DPT: what are my chances with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are my stats?

• GRE

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • GPA

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Alore

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a passion to PT. I dont have any plan Bs in case I dont get into DPT programs. That's all in my mind. Now, the only thing that stops me from pursuing my dreams is GRE.
I retook GRE 3 times. For the first and second time I did not prepare at all and got the same score. Today I retook it for the 3rd time with 3 months of practicing and still got a same score. At this point I feel so down, Is GRE the only thing that is in between me and DPT. I'm so depressed :(

Are there those who got into DPT with similar GREs?

Here are my stats
Undergd :CUNY, QC
Underground's Major: Psychology
GRE: V144, M145, Essay 3.5
Under GPA: 3.5
Prerequisites GPA : 3.7
Hours : 100 inpatient, 850 outpatient, another outpatient 450, pediatric 15
I have been an aide for 2 years

I'm probably going to apply to many schools :(((

Members don't see this ad.

There are quite a few schools that don't require the GRE! If you truly want to get into pt school, you should definitely apply at those programs! Your stats are pretty good otherwise!

There are quite a few schools that don't require the GRE! If you truly want to get into pt school, you should definitely apply at those programs! Your stats are pretty good otherwise!
Do you have any recommendations for schools like that? Any state. I appreciate your help :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the school. At my school (UTMB), my classmate asked the admissions officer if her GRE score could make or break her chances of getting accepted. He said that if it were to come down to her and another applicant scoring the exact same on every other part of the application, they would've accepted the student with the higher GRE. Perhaps you need to alter your study methods for the GRE and try again. I hear magoosh is an amazing tool to use to prepare. In the mean time, apply to programs that don't require GRE scores. In terms of not getting in during this cycle, take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world, which is really hard to understand during the application process. I wasn't accepted until 6 weeks before my program started, but I looked at a year off as a chance to continue learning, observing, and growing. Don't give up!

I'm not sure what the scoring is for GRE these days (look at percentile rather than actual score) but with your GPA being good and a higher pre-req GPA I wouldn't worry too much - GPA, GRE are both indicators for academic success that are probably looked at "together" in a way

Thomas Jefferson in Philadelphia doesn't consider GRE. That being said, the avg cGPA and pGPA are higher like 3.6-3.7
I highly recommend Magoosh if you take the GRE again. After 2 months of using magoosh, I raised my Q by 5 points and V by 1 point. Definitely worth trying and above all don't give up!