1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Studying for the DAT, GRE, OAT or PCAT? Test Prep Week Exhibitors are here to help!

DPT: what are my chances with my stats?

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Alore, Sep 7, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.

What are my stats?

1. GRE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GPA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alore

Alore

Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

I have a passion to PT. I dont have any plan Bs in case I dont get into DPT programs. That's all in my mind. Now, the only thing that stops me from pursuing my dreams is GRE.
    I retook GRE 3 times. For the first and second time I did not prepare at all and got the same score. Today I retook it for the 3rd time with 3 months of practicing and still got a same score. At this point I feel so down, Is GRE the only thing that is in between me and DPT. I'm so depressed :(

Are there those who got into DPT with similar GREs?

Here are my stats
    Undergd :CUNY, QC
    Underground's Major: Psychology
    GRE: V144, M145, Essay 3.5
    Under GPA: 3.5
    Prerequisites GPA : 3.7
    Hours : 100 inpatient, 850 outpatient, another outpatient 450, pediatric 15
    I have been an aide for 2 years

I'm probably going to apply to many schools :(((

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. amlope03

amlope03

Jun 22, 2017
    There are quite a few schools that don't require the GRE! If you truly want to get into pt school, you should definitely apply at those programs! Your stats are pretty good otherwise!

4. Alore

Alore

Sep 7, 2017
    Do you have any recommendations for schools like that? Any state. I appreciate your help :)

5. amlope03

amlope03

Jun 22, 2017
    University of Toledo in Ohio!

6. nd_dpt

nd_dpt

Nov 12, 2015
    It depends on the school. At my school (UTMB), my classmate asked the admissions officer if her GRE score could make or break her chances of getting accepted. He said that if it were to come down to her and another applicant scoring the exact same on every other part of the application, they would've accepted the student with the higher GRE. Perhaps you need to alter your study methods for the GRE and try again. I hear magoosh is an amazing tool to use to prepare. In the mean time, apply to programs that don't require GRE scores. In terms of not getting in during this cycle, take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world, which is really hard to understand during the application process. I wasn't accepted until 6 weeks before my program started, but I looked at a year off as a chance to continue learning, observing, and growing. Don't give up!

7. hujee

hujee 7+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Chicago
    I'm not sure what the scoring is for GRE these days (look at percentile rather than actual score) but with your GPA being good and a higher pre-req GPA I wouldn't worry too much - GPA, GRE are both indicators for academic success that are probably looked at "together" in a way