Musical apitude?

1) Nope I've never heard of the Chris Botti guy

2)Why not use $300 to buy a cheap trumpet so that he can't break it at school and use the real one when you play at performances? lol

3) My trumpet didn't even cost $300 lol...idk anything about it but it sounds like a trumpet to me!

Well, this trumpet is a very expensive, professional model. My mother's friend's son played it during college, and lent it to me for concert band. That's why it's so expensive to repair--because it's not just your average student-line King/Bach trumpet. Ack. I have my own trumpet ($10 at a garage sale, can't beat that) that I use for marching season, and that I'll be using until I can get the other trumpet repaired.

Lol. No, I'm hardcore enough that a $300 trumpet would probably make me cry. My band director would have a fit, the intonation on those things is so horrible.

Members don't see this ad.

*hmph*

Snooty trumpet players and their 'intonation'. My piano (and singing voice for that matter) is perfectly out of tune and you don't here me complaining.

CScull, the human voice is naturally in tune. And you pay someone else to tune up your piano.

Gee, I wonder why you're not complaining... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Naturally in tune you say? Seriously?! Someone needs to tell that to the girls in my chorus class cause it gets seriously knarly in there some days. They make me sound like your fancy-pants Trumpet.

I'm using my forgetting to take my ADD medicine today as an excuse for me not getting your sarcastic remark. Haha, Isn't it kinda ironic that they expect ADD kids to actually remember to take their medicine?

Naturally in tune, love, not on-key.

That is kind of funny, actually. I never thought of it that way... Sort of a catch-22, isn't it?

Haha, I actually got that one! Yea, and it sucks too because once you remember you've forgotten to take it it's already to late in the day to take it and then you're all grumpy and spazzy durning the day and I can never read my handwritting afterwards...

I s'pose with little kids it's easier because mommy dearest sets it out for them with their breakfast but my mommy dearest lets me fend for myself. I am a big girl after all... a spastic ADD girl but a big spastic ADD one none-the-less.

I agree a $300 dollar trumpet is great if your in middle school but isn't good for high school. :thumbup: (Heck at the middle school level you could get by with one of the $75 dollar Costco brand ones)

My friend in college just spent $4,000 on her's and she still is undecided whither or not to pursue music professionally:eek:

Dude. You could buy a car with $4000! A crappy car, but a car none-the-less... that's ridiculous.

Dude. You could buy a car with $4000! A crappy car, but a car none-the-less... that's ridiculous.

You could get a decent cello for around 2k.

Voiceboxes are free, though!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
That's ridiculous. Cellos are just wood and metal!! Maybe fancy wood and metal but seriously...

And now for an Almost stalkerish and completely off topic comment with Cscull... I noticed on your Location you're near DC, are you anywhere close to Alexandria/Fairfax County?

Harps can go for $15k...

And I got my car for $1600, and it runs like a charm! Not easy on the eyes, no, but it works great. My car is insulted by your elitist comments, CScull. :D

And, for the random trivia of the day, a cello (or hell, maybe it's the violin, I can't remember) contains about 70 separate pieces of wood. Which is probably why they're so darn expensive.

I'm sure your car is awesome Tib... I'm not sure how much mine was it's been my mom's for 15 years... her name's Tessie.

70 seperate pieces of wood is still just wood. It's not like it's made out of gold or anything... oOooh a Gold Cello. That would be soo cool looking. Terrible sound... but really really cool looking...

I was talking to my old band director about what kind of instrument I should get if I majored in music (I play the flute), and she "recommended" the one she got as a graduation gift. It cost around $14,000. She's still paying it off... My friend is going to major in flute performance and that's going to be her graduation gift. A lot of other flute teachers recommended ones up to $20,000.

Maybe it's just a flute thing. ._.

Wow. My clarinet was $600, and I thought that was a lot!

That's ridiculous. Cellos are just wood and metal!! Maybe fancy wood and metal but seriously...

Couldn't agree with u more...I think my band teacher was way overboard with it because she plays the Bassoon and hers costed about 35k...didn't know instruments got that high...didn't know many people were that serious about it! Guess I'm not. This $150-$200 fake trumpet that I have will last me for the next 3 months and then I'm done...and on the intonation thing, teacher never noticed my trumpet was fake and said I have a "nice tone quality" several times lol. Must be so cheap it's awesome-brilliant!

35k. For a Bassoon?! Who even likes Bassoons!? They make the most depressing sounds ever!! You could buy a freaking BMW, or pay for your college tuition, or pay for a wedding or something. Heck if you go for a cheap wedding, buy a used BMW, and get a scholarship you could do all three!

Who would buy a Bassoon instead of a Beemer?!

Hey, what's the difference between a bassoon and oboe?

The bassoon burns longer. :laugh:

Lol yea maybe 40 but I'll say it was 35k just to be on the cheap side. Guess she really wanted it, seeing as she has a music master's degree or something like that. Bassoons sounds like someone's got gas to me:laugh: BMW for $35,000 is a little on the low side lol but I'm sure there are a lot of other better cars or things one could get for that. I guess when you have the choice, a decision like this will really tell you if you love music.

And who buys a $20k flute?

and idk how much clarinets are but $600 is a bit much to spent on a bat with wholes.

I'd LOVE to play the harp...just don't have the patience to do it.

Am I the only one that thinks bassoons are awesome?... :confused:
And who buys a $20k flute?
It is pretty crazy, eh? They do sound AMAZING, though. Sometimes I'll think I have a decent tone until I play on a professional instrument and realize I'm delusional. :laugh:

I did some research about it last year and found flutes that go up to $55,000. Crazy stuff.

I'm going 325i not 525i, or the 7 series, or Ms for that matter... oh how I love the Ms.

There is no such thing as a better car than a BMW though... especially if you're talking sedan. Porsche's still the best sports car though... *sigh* I love fast cars.

Just because I love music does not mean I'm going to buy a $35,000 bassoon.

Lol I don't care at all about a BMW compared to a mercedes. Yea the BMW may be faster and all, but the Mercedes Benz will ALWAYS look better than a BMW! Haha. Not up for debate-can't change my mind

Gettin a Mercedes in about 10 years! ...

EW!

Mercedes over BMWs!? They're English cars. Everyone knows that English cars are crappy. (I exclude Aston Martins from this generalization of course). Plus when's the last time you've seen a 15 year old Mercedes on the road?

Nasty.

That's why I look at the Mercedes Benz S500 class which is my fav, but I think they stopped makin it. U see the 2009 models? Nice to me. And idk where u get the info from, but they aren't crappy lol. I'll probably be getting both anyways...my wife will just drive the Beemer while I drive my Benz ha.

Your wife will obviously have much better taste than you. :p

I must say I do like the SLs though... especially the ones from the late 70s early 80s they're really cool. But if you're getting a sports car I don't know why you would buy a Mercedes over a Porsche or something...

The BMW is sooo much cooler.

The Mercedes looks like a grandma car.

Ok I just researched them and I think I chang my mind...I blame you. The BMW looks better-better shape and all, but I still like both of them. I don't really want a sports car. Just a nice one would be fine, and I don't like a porsche. Call me crazy but I really don't have to have one....not like I can go fast in the USA anyways. Thanx for ruining my Benz dreams!!!:sleep:

Oops...ourbad haaaaa. Well yea TRUMPET ROCKS-end of discussion-no quesitons about it. Peace out!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXh83hNnWw[/YOUTUBE]

Come on, you know you think bassoon are awesome now. XD

"Sorry, this video does not work anymore."

The awesomeness of bassoons is kind of failing at the moment, darling.

Really? It works just fine for me... :confused:

Ok I just researched them and I think I chang my mind...I blame you. The BMW looks better-better shape and all, but I still like both of them. I don't really want a sports car. Just a nice one would be fine, and I don't like a porsche. Call me crazy but I really don't have to have one....not like I can go fast in the USA anyways. Thanx for ruining my Benz dreams!!!:sleep:

HAHA! Told you beemers are better! Porsches aren't good for the speed, they're good at curves. That's why Ferrari's and Lambo's get smoked in street races by them even when they have crazy HP and stuff. You can always take a Porsche out on a track... but then that requires free time...

I wasn't the one who did it! I just called them on it!

Own up to it Tibula! Don't be a sissy!

PS CKG I'm definately not missing not having sound right now. Thanks for that. :p

Hey, what's the difference between a bassoon and oboe?

The bassoon burns longer. :laugh:

Omg yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl

One word: Stradivarius :p:thumbup:

214px-Stradivarius_violin_front.jpg

Recently, a Strad sold for $9.5 million :eek:

And that's not even pretty!

But I bet the sound is amazing!

Buy a freaking Bose and get over it!

play flute for a long time. Some flutes cost wayyy too much esp those made from platinum, gold etc. and add hand crafted, etc and they go over 30k and if kept in good condition price inflates. heck even my "releatavely cheap" flute is increasing in price.

oh and in terms of air support flute and tuba needs the most.

I've played violin in 6th grade, switched to viola in 8th, and I play it since (10th grade right now). You still have a chance to learn. One person in my orchestra picked up the cello in sophomore year. Now a senior, she's decent.