miki-erhu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just recently graduated from my high school and started considering the medical career.
I went to a professional conservatory and have NEVER taken any biology and chemistry classes. I will be studying at Wesleyan University this fall. I was wondering how hard it would be for me to study the pre-med courses and whether it would be possible for me to get into medical school.

I know it would very challenging. But how challenging it would be?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, I just recently graduated from my high school and started considering the medical career.
I went to a professional conservatory and have NEVER taken any biology and chemistry classes. I will be studying at Wesleyan University this fall. I was wondering how hard it would be for me to study the pre-med courses and whether it would be possible for me to get into medical school.

I know it would very challenging. But how challenging it would be?

Your exposure in high school doesn't really matter for college academics. I never took chemistry and got C's and D's in biology in high school because I was irresponsible. I am now graduating Summa Cum Laude in biochemistry and did well on the MCAT. It is really just dependent on your efforts and abilities (mostly effort).

I actually believe you have an upper hand being a musician. There are dozens of academic articles demonstrating that musicianship has a great positive effect on intelligence, learning, and ability in the sciences. Music served me very well in that I learned a tremendous amount of discipline which I applied to studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, welcome to SDN! You may want to choose an anonymous profile picture on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your exposure in high school doesn't really matter for college academics. I never took chemistry and got C's and D's in biology in high school because I was irresponsible. I am now graduating Summa Cum Laude in biochemistry and did well on the MCAT. It is really just dependent on your efforts and abilities (mostly effort).

I actually believe you have an upper hand being a musician. There are dozens of academic articles demonstrating that musicianship has a great positive effect on intelligence, learning, and ability in the sciences. Music served me very well in that I learned a tremendous amount of discipline which I applied to studying.

Thank you so much for your reply!! Your experience is very encouraging!!!!