Musc waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT2ndtimesthecharm?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any current MUSC students or anyone have any knowledge of waitlist at MUSC? Does anyone have experience with it? Any information would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted last year. My advice is to stay in contact with admissions and ask if there is anything you can provide them during your wait time. They won't tell you where you are on the list but I know people who have received their acceptance the week of orientation. Don't give up hope. I did not get accepted last year. When I received my denial, I asked admissions what I could do to work on my application in my year off, and they told me. So I worked on it then I received an acceptance this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted last year. My advice is to stay in contact with admissions and ask if there is anything you can provide them during your wait time. They won't tell you where you are on the list but I know people who have received their acceptance the week of orientation. Don't give up hope. I did not get accepted last year. When I received my denial, I asked admissions what I could do to work on my application in my year off, and they told me. So I worked on it then I received an acceptance this year.
I was also wait listed for this years admission cycle, just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats from last year/ what you did to improve your application?

I was also wait listed for this years admission cycle, just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats from last year/ what you did to improve your application?

Stats from last year:

GRE: V: 145 Q: 155 AW: 3.0
cGPA: 3.29
pGPA: 3.41
Volunteer hours: 60 total with 3 different settings

They told me to improve my GRE score, earn more volunteer hours, and strengthen my LORs.

I improved my GRE (not by much at all.)
I received about 170 hours. 100 of those were in pediatrics setting with an MUSC PT, which therefore strengthened my LOR.
Even though they didn't tell me to, I also added many extracurriculars to my application as well.

Reactions: 1 user