MSUCOM attrition rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZashJMJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'll be attending MSUCOM this fall. I was wondering if anyone knows stats? What's their attrition rate?

Out of the 100 some students, how many actually make it? How many fail out. Extend? How can we find such statistics?

Just curious...Drop me a line

Bone

Members don't see this ad.

There are always people that

A: drop out of school

and

B: extend

Some do it for academic reasons, some for personal reasons. I know of both. The school obviously knows when this occurrs but its not something any school really feels a need to publish.

A few examples:

Extended so could get an extra degree: MPH

Extended to have time with newborn.

Extended because person had children.

Extended for a nagging curiousity of upper-level calculus.

Extended because recovering from severe MVA.

And dropped because of not liking med school.

The school isn't out to make people drop out or extend so this shouldn't be a worry for you. The school does expect you to make every effort to pass your classes but ABSOLUTELY will work with you if you are having difficulty. There is an entire army of faculty and staff that are at your disposal to help you academically, not to mention the upper classmen that were always VERY helpful to me. The pass/fail grading system also creates a very symbiotic student atmosphere so you shouldn't feel like you are struggling alone.

Good luck next year!!