MS in entrepreneurship.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

volcomx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a med student hoping to go into a surgical specialty but I'm also very interested in medical devices. Business has always interested me, but not in the classical administrator sense - I'm more attracted to the entrepreneurial aspects. I was originally planning on doing an MD/MBA, but it seems like that's the path towards administration. My school has a entrepreneurship and innovation elective that I've taken and enjoyed, but it's very sparse and basic as they expect us to be overwhelmed with preclinical studies. I came across the MS in entrepreneurship program and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these programs or any opinions? They are quite expensive (~50k), but many offer significant merit scholarships. I'm hoping being a med student, high grades, and high gmat will drop the price down a bit. My future goal is to be primarily a surgeon who spends some time on the side developing ideas and consulting with med device companies. If anything significant comes to fruition, maybe some time off from being a surgeon might be necessary. So what do you guys think? Worth taking off a year to do the MS?

Members don't see this ad.