MS-4 on Rad-Onc, need help with selecting presentation topic.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

misteratoz

Hi!

I'm a MS-4 going into anesthesiology. I took Rad-onc because I wanted a laid back rotation but also wanted exposure to something different. I have to do a 15 minute "low key" powerpoint presentation on a topic of my choice (very open ended).

I know very little about radiation oncology and was wondering if you guys had a topic that would be fruitful and interesting to do a presentation on. Something that is relatively easily digestable and possibly applicable to my future interests.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Risks/complications/indications for pediatric anesthesia during radiation treatment for childhood malignancies.
Thanks!

Any tips on how to approach this from the radiation side as opposed to the anesthesia perspective?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, obviously I'm no expert in anesthesiology but some pertinent questions that come to mind:

1. What are the long term risks to kids from repeated anesthesia daily over a 4-6 week period

2. Is there any risk of twitching or movement during treatment (I assume a paralytic agent would be used to prevent this)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user