Seeking Articles for SDN about Radiation Oncology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN rad onc community,

It has been brought to my attention by others outside of SDN that we do not have any articles about radiation oncology on the SDN frontpage since something like 2015. For example: 20 Questions : Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD, Radiation Oncology - SDN

SDN would like to create some new articles for radiation oncology as they do regularly for all medical specialties. We could have some lighter articles that are "life in the day of a radiation oncologist" or "how to get into radiation oncology" and we could have some heavier articles about the state of the specialty and the roots of the dissatisfaction often voiced on SDN. I would be the moderator and editor for such articles, and I am open to suggestions and to help with the articles.

The only requirement here is that you would have to write the article with your real name, not your screenname. You will need to be a rad onc attending. However, your identity in any article will not be linked to your SDN screenname, if you have one.

I would prefer that such articles be written by SDN regulars. We have hundreds of verified attendings in the private forum, and dozens who participate regularly in the main and private forum, so I know you're out there. If the SDN community does not participate, we may have to go to some contributors who are not part of the SDN community and may be unfavorably looked upon by members of our forum. This is why I'm giving you the opportunity to contribute, and I hope you will.

All the best,
Neuronix

Members don't see this ad.

Just bumping this in case anyone missted the first time.

I don't think a sticky makes sense here but want to ensure it doesn't get buried too far down the thread list.