moving to university to university..hear my story and tell me what you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay as a undergraduate I been to several universities and I don't know if that's a good thing or bad?

First two years, I was attending a community college (note that it is now a state college) and then I received my AA and transferred to a four year university and spent a year and a semester there and now I'm doing a transient at another school, will it look bad on my record? And If I take the course at another university, the gpa won't accumulate since it's a different school.. What can I say to avoid being rejected.. I feel as if this will lower my chances of getting into any opt schools? what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay as a undergraduate I been to several universities and I don't know if that's a good thing or bad?

First two years, I was attending a community college (note that it is now a state college) and then I received my AA and transferred to a four year university and spent a year and a semester there and now I'm doing a transient at another school, will it look bad on my record? And If I take the course at another university, the gpa won't accumulate since it's a different school.. What can I say to avoid being rejected.. I feel as if this will lower my chances of getting into any opt schools? what do you guys think?

Well be honest about your situation and explain it. Not explaining things will look fishy. Did you have good reasons to change universities or did you decide on a whim that you just didn't like one? I think the transfer between the community college and the four year college makes perfect sense and won't be a big deal. It's the one after that that worries me a little - but if you have a good reason for it, then I don't think it will matter much.

If you did decide on a whim to change schools, then I would spin it as "I didn't really know what I wanted at that time, but since then I have matured and made a lot more decisions about what I want to study and where. I learned a lot in that process that helped me commit to the institution and program I'm in now." I would stop changing schools at this point though! :) Good luck!