Move to San Diego area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlayToWin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! My first post on this forum. I’ve enjoyed reading posts on here for come r a decade . I had a account during my residency days but haven’t logged in a few years and can’t seem to find my login info and email associated with that account . Had to created a new account.

So I’ve been an attending for over 10 years, BC living on the east coast (Long Island). I don’t have a fellowship and graduated from a community program . I’m sick of the weather and wanted a change as much of my family has moved to Texas, Florida and California. I want to make the move to San Diego area as if I’m going. to move prefer the great weather all around.

Now before you say Don’t do it. I get it and that’s why i’m here to figure out whether it’s worth it . I know my options as an outsider are IAMG, Kaiser to name a few. For those that are in the area or have experience I would love your input and experience .

I’m also inquiring about typically how many hours per week worked, calls per month, and ballpark earnings for the year I can expect. Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone ! My first post on this forum. I’ve enjoyed reading posts on here for come r a decade . I had a account during my residency days but haven’t logged in a few years and can’t seem to find my login info and email associated with that account . Had to created a new account.

So I’ve been an attending for over 10 years, BC living on the east coast (Long Island). I don’t have a fellowship and graduated from a community program . I’m sick of the weather and wanted a change as much of my family has moved to Texas, Florida and California. I want to make the move to San Diego area as if I’m going. to move prefer the great weather all around.

Now before you say Don’t do it. I get it and that’s why i’m here to figure out whether it’s worth it . I know my options as an outsider are IAMG, Kaiser to name a few. For those that are in the area or have experience I would love your input and experience .

I’m also inquiring about typically how many hours per week worked, calls per month, and ballpark earnings for the year I can expect. Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend there. He has a good job and good hours. It wasn't impossible to get. SD is not LA and is considered by some to be undesireable because its far from LA/other big cities. I would map out the hospitals, google them, and apply to the groups staffing the hospitals you see.

Jobs out here tend to be structured differently than PP jobs back East. Out here most PP jobs are physician only and pay on a production based system - usually blended unit. Vacation is as much or as you little as you want, you just aren’t making money when you aren’t working. Most gigs are gonna fall into the 325-400k range, but that’s highly variable even within each group as some value money and work more while others value time and work less.

Partner tracks and fairness vary widely.

Reactions: 1 users