San Diego Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
San diego is nice. A lot of other places on the west coast with exceptional weather and not as expensive. šŸ˜ŽView attachment 356743

View attachment 356744View attachment 356745
Beautiful!...Reminds me when I used to live about 45 minutes NW of Sac in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. About 2 hours to SF/Napa, and 2 hours to Tahoe. Housing/COL was pretty reasonable (about 4 years ago), but Bay transplants/housing craziness have changed this. Fires are also progressively getting worse.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats not early retirement. Do you still work at all? or do you just scroll your phone like Chief Meadowsall day

I gigolo a little bit when I get too bored.

• Haha
  • Hmm
I gigolo a little bit when I get too bored.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

• Haha
I just saw an ad for locums in Oceanside today. Looks like ASMG cancelled the contract at tri city. I may look into that- has to be good golf down there... whatā€™s a tee time cost though?

All these places in Southern California are impossible to afford. Particularly if they are resort towns and cities with beaches. Average house prices are 5 million and up. Impossible to be a doc and living in seedy shady areas of town or commute more than 1 hour away to work

All these places in Southern California are impossible to afford. Particularly if they are resort towns and cities with beaches. Average house prices are 5 million and up. Impossible to be a doc and living in seedy shady areas of town or commute more than 1 hour away to work

Forgive me when I say you have absolutely no idea what youā€™re talking about

I just saw an ad for locums in Oceanside today. Looks like ASMG cancelled the contract at tri city. I may look into that- has to be good golf down there... whatā€™s a tee time cost though?
Wonder why ASMG pulled out of Tri-City?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. 5 million is a stretch. So what does a 3-4 bedroom, 2 BR 2000SF house cost?

San Diego is big city with a ton of different neighborhoods. The price of that 2 BR 2000SF house will vary drastically depending on where it is.

If you're curious: https://www.redfin.com/city/16904/CA/San-Diego

Keep in mind that the housing market in SD has gone absolutely bonkers over the last several years.

Reactions: 1 user
San Diego is big city with a ton of different neighborhoods. The price of that 2 BR 2000SF house will vary drastically depending on where it is.

If you're curious: https://www.redfin.com/city/16904/CA/San-Diego

Keep in mind that the housing market in SD has gone absolutely bonkers over the last several years.
I see two houses close in equivalence to mine without the half acre and they are $1.3-1.4 million. Uhmm nope, nope, nope.
Most I am willing to spend is 5-600k and not in TX because of the Real Estate Taxes.

I see two houses close in equivalence to mine without the half acre and they are $1.3-1.4 million. Uhmm nope, nope, nope.
Most I am willing to spend is 5-600k and not in TX because of the Real Estate Taxes.

To each their own. I live in a place that people dream of vacationing in for one or two weeks out of the year. I can (and do) go surfing and hiking year-round. It also helps to have bought a house >5 years ago.

My W2 would need to have at least 6 zeros to get me to live in most other states in this country.

To each their own. I live in a place that people dream of vacationing in for one or two weeks out of the year. I can (and do) go surfing and hiking year-round. It also helps to have bought a house >5 years ago.

My W2 would need to have at least 6 zeros to get me to live in most other states in this country.

Yeah but doesnā€™t it make you mad that you canā€™t have an assault rifle?;)

I go vacationing for sure.
I do hate the heat and flatness TX and its why I am in the mountains right now. Colorado would be a better compromise for me.
Anyway, about to move to a place where people go vacation and with a mild climate and great altitude so I get it. Dream, forever house gonna cost me about $140k.

I go vacationing for sure.
I do hate the heat and flatness TX and its why I am in the mountains right now. Colorado would be a better compromise for me.
Anyway, about to move to a place where people go vacation and with a mild climate and great altitude so I get it. Dream, forever house gonna cost me about $140k.

I think that you would hate colorado

I think that you would hate colorado
Nah. Spent some time there in the winter. Had a condo there. Yes it snows a lot but it has lots of sunshine and the snow often melts. Yes there are blizzards. I am aware. They often have many days in the 50s during the winter where the snow turns to slush.
I like the liberal mentality. The prices have gone up though due to all those Californians. Same as Texas.