motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Members don't see this ad.

hello buddies,i got exm in a couple of weeks.i still got to do the last revision of patho and anat -theory and then QP,DECKS .now its high time for me.....so i dont think i will be able to participate actively in this thread.And also i prefer to stay away from discussion bcos sometimes i might worry or get scared.so let me stay clam and focus for the rest of the days.i would like to thank all those who were here.
meet u soon after my exam.till then try to keep this thread alive.
and also best wishes for all exam going docs.
thx u guys
ssr

Good Luck!
See u after ur exam! Need ur feedback!

hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Can you tell me what should I do first ot what strategy shoul I used to get better result in less time.

just need help..
not able to study properly..i am with my books but somethings keep on running at the bac of my mind,,i feel as if i am wasting time..

pliz help..how can i amprove my focus..

Members don't see this ad :)
just need help..
not able to study properly..i am with my books but somethings keep on running at the bac of my mind,,i feel as if i am wasting time..

hey... it happens vth alll.... dont worry .... just tell urself.... its just few more days n den after dat its all happy holidays!!!:) :)
just keep tellin ... its afew more days of struggle dats allll!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
keep doin da hard work....
gud wishes n best of luck!!!!

just need help..

hi docasrap
u got ur xam in a couple of weeks rite?? so u just have a couple of weeks to study and once u do ur xams well, then think how much fun u can have..:) so sit tight just for few more days and work hard...v all will get into good schools...:thumbup::thumbup: good luck...

I tried to do 1997 biochem paper. The first 50 questions- I got 25 WRONG. I was depressed.
Then tried next 50 questions and got 11 wrong. Was a bit relaxed !

hello guys,just gave my exm part 1 today.i wouldn't say it is tough.all questions were mixed up and many testlets.i think there were 10 to 12 testlets.very few questions on pt. management and ethics.so dont worry guys.i think kaplan review,decks and QP will help to ace in this exm.i studied from so many books,so i had difficultly during revision.i didnot have time to go throu all the question papers and i didnot study decks.....did only 50% of it.i really couldn't say how i did.but i know i didnot do bad.anyway iam ready to face the consequences.let's see wat happens.any way, goodluck for everybody who r going to take this exm.
thankyou one and all
ssr

hello guys,just gave my exm part 1 today.i wouldn't say it is tough.all questions were mixed up and many testlets.i think there were 10 to 12 testlets.very few questions on pt. management and ethics.so dont worry guys.i think kaplan review,decks and QP will help to ace in this exm.i studied from so many books,so i had difficultly during revision.i didnot have time to go throu all the question papers and i didnot study decks.....did only 50% of it.i really couldn't say how i did.but i know i didnot do bad.anyway iam ready to face the consequences.let's see wat happens.any way, goodluck for everybody who r going to take this exm.
thankyou one and all
ssr

:) hi der....
so finally done vth it... gud....
don worry ul b fine... ul score gud... u really worked hard....my wishes vth u....
m givin my xm on monday... hope i 2 do gud....
enjoy:hardy: :hardy:

good luc venkatcpp..
u l do good...
i was also suppose to appear this week..due to some reasons i had to pospone my xm in may..
u l will be free!!!!!!!!!:scared:

:) hi der....
so finally done vth it... gud....
don worry ul b fine... ul score gud... u really worked hard....my wishes vth u....
m givin my xm on monday... hope i 2 do gud....
enjoy:hardy: :hardy:

hi.wish u all the best.
thx-ssr

Hey ssr good to know u r done with the exam...all the very best for results...wanted to ask u one thing....the questions about the testlet is a subquestion like A,B,C,etc...or each question is regarded as one of the 400 questions.pls let me know.

i did get a lot of valuable info on this post ,could anyone tell me if asda released papers,rudmans,kaplan q bank is enough for nbde part1 or shd i procure more question papers.pls let me know guys...

thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey
all the best ....
I am sure all your hard work will pay off....

venkatccp ...good luck with ur exams

:)
thanks guys 4 all ur wishes...:)

m finally done vth my xmz....
feeln relieved....
xm was ok.... not very happy...
i hardly saw any repeats.... lots of testlets... no diag related Qz...
end of da day m just happy dat its all over...

for people about 2 give xmz..... plz prepare welll b clear vth da concepts...
its not a tough thing 2 do....but a lil hard work is needed...
testlets wer based on concepts.. so dont worry about dem...
n rest all is ok... b confident n chill:thumbup:

thanks guys 4 all ur wishes...:)

m finally done vth my xmz....
feeln relieved....
xm was ok.... not very happy...
i hardly saw any repeats.... lots of testlets... no diag related Qz...
end of da day m just happy dat its all over...

for people about 2 give xmz..... plz prepare welll b clear vth da concepts...
its not a tough thing 2 do....but a lil hard work is needed...
testlets wer based on concepts.. so dont worry about dem...
n rest all is ok... b confident n chill:thumbup:

u r done with it dude...take time out and relax:) thanks for the advise...good luck for ur result....

Hi everyone!

I was done with my exam yesterday! :)
for those of u who are next,pls know that u need to know ur subject well!
donot under or overestimate the test!
it was quite simple in the way it was constructed,nothing like u would not understand!
i personally felt that the clinical testlets were the best questions!
the rest as it goes - a mix up.
but pls don try any shortcuts,take ur time n do the exam! don rush!
knowing the subject is the base line!
i willnot zero down to a few books or material and say it is sufficient cos i felt u really need to know the concepts thru n thru!
i was caught up on a few concepts which we believe negligible n paid my price,so i advice u know everythn n take ur time n be organised!
u need u know wat u know thouroughly!
revise revise n revise!
at the end of the day,i was not a wee bit satisfied with my performance!
im sharing the mistakes i've made n hope u guys will learn something from it!

n those of u giving ur exams in a few days,take ur time to relax before the exam!
take atleast the last two days to relax!
u will need all that energy for the big day!
don keep urself tied up till the end!
its very stressful to be taking the test so chill out n calm ur brains!

its not a herculean task!
im sure each one of u will make it!
just stay on track!

all the best to everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and giving us some tips! :)
all the best for you! :thumbup:

thankyou one and all
ssr

Did u get ur results???

After a long long time, im peeking into this thread.. Its become a kind of lazy thread!!!(like me).. I sort of lost my track of studying meanwhile due to some issues.. tryin to push myself into it again..
Hey ssr, don't lose ur hopes.. Ur score may not be the greatest in NBDE scale but its a great score since u have given it all u have got.. So, just apply and see what might come ur way.. If u have a strong motivation, that's all u need to win:thumbup:
Hello guys, whoever is preparing for exams.. let's work hard and motivate each other through this thread.. Plz bring this thread back to life:luck:

Cheers

hello can some one help me out of my problem .........i am very much much confused which book to refer i hav kaplan nbde part 1 notes and dental decks and kaplan question papers ,when i went thru th threads many ppl studyng different books...i really dont know how to go about each subject.
plz can some one tell me which all books do we need to study

thanks
fatimah:confused:

After a long long time, im peeking into this thread.. Its become a kind of lazy thread!!!(like me).. I sort of lost my track of studying meanwhile due to some issues.. tryin to push myself into it again..
Hey ssr, don't lose ur hopes.. Ur score may not be the greatest in NBDE scale but its a great score since u have given it all u have got.. So, just apply and see what might come ur way.. If u have a strong motivation, that's all u need to win:thumbup:
Hello guys, whoever is preparing for exams.. let's work hard and motivate each other through this thread.. Plz bring this thread back to life:luck:

Cheers

hi manumamo,iam planning to take the exm again in july 0r august.now very much occupied with my 21 month old son.i tried sending him to day care......he is crying a lot.so i just stopped sending him there.when things settle down .......i may be able to study.most of the people in this tread have given their exms ,i guess.
anyway thx manumamo,
ssr