motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Members don't see this ad.

hello guys,very bad weekend.just trying to get in the groove of studying.got exms in few days.
ssr

hi all...
i just got 20+ days 4 my xmz.... n m finind hard 2 keep up vth buks..... sumtimes feel like i hav 4gotten everythin.....
god knowz wats gonna happen. neway.....
will start da revisin on 1st april....
all da best 2 all

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

hws is everyone going!
buck up guys,we are fast approaching the big day!
but don loose hope!
keep studying! study as much as u can! work hard! a few more days won't hurt!

i successfully completed the circulatory sys as a whole n bits n pieces of systemic anat.but still a lot to finish! hope to finish anat by tmrw!

Work Hard People! its now or never!!!!!
so don take a chance!

happy studying!

lets give ideas to jot down imp things before exam starts ..like i plan to write down eruption time,normal values(respiatory volumes,blood-pt,ptt,etc,renal values)....then biochem cycles in sort form.pls let us know more about what u all know that might really help us in the exam.how is studies....i am also tensed....its little slow now...how much ever we read i think the list is never ending.!!!!

hey everyone! I'm really new to this forum!Just joined yesterday:) So far I think its a great way to keep you motivated...I've just started studying for the ndbe part 1 and am planning to take it in july2007...Thought I'd start with the dental decks...i have the 2004 edition but does anyone know what the difference is between the 2004 and the 2006-7 dental decks? are they worth getting? Also where can I buy the kaplan review books that everyones talking about? Please help!
and keep on studying:thumbup:

hi buddies,completed with BRS-physio yesterday.started with lippincott today.got 33 chapters.atleast got to do 8-10 chapters a day.keep u posted.
regards
ssr

:oops:
Hi guys, i just now thought of tryin this motivation thread.. This is my 1st day of serious ppn for part 1.. Let me see if it works for me..
Can anybody share with me how many hours r they studyin?? Bcoz according to my schedule, i hardly get 6 to 8 hrs to study.. If i can dedicate those 6-8 hrs in a day for my studies, ill be more than happy..
Now, im gonna start with dental decks 2001.. with anatomical sciences to start with.. I will be so eager to write that i completed with it!!!

Thanks motivators, keep up with this..

hey ssr! thanx for replying back! good luck with studying for the exam! when are you planning on taking it? I have lippencoot also so I think I'm going to stick to that for the time being. Also can you please tell me where i can purchase the latest edition of the KAPLAN REVIEW BOOKS....I've looked everywhere imaginable online and the ones available seem to be in a cd format...I need a paper based one. any help in this matter would be HUGELY appreciated!:)

hi guys....keep it up....dont loose hope.....sit tight just for few days and u can have loads of fun later....
Good luck to all:thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hello,its taking me a lot of time to do biochem(even for the third time).just doing chapter 7-lippin.lets work hard.study study study
ssr

good morning....today i am planning to complete chapter 11-15 from lippincott.
ok then,bye now.
cheers
ssr

hello guys,were r u.no updates.yesterday,me kind of disturbed and worried a lot so not able to study properly.got exams in another 3 weeks.iam doing the final revision.i have completed only physioand 75% of biochem.today iam going to do DA-kaplan and decks.planning to study for 10 hrs.lets see.come on guys ....we got to study.
ssr

Im studyin just here n thr.. some decks, some kaplan, some wiki...
Nothin is completed as planned:mad: Once, im half done, i shall book the date!!
The best part is whenever i see this thread, i get motivated.. so i have set it as homepage (will also set it as background soon). Becoz, I will be needing strong doses of motivation quite often:rolleyes:
Now, let me go n start fighting with my studies again! Plz keep updating wat all u guys studied by the end of the day.. so that i can feel guilty myself and come back to motivation mood!

Thanks u all,
Good studyin

I am trying to solve papers and kaplan q bank....then i will have to complete little anatomy and physiology...then i start my revision.are u guys revise even released papers....i don't think i have time for that.where are u reading testlets from???keep us updated.....plsssss

hi anya,iam not doing any special material for testlets.i am just concentrating on the theories ,hoping that might help me answer any question.besides theory decks and qp.

hello buddies,i just completed kaplan DA.now, iam going to start micro-riduculously simple.i really want to complete 75% of micro today.
keep u posted,
cheers
ssr

Im studyin just here n thr.. some decks, some kaplan, some wiki...
Nothin is completed as planned:mad: Once, im half done, i shall book the date!!
The best part is whenever i see this thread, i get motivated.. so i have set it as homepage (will also set it as background soon). Becoz, I will be needing strong doses of motivation quite often:rolleyes:
Now, let me go n start fighting with my studies again! Plz keep updating wat all u guys studied by the end of the day.. so that i can feel guilty myself and come back to motivation mood!

Thanks u all,
Good studyin

hi,its ok, if u were able to do 60-75% of the schedule.As per my schedule i should have given my exm on march 10 .i was not able to keep up with my schedule so i got to postpond it for a month.this is with everyone.so feel good when u were able to follow 60 -75% of ur schedule.
best wishes
ssr

its nice to be here !i have also started my preparation ,planning to give in may end but going very slow !

can anyone xplain me this ques from released paper.

Q- An autosomal dominant trait showing 50% penetrance will be phenotypically expressed in what percentage of the offspring ?
a-0
b-25

c-33
d-50
e-75

answer to this is 25 %

Hi ,this is a nice way to motivate ourselves .i am also planning to give xm by may end but still reading very slow .

i have a probllem ,can anyone plz xplain this
Q-An autosomal dominant trait showing 50 % penetrance will be phenotypically expressed in what percentage in the offspring ?

1- 0
2- 25
3- 33
4-60
5-75

answer to this is 25.

Thanx ssr.. I believe u must be very determined. Keep up the hard work.. Im doin micro-path decks now. I know i can finish it today if i sit tight and study.
Let me do it now.. Hope for the best. Good luck

done for the day..completed DA from kaplan..took 2 days..left with decks and qp..

keep u posted

gud luc guys..:thumbup:

talking to the non gunners at my school, they all claim to make high 80s low 90s by just studying 1month before a couple of hours a day and like 16 hours in a weekend. are they sandbagging me or should that be enough for like an 88?

its nice to be here !i have also started my preparation ,planning to give in may end but going very slow !

can anyone xplain me this ques from released paper.

Q- An autosomal dominant trait showing 50% penetrance will be phenotypically expressed in what percentage of the offspring ?
a-0
b-25

c-33
d-50
e-75

answer to this is 25 %

Hi,

Penetrance refers to the extent to which a given gene expresses itself.To illustrate
imagine a dominant gene for green hair,G.Both phenotypes GG and Gg are expected to
phenotypically have green hair.However ,due to environmental factors,or due to the
effect of other related genes,green hair may not always show phenotypically,even
though the individual possess the dominant G gene.If it actually shows in the
appearance of 50% of the individuals who have appropriate genotype ,it is said to have 50%
penetrance.The rest of the problem is math.If for some reason ,male parents in a large group
express this green trait 50% of the time and female parents also express this green trait 50%
of the time,we expect the offspring to express it 50%times 50% or 25% of the time.
so,the correct ans is 25%.

Hope this helps.

hi,i have just completed virology.planning to start bacteriology now.will be there once iam completed.
ssr

Im only half way through micro-path.. goin in a slow pace.. Not able to retain things if i do it fast.. Wat u guys feel about it? Is one glance sufficient if reading for 1st time?

iam still with bacteriology.didn t finish as per schedule.atleast by today i have to be done with micro.

Im only half way through micro-path.. goin in a slow pace.. Not able to retain things if i do it fast.. Wat u guys feel about it? Is one glance sufficient if reading for 1st time?

make sure u understand the stuff while doing first reading.and during subsequent reading u will get the subject.

Hi everyone! my preparation is going way too slow! im just finding time to do question papers while im doing my revision if i really call it that! hv u guys started with the papers! hw do u go about doing them! when im only doing the papers im tensed bou revising! i put up my scores previously! cud someone put up theirs too! that would help!

pls advice people!

many thanks!

hello buddies,i got exm in a couple of weeks.i still got to do the last revision of patho and anat -theory and then QP,DECKS .now its high time for me.....so i dont think i will be able to participate actively in this thread.And also i prefer to stay away from discussion bcos sometimes i might worry or get scared.so let me stay clam and focus for the rest of the days.i would like to thank all those who were here.
meet u soon after my exam.till then try to keep this thread alive.
and also best wishes for all exam going docs.
thx u guys
ssr

Hi SSR!

I wish you all the good luck. im sure u'll get through the exam deservingly! u really worked very hard for this n now is the time to make it the best!
Do it well n do it good!

Im giving my exam in the same week too!

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Doctor.tooth!

good luc to both xm going frenz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do well..dn worry..things will be fine..u guys have really worked hard..

bless u..

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!1

get back after ur xm..

hello doctor.tooth and docasrpa,thx a lot .wish u both success in this exm.
ssr

hello doctor.tooth and docasrpa,thx a lot .wish u both success in this exm.
ssr

all the best ssr and doctor.tooth:thumbup::thumbup:.....u guys will do a grt job dont worry....v all will get into good schools....:)

hey....
doctor.tooth,docaspra,ssr...
me 2 givin xm in da same week.....
i wish u all all da best n best of luck.....god help us all!!!!!
amen!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi guys you all are doing a great job.This thread is very motivating.I just moved to Texas from India and planning to take part one in july.I am having problem in concentrating I think i picked a wrong subject biochem Any tips howI should go about it.All the best to all of you.

make sure u understand the stuff while doing first reading.and during subsequent reading u will get the subject.

Thanks ssr.. I wl have to put more efforts.. Hopefully, ill do it.
I wish u all the success in ur exams. May ur hard work pay off.
Be back to the thread after exams ok..

Good luck u all.. Let's do it.

hi friends...pls help...
is there rule tht we can give part 2 after part 1 only after 3 months???? and how bout between part 2 and part 2......how much time do we have to wait....and how bout after part 2 if we want to give part 1 then do we have to wait 3 months??? pls reply...........i m very confused....thnks in advance....good luck to all friends for ur xms............

hi friends...
pls reply.....atleast one of u must be knowing the answer....trust me i tried my best to find it our from ada part 1 and 2 catalog...but couldnt get the specific answer then only posted here...so pls pls reply

thnks
reni

Hi, I'm glad someone started this thread, cause my main problem is the motivation, It's hard to chose between have a fun day with my family and stay home in a room and study like living in another world. I'm trying to push myself to do this, and I think sharing the same experience with you guys might help. I cannot study for 10 hrs but I could do 5-6. I'm plannig to retake in a couple of months, I got an 81 the first time, hopefully I can get a higher score.. good luck for all of you!

Hi, I also want to join hands to study together...I would say that I am not well motivated to study...Don't feel like after I study for 2-3 hrs in a day! I know I shd study harder but hardly am! I plan to retake in July. I got a score of 80, the first time...Wasted a lot of time since then! I started with biochem n then left it in between...Started with Micro now...
Motivate me plz....