General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted into ACU today. Submitted my app and then waited. I am going to chew on it for a few days, as I have already accepted a seat elsewhere. TX is a bit far from me, but a 24 month program is also quite appealing.

Congrats!! I thought I read somewhere on this forum that ACU is 1 of the few schools that does not interview - were you called for an interview before they offered you a seat in the Fall 2020 cohort?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there still a chance to get an interview at Texas Tech?

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm currently waitlisted. In the email I received they said that the wait-list will remain open until May 1st. Good Luck :)

whats the latest we'll hear from TWU Houston for acceptance? I received an accreditation email last week thinking it was the acceptance email. I interviewed in December. Thank you and congrats to any accepted already!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone let me know how the Texas Tech interview went? What is all involved?

To those of you who got accepted to TWU Dallas or Denton, are there any of you who accepted twu in the mean time but plan on accepting elsewhere. I am still on the waitlist and curious to know my chances of getting off..
I got accepted into TWU Dallas, but now I think I’m gonna go to UTHSCSA, so I hope you get off the waitlist soon!

Reactions: 3 users
I got accepted into TWU Dallas, but now I think I’m gonna go to UTHSCSA, so I hope you get off the waitlist soon!
Thank you so much for the update, I hope so too. Congrats and good luck!!!

Can anyone let me know how the Texas Tech interview went? What is all involved?
it was suuuuper chill! it was a group activity, a tour from a couple students, then an interview in which one faculty member would ask you a question & then rotate to where another faculty member asked you a different question.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! I thought I read somewhere on this forum that ACU is 1 of the few schools that does not interview - were you called for an interview before they offered you a seat in the Fall 2020 cohort?
No interview at ACU. They've sent several emails since my acceptance regarding the next steps in the admissions process, but I didn't hear a peep until now. They give two weeks to put down a seat deposit (which is more generous than some schools). So perhaps they will send out another round of acceptances later in the month.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey fellow UTHSCSA peeps, I started a Facebook group if ya'll would like to join! P.s. Please tell me if the link doesn't work because I am bad at technology

Reactions: 4 users
Just making sure I’m in the loop, but no one has heard more from TWU regarding deposits or anything right?

Just making sure I’m in the loop, but no one has heard more from TWU regarding deposits or anything right?

TWU doesn’t require a deposit. Amber the OT admission coordinator confirmed this info for me last week :)

I got waitlisted at UTMB! Anyone else?
Also has anyone gotten off that waitlist yet?

I got waitlisted at UTMB! Anyone else?
Also has anyone gotten off that waitlist yet?
I got waitlisted too. According to the thread there might be people giving up their spot so there is hope for us 70!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask you why you chose to attend there instead of TWU?
Mainly I’m just a bit uncomfortable with TWU not becoming accredited until several years after the program starts. I doubt they won’t become accredited because the curriculum was approved, but I feel like there hasn’t been enough info given about the new layout. Like I tried to estimate the tuition and fees, but there’s nothing on there that shows how much more they’ll be charging for the doctorate level classes. Also, I just felt like I got a better vibe from the faculty and current students at UTHSC. Sorry to ramble lol

Does anyone know which CPR certification is needed for UTHSCSA? I know it has to be from the American Heart Association, but there's a lot of options I'm just not sure which one is needed/acceptable.

does anyone know when texas tech should be sending out emails?
I interviewed there early January

Mainly I’m just a bit uncomfortable with TWU not becoming accredited until several years after the program starts. I doubt they won’t become accredited because the curriculum was approved, but I feel like there hasn’t been enough info given about the new layout. Like I tried to estimate the tuition and fees, but there’s nothing on there that shows how much more they’ll be charging for the doctorate level classes. Also, I just felt like I got a better vibe from the faculty and current students at UTHSC. Sorry to ramble lol
I wasn’t able to apply to UTHSC, because of the Physics portion. My gpa wasn’t so good in my undergrad, but luckily TWU looks at last 60 hours. Did really well in my graduate degree. Lots of schools won’t do that, so I was lucky to be accepted to TWU. I do have some anxiety about the faculty and the accreditation, but I heard they were making some changes. Hoping for the best!

does anyone know when texas tech should be sending out emails?
I interviewed there early January
I interviewed there Jan 17th and they said to not expect anything for 4-6 weeks.

I wasn’t able to apply to UTHSC, because of the Physics portion. My gpa wasn’t so good in my undergrad, but luckily TWU looks at last 60 hours. Did really well in my graduate degree. Lots of schools won’t do that, so I was lucky to be accepted to TWU. I do have some anxiety about the faculty and the accreditation, but I heard they were making some changes. Hoping for the best!
I’ve met several OT’s who have graduated from the program there and they’ve all been awesome, so I’m sure you’ll love it! Congrats on your acceptance!

Hey fellow UTHSCSA peeps, I started a Facebook group if ya'll would like to join! P.s. Please tell me if the link doesn't work because I am bad at technology

just joined!

Does anyone know which CPR certification is needed for UTHSCSA? I know it has to be from the American Heart Association, but there's a lot of options I'm just not sure which one is needed/acceptable.
I just called and asked admissions, and they said it doesn’t matter which one you choose.

Does anyone that has been accepted to ACU mind to share their stats? I am patiently waiting to hear back and I am wondering what my chances are (more or less) Thanks!

Got accepted to ACU yesterday. But will probably be declining my acceptance.. Best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone found a Facebook group for the incoming TWU Dallas cohort?

Does anyone that has been accepted to ACU mind to share their stats? I am patiently waiting to hear back and I am wondering what my chances are (more or less) Thanks!
I just got accepted to ACU this morning. Heres a quick summary of my stats

Overall gpa: 3.48
Pre req gpa: 3.7
Observation hours: 320, in a school district, nursing home, 2 outpatient ped.,
Professional experience: ABA therapist for 3 years.

Not sure if I will accept yet, I’m still going to consider the cost and I don’t know much about the school since there wasn’t an interview and I didn’t attend any open house events. Best of luck stay hopeful!

Not sure if I will accept yet, I’m still going to consider the cost and I don’t know much about the school since there wasn’t an interview and I didn’t attend any open house events. Best of luck stay hopeful!

Hi! Can I ask when you applied? I applied in late October and haven't heard anything since...

Hi! Can I ask when you applied? I applied in late October and haven't heard anything since...

FYI - I had a campus visit and met with the Admissions office several months ago. They told me then that the Admissions Committee does not review applications until the actual deadline (December 15th), which may be why you have not heard anything yet. Looks like they're slowly starting to send out notices (judging from some of the folks who posted here saying they just found out they were accepted), so hopefully we will hear something soon.

FYI - I had a campus visit and met with the Admissions office several months ago. They told me then that the Admissions Committee does not review applications until the actual deadline (December 15th), which may be why you have not heard anything yet. Looks like they're slowly starting to send out notices (judging from some of the folks who posted here saying they just found out they were accepted), so hopefully we will hear something soon.
Oh okay! Thank you for letting me know, this helps! Good luck to ya!

That is great news, congratulations!
Thank you!

has anyone got off the waitlist at TWU recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still no update for me yet.

no update for me either. I spoke to Amber from admissions this morning and she said they’re still inviting people. I also asked if once their cohort is full if we will be notified & rejected .. she said they wait until May 1st to send out rejections. :/

no update for me either. I spoke to Amber from admissions this morning and she said they’re still inviting people. I also asked if once their cohort is full if we will be notified & rejected .. she said they wait until May 1st to send out rejections. :/
I hate how we have to wait till so last minute to find out. What do we do in regards of living situation if we get approved?

I hate how we have to wait till so last minute to find out. What do we do in regards of living situation if we get approved?

that’s what I’m worried about .. but it is what it is I guess :/

Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or anything for those accepted to Texas Tech?

Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or anything for those accepted to Texas Tech?

I don’t believe so, but I could be wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got off the waitlist for UTMB!! I will be dropping my acceptance to TWU Houston so they will be an opening there soon!

Reactions: 6 users
I would like to publicly thank whoever declined their spot at UTMB. I just got off the waitlist!!! I will be declining my spot at the following: Waitlist: TWU Houston, UTHSCA and Acceptance into USA Austin. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 5 users
I would like to publicly thank whoever declined their spot at UTMB. I just got off the waitlist!!! I will be declining my spot at the following: Waitlist: TWU Houston, UTHSCA and Acceptance into USA Austin. Best of luck to everyone.
I got off the waitlist as well! But my email said that I must approve my acceptance of admissions by February 12th, but I got the email today, February 13th, at noon. Did you run into the same problem by chance? I’ve been trying to contact the UTMB OT admissions all day and left a voicemail but haven’t heard back!

Just got accepted into ACU today. Submitted my app and then waited. I am going to chew on it for a few days, as I have already accepted a seat elsewhere. TX is a bit far from me, but a 24 month program is also quite appealing.
I got an acceptance to ACU today.Totally in the same boat as you. Did you decide where you are attending?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe we could make one? :)

I got off the waitlist as well! But my email said that I must approve my acceptance of admissions by February 12th, but I got the email today, February 13th, at noon. Did you run into the same problem by chance? I’ve been trying to contact the UTMB OT admissions all day and left a voicemail but haven’t heard back!

so the OT secretary retired last week so I’m sure they just sent out the original acceptance email. The date for acceptance for those with the original offer had that date as a deadline.