General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you remember about how many days it was?
They were waiting on the OTD approval so it took a couple weeks, but now that they have approval I’m sure it’ll be sooner than that!

Reactions: 1 user
Yep I got the same email. I guess they don't interview and they told me they were sending out decisions in March 2020. which was really weird to me because everyone who got into other schools would surely have accepted their spot by then. It was my last choice school anyways lol
Wait so for TWU, did anyone get waitlisted for the campus they actually interviewed at and accepted into a different campus? That happened to me and I'm just kind of confused by it! And I'm waiting to hear from other schools so I don't want my spot to get taken if I don't accept it right away

I forgot to mention, your acceptance email usually mentions a deadline for you to either accept or decline their offer. As long as you reply yes on or before that specified deadline, you won't lose your spot. Sometimes, if people are still waiting to hear from their first school choice, they accept their second or third choice school's offer but then go back and decline it when their first school of choice sends them an acceptance. What happens after that is, that school with a now vacant seat pulls from their waitlist, etc. Like, let's say someone got into TWU Denton but really wants to go to El Paso... when they're accepted to El Paso in March 2020, they tell TWU Denton that they're going somewhere else, and then TWU Denton goes back to their waitlist and pulls the next applicant. Haha. there is a lot of room for movement. Anyway, hope that also helps with your UT El Paso confusion too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What would be our potential graduation date for TWU Summer 2020 Cohort if the OTD is in place?

What would be our potential graduation date for TWU Summer 2020 Cohort if the OTD is in place?
Hi yes I’m also curious about this... I’m waitlisted for TWU but I’m wondering when they will have more information about the program and how differs from the MOT program, like whether they require a capstone or thesis, or how long the program will now be??

I spoke to an acquaintance who is currently in her first year of OT school at UTMB, and she said she never heard of it before either. She believes it is something new they started this year
Yeh!! My friend had an interview with them last year and she told me the same thing! I feel like it may just be on basic health knowledge, hopefully.

Has anyone found any information on study material for the HSRT?

I took it last week. It was about an hour long exam and they said not to stress about it, they're just kind of testing it to see if they like it to replace the GRE in the future for future cohorts. The results (it appeared in my opinion) were almost like a personality test, seeing what your strengths and weaknesses are; testing you over your analysis, interpretation, deduction, evaluation, etc., skills. You can't really study for it, I was worried about it too but it was not bad at all.

I took it last week. It was about an hour long exam and they said not to stress about it, they're just kind of testing it to see if they like it to replace the GRE in the future for future cohorts. The results (it appeared in my opinion) were almost like a personality test, seeing what your strengths and weaknesses are; testing you over your analysis, interpretation, deduction, evaluation, etc., skills. You can't really study for it, I was worried about it too but it was not bad at all.

thank you for that!!! I was in full freak out mode.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi yes I’m also curious about this... I’m waitlisted for TWU but I’m wondering when they will have more information about the program and how differs from the MOT program, like whether they require a capstone or thesis, or how long the program will now be??

As for UTHSCSA, our program is 3 years with 9 semesters so summer, fall, and spring for all years. First two years are all classes including one week field work level 1 per semester in mental health, peds, or adults. Our last year will consist of one full semester of pediatrics level 2 and one of adults level 2. The last spring semester will be our capstone project. That’s how ours is; I imagine the new OTD programs for others school will do something very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Thank you for this! Super helpful!!

I just wanted to let y’all know I was pulled off of the waitlist for TWU Denton this morning!! So definitely don’t give up hope, I really thought I would never hear from them again!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any tips for the UTMB interview? :) anything for the individual, group or essay portion? thanks!!

What I'm wondering is if we're currently on a waitlist for TWU, if after the 27th there's still a chance for someone to pull their acceptance and then move up/out of the waitlist? Even as the summer semester approaches? But I wanted to see if any of y'all have already asked TWU a similar question?

What I'm wondering is if we're currently on a waitlist for TWU, if after the 27th there's still a chance for someone to pull their acceptance and then move up/out of the waitlist? Even as the summer semester approaches? But I wanted to see if any of y'all have already asked TWU a similar question?
I’m sure it’s possible as a lot of people will be waiting to hear from tech, utmb, other schools, etc and could give up their spot!

Thank you so much!! Also, how was the interview like? I have one this Friday and extremely nervous :/

Thank you so much!! Also, how was the interview like? I have one this Friday and extremely nervous :/

It wasn't bad. The most nerve-wrecking part was probably the individual interview which lasts about 15 minutes. After that, it was fine. The group part is just them posing a topic and you discuss it as a group. And then you have the HSRT. I was nervous too but the current students who are around make everyone feel very comfortable.

So I emailed one of the faculty members about TWU becoming an accredited OTD program and she said “The program would not be accredited when it begins. You must graduate from an accredited program, not enter one. This is the case for all OTD programs that have Candidacy Status.” So after approval there’s still a possibility that the OTD program won’t be accredited by the time we graduate? I’m confused lol. Someone help me understand this.

Just got my email from UTHSCSA! I was waitlisted (although I’ve already accepted TWU, so it doesn’t really matter). So y’all probably have received emails, too!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the admissions status will be updated on TWU web advisor? Mine still says “awaiting department review”

So I emailed one of the faculty members about TWU becoming an accredited OTD program and she said “The program would not be accredited when it begins. You must graduate from an accredited program, not enter one. This is the case for all OTD programs that have Candidacy Status.” So after approval there’s still a possibility that the OTD program won’t be accredited by the time we graduate? I’m confused lol. Someone help me understand this.
This seems really confusing.. so would we be getting our doctorate of occupational therapy or no?

This seems really confusing.. so would we be getting our doctorate of occupational therapy or no?
I think their tentative visit date is in 2022/2023. I believe it says they’ll visit around the time when the first graduating class is about to finish. For the OTD program. But I could be wrong. Though a lot of Texas schools are in the same predicament as well.

Hey! for those of you accepted into TWU, if you go onto your TWU web advisor under admission status, does your "Academic Program" say OT.MOT or OT.PHD?

Mine says OT.PHD, but someone else I talked to said theirs says OT.MOT.

Hey! for those of you accepted into TWU, if you go onto your TWU web advisor under admission status, does your "Academic Program" say OT.MOT or OT.PHD?

Mine says OT.MOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine says OT.OTD

TWU folks - which award year did you complete the FAFSA for? 2019 - 2020 or 2020-2021

Mine says OT.OTD

TWU responded back about the issue saying “
This is reflecting the program you selected when you applied. Don’t worry, when we are able to make our recommendations to the graduate school (after the curriculum is approved and entered into our registrar system), I’ll change that to ensure you are admitted into the correct program.”

which is weird because I applied to the masters (hopefully turning into doctorate) program. Not their PhD program. But it should be fixed soon!!

I got off of the waitlist at TWU Dallas today! See you all in June! Guys, they seriously are moving through the waitlist every day, keep checking those e-mails and don't lose hope!

Reactions: 7 users
I received an email from Amber from TWU today confirming my place on the wait list. It's odd because today is Saturday and I had already received the TWU receipt from the Google form when I accepted my waitlist offer. Has this happened to anyone else on the waitlist?

I received an email from Amber from TWU today confirming my place on the wait list. It's odd because today is Saturday and I had already received the TWU receipt from the Google form when I accepted my waitlist offer. Has this happened to anyone else on the waitlist?
I received the email as well!!

I called Amber last week and she mentioned they had some issues sending that email to everyone on the same day that we were notified about the waitlist so she resent it. Looks like now everyone has received it. At least now we have the date of May 1st!

I called Amber last week and she mentioned they had some issues sending that email to everyone on the same day that we were notified about the waitlist so she resent it. Looks like now everyone has received it. At least now we have the date of May 1st!
Thanks so much! I was worried I hadn't been on the waitlist this whole time :(

Yes I did and I paid the tuition deposit! :) I'm soooo excited because I already live in SA so its perfect lol. Can't wait to meet you!!

I submitted my letter of intent on Thursday and I haven't received anything back. Did they send a reply on how to pay the deposit?

I also live in SA too so I'm very excited.

I submitted my letter of intent on Thursday and I haven't received anything back. Did they send a reply on how to pay the deposit?

I also live in SA too so I'm very excited.
hmmm that’s weird. Yes they messaged me back with instructions on how to pay the deposit immediately. Maybe by monday you’ll receive the email!