General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called and they are still waiting to hear from the higher education board to see if the OTD curriculum is approved, until then they have no additional information. They are hoping for next week now.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are just as frustrated, seriously every single person I’ve spoken with has been SUPER nice on the phone!

Reactions: 1 users
I’d like to see this as intense training in the divine art of patience. Even so, this is kind of pushing it xD

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called and they are still waiting to hear from the higher education board to see if the OTD curriculum is approved, until then they have no additional information. They are hoping for next week now.
I keep wondering how long they will wait before they decide to just send it out. I know it has to be frustrating to be waiting on curriculum approval as the last thing, but if it keeps getting pushed off, I am wondering if they will just decide to send out decisions and where that line might be.

We are trying to plan a wedding and not knowing if school plays a factor has made picking a date nearly impossible!

Reactions: 2 users
I keep wondering how long they will wait before they decide to just send it out. I know it has to be frustrating to be waiting on curriculum approval as the last thing, but if it keeps getting pushed off, I am wondering if they will just decide to send out decisions and where that line might be.
We are trying to plan a wedding and not knowing if school plays a factor has made picking a date nearly impossible!
I’m in the same boat as well! Congratulations to you! When we’re y’all thinking of having it?

Looks like the texas board of higher ed doesn't meet again until January 23. Maybe we won't know until then? It's all up in the air lol

Do they HAVE to wait until that piece gets approved or are they just choosing to wait?

I’m in the same boat as well! Congratulations to you! When we’re y’all thinking of having it?
We are thinking December, so we are trying to plan for the weekend after the semester will end (at the moment the plan is December 19). Congrats to you!! Have you guys set a date yet?

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid either from TWU? When I went for my tour last summer they had the listed date for the financial aid office to have all of your documents as January 15, but if we haven't heard about school, I'm not sure how we will meet that deadline. I am going to call tomorrow, but thought I would see if anyone else knew anything before calling!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve just filled out the fafsa for them, along with the other schools I applied to! Is there anything else we need to submit?

Reactions: 1 user
We are thinking December, so we are trying to plan for the weekend after the semester will end (at the moment the plan is December 19). Congrats to you!! Have you guys set a date yet?
We’ll probably end up doing our wedding at the beginning of January. Maybe later in the month. :) I thought about December, but wasn’t so sure. Since I don’t know if school will be a thing it’s hard to make a definite answer.

How many did twu interview at each campus? About twice the amount of the cohort? I know being waitlisted means I still have a good chance of getting in, but I’d be devastated if I didn’t. It’s my top school.

How many did twu interview at each campus? About twice the amount of the cohort? I know being waitlisted means I still have a good chance of getting in, but I’d be devastated if I didn’t. It’s my top school.
I think about 150 at each campus! And it’s also my top choice :(

There were around 24 people in each interview group at the Denton campus I believe and there were 4 interview times so that’s about 100 people so I believe they choose about half of that. I could be wrong though!

This wait is killing me o_O I hope we aren't waiting on the Texas Board of Higher Education to approve their curriculum. It might mean we won't hear back until after the 23rd...

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid either from TWU? When I went for my tour last summer they had the listed date for the financial aid office to have all of your documents as January 15, but if we haven't heard about school, I'm not sure how we will meet that deadline. I am going to call tomorrow, but thought I would see if anyone else knew anything before calling!

Let us know what you find out! :)

Starting to fill out the FAFSA now just in case...did y'all choose "start 2019-2020 FAFSA"? It suggested to do that since it will be starting in the beginning of June, but I'm not sure.

Starting to fill out the FAFSA now just in case...did y'all choose "start 2019-2020 FAFSA"? It suggested to do that since it will be starting in the beginning of June, but I'm not sure.
I filled it out for 2020-2021

I think Dallas had about 98 people if my math is correct and assuming the cohort stays where they are that seems like good odds to me! I think it is about double what they accept...I am with you, it is my top school by far...Also, yay January!!

I got waitlisted to TWU! Anyone else?
Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist??

Reactions: 2 users
I got an acceptance at Denton! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my email, I am on the waitlist for Dallas and Denton.

Got accepted to the Dallas campus! Congrats to everyone that got in. If you got waitlisted don't lose hope!!!

I got accepted into Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do they determine whether you are on one or two waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
From what I understand from my conversations with them, you can elect to be on the waitlist for your first choice or second choice campus or all of them I think? I may be misunderstood, but when we had our tour it sounded like how you mark your application is how they determine the campuses, but I also know you can call and ask to be on a different campus's waitlist. I could be completely wrong though!

From what I understand from my conversations with them, you can elect to be on the waitlist for your first choice or second choice campus or all of them I think? I may be misunderstood, but when we had our tour it sounded like how you mark your application is how they determine the campuses, but I also know you can call and ask to be on a different campus's waitlist. I could be completely wrong though!

that’s good tho, you have double the chances!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE! I'm waitlisted too. Here's to hoping! :xf:

To those who are waitlisted, I think the chances are decently high to come off of it. I asked the same question to one of the students who was touring and she said many will decline the acceptance as other schools send out emails. Don’t lose hope!

Waitlisted for TWU as well. So bummed. But fingers crossed for us waitlisters. Congrats everyone!

Waitlisted for TWU as well. So bummed. But fingers crossed for us waitlisters. Congrats everyone!

Hi I'm in the same boat, it's a bummer but looking at the forum for the incoming class last year people stated that acceptances from the waitlist were sent being sent daily as people were declining their spots. And since some schools haven't even interviewed yet or notified their applicants either, I think we can still have hope!!! Best of luck!

Congrats to all who got in, everyone waitlisted don't lose hope!! We've made it this far! Just curious if TWU sends out denials as well?

Do all applicants that do not get accepted to TWU have the waitlist option? Just curious how big the pool of wait listers could be.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I am also waitlisted for TWU Houston campus. I just accepted to be put on the list.
Do they send out declines or everyone is put on the waitlist?

Got accepted to the Dallas campus! Congrats to everyone that got in. If you got waitlisted don't lose hope!!!

Did they say anything if it was going to start as a doctoral program?

Did they say anything if it was going to start as a doctoral program?

The email said they’re awaiting final approval still but it should be entry level OTD

Accepted to the Houston Campus! I can't wait to meet all of you who are joining me in June!

Also, yes, they told us that everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist by default and will continue to be there if they aren't accepted yet; one student told me that most of her friends came from the waitlist so don't give up you guys!