Money and Investment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, did I kill this thread? Sure hope not. After further consideration, I have invested in IIP, GNA, and EZM. I am considering two more: CMCSA and YHOO (Comcast and Yahoo)...any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

OK all, I'll give it one more shot. My (albeit novice) analysis:

AAPL: I think that Apple will only go up from here and have used this dip in stock price to get in on the action. From my limited understanding of TA, the stock seems to be in a good place.

EZM: Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. As you guys have already mentioned, nice looking stock in a hot field.

GNA: Again, nice stock in a hot field. Only potential downside is that the stochastic indicator doesn't seem to be ideal.

IIP: Riskier play. Perhaps this is folly on my part, but (for me) the fundamentals outweigh the technicals on this (the technicals don't seem terrible, but there is definitely the possbility that this stock will have trouble going much higher...again, somewhat risky...).

Well, we'll see how things go. Any advice/input you guys have would certainly be appreciated. Also, thanks for all of your informative posts to date (although I did not use them as investment tips, due to limited capital at the time, they did teach me a lot). FInally, a couple of prospects to perhaps keep in mind (if I had more capital, I probably would have invested in at least one of these): ARTG, DYN

PS. If you guys have moved this discussion to the private forum, please just let me know such that I can stop posting in this thread.

All the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone is either on vacation or getting their ass kicked on the floors. Unfortunately i fall in the latter group.
Couldn't help but notice today that ford (F) has brocken support recently and is at below $7 ! How low can this stock possibly go :eek: . I know its not smart to try and guess the bottom, but good lord. Might be tempted to build some some position.

ps, one of my cardiology attendings was mentioning he was part of a trial for some new lipid loewring agent that is going to make statins obsolete. It was called something like "torseptipid" and is known to double HDL levels. Any of you guys heard of it? i think he said it was made by pfizer

Figure i'll end up playing around in the stock market a little :) . Any interesting plays in mind hockey?

-Sand

according to the "Money Man" guy Nektar is supposed to be the next big thing. It will be mking inhalable insulin for type 1 and 2.

Any thoughts. He says buy now and hold for a month.

LVLT (level 3 communications inc) should make for a nice play. Strong volume overall and recent big run up on huge volume. It drifted down somewhat on decreased volume, but working its way to another leg up.
Will probably pick some up Monday, making for my first purchase in quite a while- man r the floors kicking my ass! (Currently Q3 and have capped on admissions last 3 times on call- I give the word "black cloud" a whole new definition :D )

-Sand

ps, GPIC currently showing nice entry point. Currently resting on strong support.

TheSandMan said:
I think everyone is either on vacation or getting their ass kicked on the floors. Unfortunately i fall in the latter group.
Couldn't help but notice today that ford (F) has brocken support recently and is at below $7 ! How low can this stock possibly go :eek: . I know its not smart to try and guess the bottom, but good lord. Might be tempted to build some some position.

ps, one of my cardiology attendings was mentioning he was part of a trial for some new lipid loewring agent that is going to make statins obsolete. It was called something like "torseptipid" and is known to double HDL levels. Any of you guys heard of it? i think he said it was made by pfizer

Found out the name of that drug "Torcetrapib". Found an assoc. press article on it
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/EMIHC254/333/7228/379788.html

Looking through pub-med, seems this drug is extremely promising. Won't be out for a few years, but If successful should pfizer a huge boost. Plan to start building up a position in pfizer by buying on the dips for the long term.

As far as ford goes, think I was just tired that night. If you r looking at the very long term horizan, this stock will definitely be strong again, but thats not going to happen anytime soon. I think optimistically it will take atleast a 6mths to year given current resistance. But the longer this stock stays down, the more powerful an upmove its going to make, so plan on keeping it on my radar and hope it stays weak for a while.

Made a nice profit on TIE, thanks for the tip.

Gentelmen sorry for the lay-off. Have been finishing up med-school EKG classes and the like, trying to wrap up my research presenting the poster a few times editing the paper you know the drill and lastly hanging out with my kid before I start internship and don't see her for days at a time. Also I have been hanging with this guy that trades futures, nasdaq mini's, and good gawd thats where the juice is at - very scary stuff though not for amatuers or people with out a ton of cash reserves. I literally watched this guy make 75K in one trading day. I nearly $hit myself. Any way as far as an update on what plays I am in - not too much has changed.

First the bad...

Sold NKBS at 2.05, bought it at 2.00 a few dollars left over after commisions :mad:

Then the good...

Still have CMG is looking really good hopefully a few of you bought the IPO and still have it.

Next EZM looking good this whole sector is out-of-control - this has been a great year and I am up well over a couple hundred percent (primarly AVNX but a few other really great ones) but really underestimated the bullishness of metals. Should have listened to ventil8 on this one... Oh well the emeny of good right.

Re-shorted BZH at 58.50 - locked in a good profit previously and re-shorted with it all. This baby is entering a nice steady downtrend...

Still short FFH too not much exciting here though.....yet

So thats it as we enter the summer there is always less action in the market. I will probably be concentrating on the old day job come June 23rd and just check on these positions nightly. Hopefully you have all made a few bucks along with me its been a killer year. I took a part of the LNUX trade profit and me and the family are hitting it up 5-star all inclusive resort style after graduation to celebrate. AVNX will pay off the ole student loans and the rest will have to wait for the tax man and the next great play. Desperado never came back though. Too bad maybe he could have regurgitated some more of his stock market expertise from reading all those fancy books or regailed us with some more of his great quotes. I guess TA isn't that bad after all... I 'll continue to post moves and respond to IMs but summer is hibernation time for mother market so enjoy the weather!

MC

Hockeyguy said:
Gentelmen sorry for the lay-off. Have been finishing up med-school EKG classes and the like, trying to wrap up my research presenting the poster a few times editing the paper you know the drill and lastly hanging out with my kid before I start internship and don't see her for days at a time. Also I have been hanging with this guy that trades futures, nasdaq mini's, and good gawd thats where the juice is at - very scary stuff though not for amatuers or people with out a ton of cash reserves. I literally watched this guy make 75K in one trading day. I nearly $hit myself. Any way as far as an update on what plays I am in - not too much has changed.

First the bad...

Sold NKBS at 2.05, bought it at 2.00 a few dollars left over after commisions :mad:

Then the good...

Still have CMG is looking really good hopefully a few of you bought the IPO and still have it.

Next EZM looking good this whole sector is out-of-control - this has been a great year and I am up well over a couple hundred percent (primarly AVNX but a few other really great ones) but really underestimated the bullishness of metals. Should have listened to ventil8 on this one... Oh well the emeny of good right.

Re-shorted BZH at 58.50 - locked in a good profit previously and re-shorted with it all. This baby is entering a nice steady downtrend...

Still short FFH too not much exciting here though.....yet

So thats it as we enter the summer there is always less action in the market. I will probably be concentrating on the old day job come June 23rd and just check on these positions nightly. Hopefully you have all made a few bucks along with me its been a killer year. I took a part of the LNUX trade profit and me and the family are hitting it up 5-star all inclusive resort style after graduation to celebrate. AVNX will pay off the ole student loans and the rest will have to wait for the tax man and the next great play. Desperado never came back though. Too bad maybe he could have regurgitated some more of his stock market expertise from reading all those fancy books or regailed us with some more of his great quotes. I guess TA isn't that bad after all... I 'll continue to post moves and respond to IMs but summer is hibernation time for mother market so enjoy the weather!

MC

I am not sure who posted EZM a while back, but I picked up a bunch at 2.20 after TA and DD. Nice find, its continues to soar, earnings tomorrow so it should be interesting. If it was you hockeyguy, thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
The best thing is that virtually no one beats publicly traded markets in the long run. There are perhaps a dozen people on earth who have beaten publicly traded markets over the span of a few decades. Unless you have inside information or find arbitrage somewhere, you're most likely not going to beat the market.

If anesthesiologists were any good at picking stocks, they wouldn't have to be anesthesiologists for very long.

For anyone still in TIE, I took half my position off the table. I think it will retrace a bit after the split (see Dec 05). Fundies are mighty strong and will support a stock price of at least $70, I think it will retrace into the 30's post split.

And to MDUB, most people are average... that's why its average. I hope you enjoy your 7% per year!

EZM, NXG, AUY, SU, CUP all good plays, IMHO

A is A

Sirs,
it might be wise to have some of your investments on foreign turf.
The dollar is hanging by a thread, and the current trend of the major countries is to pull
away from the dollar as much as possible.

Russia:
http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Money/060510.Putin.gas.html

Asia dumping:
http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Money/060509.Asia.dump.USD.html

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Money/060509.USD.collapse.html

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Global/060507.eco.collapse.war.html

Now, if that doesn't straighten your back this will certainly give you the willies:

re. China and America

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-8-8/31055.html

It is worth reading because it is believed to set out the CCP’s strategy for the development of China. The speech argues for the necessity of China using biological warfare to depopulate the United States and prepare it for a future massive Chinese colonization.

Stock picks:

NHY (5:1 split this month)
RTP Brittish Mining / Metals
PEIX Calif based Ethanol Company
SWZ Swiss closed ended fund

Keep an eye on the big picture
Foil

Ventil8 said:
And to MDUB, most people are average... that's why its average. I hope you enjoy your 7% per year!

No, not just "most." Virually ALL people are unable to beat long term returns in public markets. When I say "virtually all" I am including professionals. Indeed, I will happily exclude amateurs from my statement and revise it to say that virtually all professionals are entirely unable to beat long term average returns in public markets. There exist essentially no humans on this planet who beat public markets in the long run.

Take mutual fund managers as an example. Even if we completely discount the performance hit created by fees, mutual funds almost never beat the market over the long run. Anyone can have a few good years here and there. That's not impressive in the least. And those are professionals who are being mediocre. Things like indexes and spiders arose precisely because people realized that beating the market almost always -- even among professionals -- fails.

I don't particularly care what individuals BS'ing at work say about their "spectacular returns." People lie. So, please, don't tell me about the returns your uncle got that one time back in 1996. I don't care. Essentially all the reliable publicly verifiable evidence indicates that beating the market in the long run is almost impossibly difficult. That's a large part of the reason people with sufficient means -- e.g. "qualified investors" -- often look to private or at least less public markets for greater returns. The market isn't entirely efficient, particularly in the short run, but in the long run it's incredibly efficient.

Ventil8 said:
And I was a hedge fund trader for a while... before persuing anesthesiology.

And if you were a consistent market beater, you wouldn't be an anesthesiologist at all. You'd be phenomenally wealthy and would have even the remotest need to work a day job working the gas. It's not exactly something people do as a hobby.

mdub said:
And if you were a consistent market beater, you wouldn't be an anesthesiologist at all. You'd be phenomenally wealthy and would have even the remotest need to work a day job working the gas. It's not exactly something people do as a hobby.

You're more or less right.... I don't know why I'm going into Anes. I worked for the Hedge right out of college and didn't like the lack of morality, absurd intensity, and the fact that my hard work basically didn't benefit me. So I went to med school.

Regarding your other assertions, you're not correct. The 54 clients we served gave us just over 2 billion to manage. For the 16 years the company has been in existence it has never returned a yield less than 5.6% after fees and averaged 11.7% over the 16 years its been in existence. The fees are 1% per year and 20% of the profits. I would love to have a prospectus sent to you, but I doubt you'd have the 10M minimum to invest. And, as we all should know, hedges cannot publicly advertise since they have been deemed "too risky and anti-american".

Go take your averageness back to the spiders and triple Q's.

PS: out of TIE at 92.00 this morning, look for retracement.

Ventil8 said:
You're more or less right.... I don't know why I'm going into Anes. I worked for the Hedge right out of college and didn't like the lack of morality, absurd intensity, and the fact that my hard work basically didn't benefit me. So I went to med school.

Regarding your other assertions, you're not correct. The 54 clients we served gave us just over 2 billion to manage. For the 16 years the company has been in existence it has never returned a yield less than 5.6% after fees and averaged 11.7% over the 16 years its been in existence. The fees are 1% per year and 20% of the profits. I would love to have a prospectus sent to you, but I doubt you'd have the 10M minimum to invest. And, as we all should know, hedges cannot publicly advertise since they have been deemed "too risky and anti-american".

Go take your averageness back to the spiders and triple Q's.

PS: out of TIE at 92.00 this morning, look for retracement.

I read his post Vent8 and I just have to shake my head again. I showed it to the guy that taught me about trading - he must be one of the 12 people douche-bag is referring to because he turned 25K into about 12 million - all he said is "you don't have to justify your success to anyone". So I won't. We will never change a programed poor persons mind. I think Mr Buffet and the couple hundrend thousand investors in Berkshire Hathway have done pretty good against the averages over the last 20 or so years - but hey they must not count in your 12, at least not in whatever airport investment book you read.

But seriously a great parallel of "you'll never beat the market" mindset is that scene in the movie "Million Dollar Baby" when Hillary Swanks character buys her poor mama a house and she doesn't want it because she has a poor persons victims mentality - "there gonna take away my welfare!" she shrieks as she runs back to her trailer. The poor person is limited by fear and programming - like our friend the dentist he believes whatever he is told. Its too hard for him therefore no-one can do it and if they do they cheat because no way is anyone smarter than him. I know at least a dozen people that don't consitently beat the market they crush it. It's not that hard, they just know how, you obviously don't.

Anyway go back and read this guys posts he is obessed with salary etc. That in combination with the fact he claims we wouldn't work if we beat the market only leads me to the conclusion he hates his choosen field dentistry. I don't blame you man - terrible career choice IMHO. But go f' yourself if you think we would quit because we wouldn't need the money - I wouldn't. I love my career and am proud to be a newly minted doc - sorry you don't.

But seriously Ventl8 I don't know what else we can do? All we have done is posted a few dozen or so insanely profitable trades in real time. I guess were just lucky though. Its like we've offered the keys to the house. A few have accepted and begun to build and move forward, I'm talking to you Sand. Others have said TAKE IT BACK! I don't want it I'm happy with my trailer. And thats fine some people can't handle being anything but average.

Ventil8 said:
And, as we all should know, hedges cannot publicly advertise since they have been deemed "too risky and anti-american".

And I'll bet a significant amount of the money was not made in publicly traded markets, which is precisely my point. My father is a managing director at UBS, and I've grown up around those sorts of people my whole life. Virtually no one (meaning clients) makes long-term, market-beating money in stock picking. The real money comes from things like discovering arbitrage, private equity deals, and stuff like that. But it doesn't come from stock picking.

Hockeyguy said:
all he said is "you don't have to justify your success to anyone". So I won't.

Of course you don't have to.

We will never change a programed poor persons mind.

I'm not exactly "programed poor [sic]." My family always did pretty well (over seven-figures in income per year). And I have started my own successful business (over six-figures in income/year). Don't confuse criticism of one thing as a general failure.

I think Mr Buffet and the couple hundrend thousand investors in Berkshire Hathway have done pretty good against the averages over the last 20 or so years - but hey they must not count in your 12, at least not in whatever airport investment book you read.

You're right. Buffet can pick the stocks. He's one of the few. However, Buffet also participates and has participated in lots of non-publicly traded stuff. Remember what I confined my criticism to.

I know at least a dozen people that don't consitently beat the market they crush it. It's not that hard, they just know how, you obviously don't.

The funny thing is, those people never seem to have verifiable claims.

Anyway go back and read this guys posts he is obessed with salary etc.

You obviously didn't read enough. If you had, you'd realize that I'm not a dentist and I'm not in dental school.

Ventil8 said:
For the 16 years the company has been in existence it has never returned a yield less than 5.6% after fees and averaged 11.7% over the 16 years its been in existence.

P.S. That almost proves my point. 11.7% beats the avg. by, what, about 1.2%?. And that would include non-publicly traded aspects of the fund.

Jesus if your not in dental school and you own a such a great buisness why are you on this web-site? I'm not going to argue with you man I have nothing to sell you I just feel bad you buy into these myths. Just remember I read all the same economics and investment books you did. So if you own a buisness what is it? Why are you here? I love all the anonymus people that come on here making ridiculous claims -"oh I just come on to anesth web-site post some stuff for the hell of it but I am really a millionaire real-estate developer". Ya in my spare time I hit the pre-law chatrooms just to mix it up a little. All me and Vent8 have done is provide real time trades that have crushed the market. What have you done? Your probably some pre-med who couldn't get into dental or med school who thinks he knows it all- thats cool most of us have been there. But you have no credibility hiding behind anonymous moniker guy - good luck to you and the QQQQ's!

Mario J Carmosino
University of Colorado School of Medicine 2006
Washington University St Louis Anesthesiology 2010

Back to business...

Anyone looking at tar sands as oil plays?

I've been watching SU for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. With the late week selling and possible more into Tuesday-Wed. prices might be good for an entry point. Not necessarily a TRADE, but an investment. Also looking at ALJ since there is refinery capacity available out west, unlike the rest of the country.

Any thoughts?

Hockeyguy said:
Jesus if your not in dental school and you own a such a great buisness why are you on this web-site?

I was considering medical and dental school a while ago. (It might still be in my future.) Notice that I've been signed up for about 2 years. And the people here are interesting to talk to.

So if you own a buisness what is it?

Call center optimization consulting.

Ya in my spare time I hit the pre-law chatrooms just to mix it up a little.

The best one is here. It's "The most prestigious law school discussion board in the world."

Your probably some pre-med who couldn't get into dental or med school who thinks he knows it all- thats cool most of us have been there.

Wrong, but nice try. And don't flatter yourselves with the "couldn't get in" stuff. Just about anyone with a strong work ethic and a 120+ IQ can get into at least one of medical or dental school.

mdub said:
I was considering medical and dental school a while ago. (It might still be in my future.) Notice that I've been signed up for about 2 years. And the people here are interesting to talk to.

Call center optimization consulting.

The best one is here. It's "The most prestigious law school discussion board in the world."

Wrong, but nice try. And don't flatter yourselves with the "couldn't get in" stuff. Just about anyone with a strong work ethic and a 120+ IQ can get into at least one of medical or dental school.

Why are you here? No one cares what you have to say.
Plenty of good forums out there for investing in index funds. No need to troll this one. Please go away

So you're here to prove that none of us have made money in the market? That's gonna be hard to do.

I suggest you find something better to do with your time, you're making yourself look like an ass.

turkish said:
So you're here to prove that none of us have made money in the market? That's gonna be hard to do.

No. Even idiots make money in the market if they play long enough. They make about 10% to 11% in the long run. My claim is that there are incredibly few people, including professionals on Wall Street, who beat that return in the long run through stock picking in publicly traded markets. (That means I'm not talking about arbitrage; I'm not talking about private equity; I'm not talking about anything other than publicly traded markets.)

mdub said:
No. Even idiots make money in the market if they play long enough. They make about 10% to 11% in the long run. My claim is that there are incredibly few people, including professionals on Wall Street, who beat that return in the long run through stock picking in publicly traded markets. (That means I'm not talking about arbitrage; I'm not talking about private equity; I'm not talking about anything other than publicly traded markets.)

****yawn***

You're talking about investors. Long term buying and holding of a commodity. A disciplined approach of say 10-15% on a trade, then out, with protective sell stops adjusted along the way makes things a bit easier.

You put your money where you want to, I'll do the same with mine.

Here are a couple examples of Mario's recent picks:

If you had bought EZM at 2.35 in mid April when he did, you could have sold yesterday for a gain of about 22%. There would be no reason to do that, because it is still in an uptrend, but if you were going to be strict to your methods, that is 20% in about 4 weeks.

If you had bought BEBE at 18.70 in early April when he suggested it, you would have been stopped out automatically around 17.90 (at the 50 day EMA, a common place to set a stop-loss), for a loss of around 5%. Small and manageable, no wishing and hoping it will come back up. If you had held after that, you would now be down about 11-12%. You can see the wisdom in our methodology. We are not blindly choosing stocks and hoping they go up, we are using methods to increase upside potential and limit (NOT eliminate) downside risk.

Oh, and I don't suppose you could come up with a source for the statements that "any idiot can make money in stocks if they play long enough" and "most average around 11%", could you?

Here is a really weird story. AOOR owns 129M shares of it's subsidiary, Earth Biofuels (EBOF). EBOF is biodiesel/ethanol play. Heres the rub AOOR's ownership of EBOF stock is worth $783,000,000 as I figure it. AOOR is worth $5.02 as of the closing bell today, based solely on it's holdings in EBOF. The CEO of AOOR is also the CEO of EBOF. AOOR is worth $5, trading at $1 or did I miss something? Anyway even though I thought I was pretty much done for the summer I may snatch up a 20-25K will see how it acts tommorow. Not a typical TA play but someone ran this by me over drinks last night we both checked our numbers and had a thrid trader we know look at this afternoon it looks like thats is the story - either way they aren't buying any (both do this for a living) in the interest of full disclosure but I might with a ten percent stop loss or so... I will post if I buy it in am.

MC

Hey guys check out qee, its a gold play. TA looks good. Stock is trading at .48 on Amex, good entry point would be mid 30s low 40s if it breaks its current support level of 46/47. Only jump into this one if you believe gold will continue to rise.

Thanks again for ezm hockeyguy. Bagged and tagged for a cool 25%. Screwed my exit, could have made more but its all good

cheers
floored

Hockeyguy said:
Here is a really weird story. AOOR owns 129M shares of it's subsidiary, Earth Biofuels (EBOF). EBOF is biodiesel/ethanol play. Heres the rub AOOR's ownership of EBOF stock is worth $783,000,000 as I figure it. AOOR is worth $5.02 as of the closing bell today, based solely on it's holdings in EBOF. The CEO of AOOR is also the CEO of EBOF. AOOR is worth $5, trading at $1 or did I miss something? Anyway even though I thought I was pretty much done for the summer I may snatch up a 20-25K will see how it acts tommorow. Not a typical TA play but someone ran this by me over drinks last night we both checked our numbers and had a thrid trader we know look at this afternoon it looks like thats is the story - either way they aren't buying any (both do this for a living) in the interest of full disclosure but I might with a ten percent stop loss or so... I will post if I buy it in am.

MC

Thanks hockey, looked promising so I investigated a little and found the following:

http://pctune.com/EBOF/ebo.htm

Companies on the BB do not have to have ANY earnings to be valued at billions of dollars. After all it is only on paper and companies share prices rise and fall on public whim and fancy.

The company does have pontential, being in a hot sector. Unfortunately when you consider the pictures found in the links and with a current market cap of 962Million!?! Id say stay away unless you just plan on playing the technicals

JMHO

floored

floored said:
Thanks hockey, looked promising so I investigated a little and found the following:

http://pctune.com/EBOF/ebo.htm

Companies on the BB do not have to have ANY earnings to be valued at billions of dollars. After all it is only on paper and companies share prices rise and fall on public whim and fancy.

The company does have pontential, being in a hot sector. Unfortunately when you consider the pictures found in the links and with a current market cap of 962Million!?! Id say stay away unless you just plan on playing the technicals

JMHO

floored
I did see that - weird deal though, regardless of whatever shenanigans are clearly going on here its interesting that they own so much AOOR owns so much of their stock but your right EBOF is prob going to tank soon and then the value will be back at a buck. Its just weird I haven't seen that much disconect in a while between value and price. On an unrelated note a guy I play hockey with shorted ESCL at 25 bucks, what a great trade now its at 4$, talk about shady read about it here http://www.stocklemon.com/01_04_06.html great website for short ideas.

MC

Hockeyguy said:
I did see that - weird deal though, regardless of whatever shenanigans are clearly going on here its interesting that they own so much AOOR owns so much of their stock but your right EBOF is prob going to tank soon and then the value will be back at a buck. Its just weird I haven't seen that much disconect in a while between value and price. On an unrelated note a guy I play hockey with shorted ESCL at 25 bucks, what a great trade now its at 4$, talk about shady read about it here http://www.stocklemon.com/01_04_06.html great website for short ideas.

MC

Buy any AOOR?

miamidc said:
Buy any AOOR?
Nah, all my money is tied up in those 4 postions I listed: Long EZM CMG Short BZH FFH - there all good positions that are continuing to add value everyday especially BZH short a-cha-ching! I would have had to sell one of them them to buy it. It is still intriguing to me though and is holding up in wave of seeling...That plus I was riduculed for three hours golfing with my investment friends monady morning during every back swing I got "APOLLO!" Anyway did you see today on the open the Nasdaq is now negative for the year (close on 2/3/06 2243)! Another victory for the indexers - your in the hole congratulations - oh wait must be a buying oppurtunity I forgot. I'll take the several hundred percent return of these "idiot" stockpickers anytime. Who was it that IM'ed me about their shorting BDCO was it Turkish - good call. Also how about Ventl8 NAILING the sell on TIE - perfect call man I would like to talk you about your hedge fund days sometime.

MC

If you want to play this correction you could buy RYVNX it does 2X's the opposite of the Nasdaq 100. In other words if the nasdaq drops 1% this rises 2% they do it using futures. If you do index should at least buy its cousin UOPIX which tracks 2X if Nasdaq goes up 1% it goes up 2% - if your going to index at least buy this so you "beat the averages" over time by say oh I don't know - double! Wait thats impossible right?
MC

Hmmm....got a decent pop on ELN....not sure if I should take the gain and be done or let it ride awhile.

logos said:
Hmmm....got a decent pop on ELN....not sure if I should take the gain and be done or let it ride awhile.
Dude it looks really solid 3 up days (before today) on huge volume - I would hold looks solid!

Stopped out at 2.09 - damn that baby is turning into a house of pain. As the old saying goes "sell in may and go away" has never been more true than this year eh! Still holding my three positions short BZH, FFH and long CMG. But other than that I out! MC

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05093009.htm

Also:
Q: In 1939 you bought $100 worth of every New York Stock Exchange
listed stock that was trading under $1 per share. There were 104 names,
and 37 were already in bankruptcy. Why did you do it?

John Templeton: I was sitting in my office at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Manhattan when
the news came out that Hitler had invaded Poland. It was obvious within
a few days that it was going to lead to the Second World War. During
war, everything that was in surplus, and therefore unprofitable,
becomes scarce and profitable. Three years later I had a profit on 100
out of the 104.

http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/Sir-John-Templeton-interview.html

We are in the midst of a serious correction - thats cool since we have two shorts BZH (which has declined 12%in the last 5 tradidng sessions!). FFH our other short isn't acting as poorly but is still going down. CMG is hanging in but this a long term investment and I own it so cheaply I can stand to weather this correction. If you don't own it very cheaply you may want to consider selling. It is getting VERY ugly technically speaking volume picking up and many more declining issues than advancing. Be careful and if you still own EZM you may want to reconsider. I took a 10% bath on that and I'm cool withthat because I think it will go much much lower. Good luck and heres to hoping BZH cracks into the 30's soon!

Mario

Sell in May and go AWAY!

By doing this, the US is hoping to prevent a sudden collapse of the dollar and the subsequent unwinding of the US and world economies in a fiscal disaster so profound that it will eclipse the Great Depression.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=5349

:eek: :eek: :eek:

foil

foil said:
By doing this, the US is hoping to prevent a sudden collapse of the dollar and the subsequent unwinding of the US and world economies in a fiscal disaster so profound that it will eclipse the Great Depression.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=5349

:eek: :eek: :eek:

foil

Well thats why they are raising rates to keep ahead of inflation and strengthen currency. There will definatley be another hike and probably two more. Thats Ok short the market and when the economic numbers turn-around the Fed can start easing again and we can buy up a big chunk of stocks and ride the next wave up. Be careful about your source bro- that article has some truth but its really over the top plus did you read the bottom..... "It takes courage to face a situation like this without flinching. For us, the really courageous people are the people like YOU who have come forward about their visitor experiences. At unknowncountry.com, we look at all the information that’s available to us every day and sift out the TRUTH. Where else will you find insight like this? Not on Fox News or CNN. Why can we do it? We're not part of the mainstream, because the only boss we have is you. KEEP us independent: subscribe today." Come on man I hope you don't believe in that stuff.

Took it with a grain (large) of salt.
I stand corrected

Will do better research next time.

foil :thumbup: