Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long after being verified did you guys get invited to make an account?

Members don't see this ad.

The waiting game is killing me...I had set up an account a week and a half ago, they had my GRE scores but never uploaded them to my file, so now just checking the interview tab on a daily basis! Curious to know if I should be expecting a confirmation email that my application is complete despite receiving the email to set up the account 1.5 weeks ago? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
The waiting game is killing me...I had set up an account a week and a half ago, they had my GRE scores but never uploaded them to my file, so now just checking the interview tab on a daily basis! Curious to know if I should be expecting a confirmation email that my application is complete despite receiving the email to set up the account 1.5 weeks ago? Any thoughts?

Yes! A few days after the email to set up my portal, I received another confirming my application was complete.

Reactions: 1 users
For me it was the next day I believe.
Ok, hopefully I'll hear back soon. I was only verified yesterday so I will have to be patient.

Does everyone get to make an account or just people they plan on interviewing?

Ok, hopefully I'll hear back soon. I was only verified yesterday so I will have to be patient.

Does everyone get to make an account or just people they plan on interviewing?

Everyone gets to make an account

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting is also killing me! It seems like people have gotten them a week or so later. But if they're on the fence, maybe it will be more than a week. Agh!

Mine took 2 weeks start to finish. I submitted on 8/15 and got an email saying my application was complete on 8/23, then had an interview offer yesterday.

Waiting is also killing me! It seems like people have gotten them a week or so later. But if they're on the fence, maybe it will be more than a week. Agh!

I think it is more like 2 weeks. My app was verified on 8/26 and I received an application completion email from MWU on 8/27. I know it is hard not to stress about it! I'm just trying to be patient for another week or two. ;)

Still haven't gotten an email to set up an account. I wish I could be more patient but this is killing me, and it's only been a week! :nailbiting:

As an FYI - if you haven't received anything but have submitted your application and materials, double check with MW.
My application was complete for about a week and a half but I never received a confirmation email so I called and in fact my app is being reviewed! So I only received an email to set my app up online.....just stay on top of everything :)

As an FYI - if you haven't received anything but have submitted your application and materials, double check with MW.
My application was complete for about a week and a half but I never received a confirmation email so I called and in fact my app is being reviewed! So I only received an email to set my app up online.....just stay on top of everything :)
Hmmmm I just called and they told me that it takes them 4-6 weeks to receive the application after it's submitted (I thought it became available to them instantly once it was verified???)...They also kept transferring me when I tried to confirm my GRE scores were received and ended up leaving a voicemail for someone. It was kind of a weird phone experience. :shrug:

Does the CVM have its own phone number? I could only find one for MWU in general so maybe I called the wrong one? Because they kind of seemed confused too but maybe they were just really busy.

Does the CVM have its own phone number? I could only find one for MWU in general so maybe I called the wrong one? Because they kind of seemed confused too but maybe they were just really busy.
Here's the correct number for them: (888) 247-9277

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmmm I just called and they told me that it takes them 4-6 weeks to receive the application after it's submitted (I thought it became available to them instantly once it was verified???)...They also kept transferring me when I tried to confirm my GRE scores were received and ended up leaving a voicemail for someone. It was kind of a weird phone experience. :shrug:
Do you see that your GRE scores are missing when you log into the midwestern portal?

Do you see that your GRE scores are missing when you log into the midwestern portal?
I haven't even been sent an email to setup a portal...:( That's why I called to see if they had all my materials and saw that I submitted my VMCAS app. That's when they said they wont get it for 4-6 weeks, which doesn't add up to me since most of you guys got your portal email within a few days at most.

I haven't even been sent an email to setup a portal...:( That's why I called to see if they had all my materials and saw that I submitted my VMCAS app. That's when they said they wont get it for 4-6 weeks, which doesn't add up to me since most of you guys got your portal email within a few days at most.
Yes thats quite bizarre. Was the number above what you called?

Yes thats quite bizarre. Was the number above what you called?
Well, I tried that number and the woman said the same thing, that it takes 4-6 weeks before they would receive my application, then I was transferred to someone else to see if they have my GRE scores and again It went to voicemail, so I didn't leave another message.

So I am currently retaking a course, and for Midwestern, this course is not a prerequisite/requirement. I am hoping to have the course done soon, but it may not be until after Sept. 15th. That is fine by all of the schools. My question is, how are my chances if the course is not completed yet, even though it is not required by Midwestern?

So I am currently retaking a course, and for Midwestern, this course is not a prerequisite/requirement. I am hoping to have the course done soon, but it may not be until after Sept. 15th. That is fine by all of the schools. My question is, how are my chances if the course is not completed yet, even though it is not required by Midwestern?

What class are you taking?

If it's not a prerequisite, I seriously doubt it will diminish your chances at all. I am still finishing up some pre-reqs this fall. You will just send your transcripts with your updated grades to each school at the end of the semester Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.

I called today and was told my app was being reviewed also!

What class are you taking?

If it's not a prerequisite, I seriously doubt it will diminish your chances at all. I am still finishing up some pre-reqs this fall. You will just send your transcripts with your updated grades to each school at the end of the semester Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.

I am currently retaking Biochem, (which isn't a prerequisite for Midwestern) but is for all of the others. So I was just seeing since it isn't for them maybe they wouldn't care?

I called today and was told my app was being reviewed also!
When did you submit yours? I don't get why they were telling me 4-6 weeks before they'd even see it. I feel like I wasn't talking to the right people or something haha (only going a little crazy over here :bang:).

The director from VMCAS sent an email with the info below this morning and I underlined the info in number 2 for you. Maybe you did speak to the wrong dept at MWU? Have you tried emailing someone from the CVM department?

VMCAS info from email:

Regarding transcripts and submitting your VMCAS application, I've been made aware of a number misunderstandings about submitting. I hope this will clear up some of these:

1. Your transcripts will not be put into verification without a submitted application! You must submit your application for your application to be placed into verification.
  2. Schools have access to your entire application once you submit your application. This includes transcripts. However, your application must be in any of the following statuses in order for schools to have access to your data: RECEIVED, COMPLETED, VERIFIED, UNDELIVERED.
  3. If your application has a status of IN PROGRESS, schools do NOT have access to any data except your contact information.

The director from VMCAS sent an email with the info below this morning and I underlined the info in number 2 for you. Maybe you did speak to the wrong dept at MWU? Have you tried emailing someone from the CVM department?

VMCAS info from email:

Regarding transcripts and submitting your VMCAS application, I've been made aware of a number misunderstandings about submitting. I hope this will clear up some of these:

1. Your transcripts will not be put into verification without a submitted application! You must submit your application for your application to be placed into verification.
  2. Schools have access to your entire application once you submit your application. This includes transcripts. However, your application must be in any of the following statuses in order for schools to have access to your data: RECEIVED, COMPLETED, VERIFIED, UNDELIVERED.
  3. If your application has a status of IN PROGRESS, schools do NOT have access to any data except your contact information.
Yeah I just saw this email too. My application was submitted 8/31 and verified 9/2 so everything should be all set.

I'm not sure who to contact is the problem. There doesn't seem to be a specific admissions contact for the CVM, just for Midwestern general admissions. When I talk to them they seem kind of confused and just super busy. I might try to email instead but not sure if that'll be any different.

Anyone who's been sent an email to set up an account for MWU mind sharing the email address it came from?

I am currently retaking Biochem, (which isn't a prerequisite for Midwestern) but is for all of the others. So I was just seeing since it isn't for them maybe they wouldn't care?

You should still be good. I'm not taking Biochem until the spring semester if it makes you feel any better lol! As long as you showed your "In-progress" classes on your application, it shouldn't be an issue depending on which schools you applied to. I applied to Mizzou as well and you are not allowed to have more than 2 "pending" pre-requisites to take in the Spring 2017 semester. (With the other schools I applied to, prerequisites did not have that requirement.)

When did you submit yours? I don't get why they were telling me 4-6 weeks before they'd even see it. I feel like I wasn't talking to the right people or something haha (only going a little crazy over here :bang:).

I submitted it a week ago, going on the second.

I had my interview yesterday and I have to say, Midwestern REALLY impressed me with their facilities. The tech they have is amazing, and they have so many opportunities even in your first year to start working with animals and to gain skills. The interview was pretty relaxed, not as relaxed as everyone says in my opinion but maybe its just because I got nervous and stumbled a little bit over a few questions. But overall, a nice day with very nice people.

Reactions: 4 users
I had my interview yesterday and I have to say, Midwestern REALLY impressed me with their facilities. The tech they have is amazing, and they have so many opportunities even in your first year to start working with animals and to gain skills. The interview was pretty relaxed, not as relaxed as everyone says in my opinion but maybe its just because I got nervous and stumbled a little bit over a few questions. But overall, a nice day with very nice people.

Hi everyone! I just made an account for SDN after lurking around for a while. My interview for Midwestern is on Sept 21st and I'm pretty nervous. Sglazer, do you remember what questions they asked you? If so, do you mind sharing? On all the other forums from previous years, everyone said the interview was really conversational so I was hoping to rely on that, but now I'm a little worried haha!

Hi everyone! I just made an account for SDN after lurking around for a while. My interview for Midwestern is on Sept 21st and I'm pretty nervous. Sglazer, do you remember what questions they asked you? If so, do you mind sharing? On all the other forums from previous years, everyone said the interview was really conversational so I was hoping to rely on that, but now I'm a little worried haha!

I have no idea if I'm allowed to talk about what they asked me or not, but too be honest a lot of it is a blur haha. They have a few serious questions about experiences and how a vet should have etc. But they also have some really random ones like "whats your favorite show". I was like...uh ok...

But really don't be nervous. The interview is very conversational and the interviewers where VERY nice and really seemed like they wanted to hear what I had to say. I just got tripped up on a couple because I psyched myself out. But I recovered and made them laugh a few times so I think it went ok. Its also super quick, I was only in there like 20 min I think. And then the rest of the day you get to see the BEAUTIFUL campus and talk with the dean and professors, which was great.

I have no idea if I'm allowed to talk about what they asked me or not, but too be honest a lot of it is a blur haha. They have a few serious questions about experiences and how a vet should have etc. But they also have some really random ones like "whats your favorite show". I was like...uh ok...

But really don't be nervous. The interview is very conversational and the interviewers where VERY nice and really seemed like they wanted to hear what I had to say. I just got tripped up on a couple because I psyched myself out. But I recovered and made them laugh a few times so I think it went ok. Its also super quick, I was only in there like 20 min I think. And then the rest of the day you get to see the BEAUTIFUL campus and talk with the dean and professors, which was great.

Ok good to know! Thank you for the feedback :) and I hope you get in! There's no interview feedback on SDN for the school and all I've seen is that the interview is very conversational. I saw that about Purdue too the last time I applied and my interview with them did not go well at all so that's why I was a little worried. I have heard so many good things about Midwestern though, so I'm really hoping to get in too!

Congrats! When did you apply to Midwestern?

Good luck!!! How many people were in your interview group? And did they say when you would hear back?

Good luck!!! How many people were in your interview group? And did they say when you would hear back?

I think there where like 15 or 16 of us? I didn't count, but it was around that number. They said they couldn't tell us exactly when we would hear, because she didn't know when the admissions committee was meeting, but no later then then end of October (I think).

I think there where like 15 or 16 of us? I didn't count, but it was around that number. They said they couldn't tell us exactly when we would hear, because she didn't know when the admissions committee was meeting, but no later then then end of October (I think).
Oh wow that's a lot of people!! I can't wait for mine, but I'm super nervous at the same time.

If you look at the Midwestern c/o 2019 and 2020 threads there are lots of interview tips in there!

Congrats! When did you apply to Midwestern?

Hi rodeomarie! I submitted my application July 5th and was verified July 6th (Took a little longer to get evaluations in though). Midwestern got all of my application materials on July 18th and was sent an email interview invitation on July 27th. I scheduled my interview for September 21st :).

Hey guys! Is anyone interviewing at MWU tomorrow?

Also, for those who have interviewed, any last minute tips?!

Thanks!

Anyone know how often the Vet Admissions Committee meets? When I tried asking Gen Admissions (who looks at our file first) all she said was at least once a month.

Anyone know how often the Vet Admissions Committee meets? When I tried asking Gen Admissions (who looks at our file first) all she said was at least once a month.

aw man! It's been past 2 weeks I've submitted my stuff. Hopefully they get to our applications soon!

aw man! It's been past 2 weeks I've submitted my stuff. Hopefully they get to our applications soon!
Ditto! Glad to hear you haven't heard anything either...2 weeks have surpassed for me as well...lets hope then its any day!

From searching through the 2020 application cycle, it looks like people found out if they where accepted about 2 weeks after their interview. If anyone was curious who also interviewed on the 7th like I did!

I feel like it's crazy for them to interview and accept before the VMCAS deadline is even here... LOL

Ditto! Glad to hear you haven't heard anything either...2 weeks have surpassed for me as well...lets hope then its any day!

My application was considered to be complete by MWU on 8/27 so I'm with you guys! It's not been much over 2 weeks but I was starting to worry. Hopefully they just haven't viewed ours yet!

When did you two get an email saying your applications were complete from MWU?

I feel like it's crazy for them to interview and accept before the VMCAS deadline is even here... LOL
Not really because they are clear to communicate they accept applications year round :)

My application was considered to be complete by MWU on 8/27 so I'm with you guys! It's not been much over 2 weeks but I was starting to worry. Hopefully they just haven't viewed ours yet!

When did you two get an email saying your applications were complete from MWU?

Maybe a week later? When I called they said my app was under review! So hopefully good review! Haha