Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did your interviews go (those who just interviewed on the 3rd)? I hope everything went well!!! :D:D

Members don't see this ad.

for those of you that interviewed on Dec.13-14th at Downer's Grove campus, has anyone heard from the admissions dept on whether they got accepted or not?

I just checked my mail and I received a letter stating that I was put on hold....:( Well, hopefully enough people will turn them down so I can get my interview!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you that interviewed on Dec.13-14th at Downer's Grove campus, has anyone heard from the admissions dept on whether they got accepted or not?

Check your interact now account-mine updated before I got anything in the mail. I interviewed in November and heard back at the beginning of December.

you know what sucks? the fact that midwestern az begins class on june 9th...i don't end my undergrad until June 13th! (assuming i get in and i go there)

who else is on the quarter system and will be facing this problem?

Check your interact now account-mine updated before I got anything in the mail. I interviewed in November and heard back at the beginning of December.

i never got an interact now account:(

I just checked my mail and I received a letter stating that I was put on hold....:( Well, hopefully enough people will turn them down so I can get my interview!! :D

when was your interview and on which campus was it?

i never got an interact now account:(

You have to go to the Midwestern website and click on the Interact know icon (bubble on lower left side). The you create your own account. Its been a while since I set it up, so I forget if you need a number that they assign to you (check all mail that has been sent to you for that #). I know you need a number once you get accepted. Hope that helps.

you know what sucks? the fact that midwestern az begins class on june 9th...i don't end my undergrad until June 13th! (assuming i get in and i go there)

who else is on the quarter system and will be facing this problem?

yeah...that sucks...even though it's not applicable to me.

I'm sure CPG has a contingency plan in place for the CA applicants...that issue has been a significant concern for them.

I actually avoided applying to Midwestern CPG because of the June start issue, good to know I wasn't the only one. A lot of pharmacy candidates I know avoid applying to CPG because of that...particularly the lack of "breathing space" when it comes to having to schedule a class for the summer after formal graduation.

That is becoming more common place as the number of students rise but classes cannot meet demand during the Fall/Winter/Spring academic year.

Anyway, I'm still working on my CCP application. Luckily I just get to rehash some other supplemental answers and paste. If they get it by the end of the week this week, anyone have any idea when they'd get back to me?

And on another note...I'm broke from all these interviews :( time to go slave away at the pharmacy later

Members don't see this ad :)
where did people stay?

how much did it cost?

how did you get to/from campus?

did you fly in the night before the interview? and what time did you finish to go home?

where did people stay?

how much did it cost?

how did you get to/from campus?

did you fly in the night before the interview? and what time did you finish to go home?

If your talking about CCP;

1. Then Holiday Inn Express,

2. Cost for total interview about $600( Including taxi from and to airport ($40) hotel ($69 i think) and plane ticket from cali ($495) plus food for travel and a 12 hr delay becuase of the weather priceless!!!

3. The hotel had a shuttle service, just let them know when you check in and your set.

4. Flew in the night before, but big mistake since weather was really bad, but eventually made it. Just to be safe come in two nights before.

5. It started at 830am, then went on till about noon. If you choose to stay for the tour and lunch it will take about another hour or so. But i stayed an chatted with fellow interviewers . I think i left about 230pm. It was a fun day !!!

hiii im a new member to student doctor:) I have an interview on the 24th of january with CPG. im SO happy! I was just wondering if anyone knew if the interview was closed file or open file? If its open file I just need to go back to my transcripts and make sure I know all the classes I took and whatnot if they have any specific questions. other than that..was the interview pretty laidback/serious? im really nervous. I want go to midwestern glendale more than anything! well anywhoo id appreciate any feedback thanks!:)

If your talking about CCP;

1. Then Holiday Inn Express,

2. Cost for total interview about $600( Including taxi from and to airport ($40) hotel ($69 i think) and plane ticket from cali ($495) plus food for travel and a 12 hr delay becuase of the weather priceless!!!

3. The hotel had a shuttle service, just let them know when you check in and your set.

4. Flew in the night before, but big mistake since weather was really bad, but eventually made it. Just to be safe come in two nights before.

5. It started at 830am, then went on till about noon. If you choose to stay for the tour and lunch it will take about another hour or so. But i stayed an chatted with fellow interviewers . I think i left about 230pm. It was a fun day !!!

thank you

these answers were very helpful for any interview

but I was asking for CPG...did you, by any chance, interview there too?

AHHH, well i got a letter saying my application has merit and may or may not be offered an interview? I really dont know what that means!! So CPG basically put me on some sort of hold status.

AHHH, well i got a letter saying my application has merit and may or may not be offered an interview? I really dont know what that means!! So CPG basically put me on some sort of hold status.

yes, your app is on hold in the sense that they review ALL applications every time the admissions committee gets together (weekly or biweekly). So even though you didn't receive an invitation for an interview at this point doesn't mean they'll wait until the end of the cycle to review your app.

Because all apps are reviewed all the time, they pull the top apps for interviews, so if there is a week where your app happens to be among the top apps for that time period, you'll get an interview invite.

Keep hope alive! :)

cool, i thought i was on the chopping block. this is good news, thanks for the kind words, oh yeah anything i can do to nudge their decision???

Hi "Rxdotcom",

First of all, congratulations on your interview.

-The format is closed file.

-Mine was a 3 on 3 panel and it was very laid back, I have heard that most of the interviews here are very casual but I guess it depends on who interviews you.

-They didnt ask anything about gpa, pcat or specific classes. More general questions. I would just focus on the attributes that make you unique and give you a competitive advantage as a prospective student.

-Think outside the box on your answers, I'm sure they have heard the canned answers enough, i.e. dependable, hardworking, trustworthy, blahh..

-I went into the interview very nervous, in fact my voice cracked in my first answer and when I took a drink of water I almost spilt because my hand was shaking so much. It really wasnt that bad and once I was able to relax and be myself, the rest of the interview went great.

Hope this helps, good luck:)

hiii im a new member to student doctor:) I have an interview on the 24th of january with CPG. im SO happy! I was just wondering if anyone knew if the interview was closed file or open file? If its open file I just need to go back to my transcripts and make sure I know all the classes I took and whatnot if they have any specific questions. other than that..was the interview pretty laidback/serious? im really nervous. I want go to midwestern glendale more than anything! well anywhoo id appreciate any feedback thanks!:)

Hi "Rxdotcom",

First of all, congratulations on your interview.

-The format is closed file.

Hope this helps, good luck:)

I agree with everything except that it's not COMPLETELY closed file. Members of the panel have had access to your pharmcas personal statement and your answers to CPG's supplemental questions. Other than that, it's closed file.

Good luck!

Ok, I'm curious I read that Midwestern starts classes in June. So how does that work if you still have classes in June? On the Pharmcas directory it says that Midwestern Glendale starts June 9th, but I don't finish my classes till June 18th =(

...pretty quiet in here over the weekend...

GO PACKERS!!!:D:D:D

does anyone know how often the adcom meets to review applications for interviews... weekly, biweekly? Trying to figure out how long I will have to wait to hear something. I am worried I wont get an interview invite even with a 99% PCAT score (GPA, 2.99, 3.10)

I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it :)

does anyone know how often the adcom meets to review applications for interviews... weekly, biweekly? Trying to figure out how long I will have to wait to hear something. I am worried I wont get an interview invite even with a 99% PCAT score (GPA, 2.99, 3.10)

I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it :)

hmm...I'm fairly certain it's weekly, especially during this time of year when it's the busiest time for them with regards to applications.

Thanks everyone for the feedback:) I had one more quick question. I've heard at many graduate interviews its important to have a good understanding about the general news ( business, politics, world news, etc). Does this also apply to the Midwestern Interview?

Just received the phone call this morning from Midwestern CCP Downers Grove. The lady was extremely nice and friendly. She told me i got accepted into the program and will get the letter later. I am the happiest person on earth...i dont need to go to OU or Hawaii for the interview anymore. Just going to accept the offer from Midwestern. Hope you guys will get the phone call too :luck:

Just received the phone call this morning from Midwestern CCP Downers Grove. The lady was extremely nice and friendly. She told me i got accepted into the program and will get the letter later. I am the happiest person on earth...i dont need to go to OU or Hawaii for the interview anymore. Just going to accept the offer from Midwestern. Hope you guys will get the phone call too :luck:

congrats!!
I am still waiting for letter acceptance from UH Hilo and other schools. I am having an interview with UCSD in FeB. Goodluck for me :)

If anyone has been pulled off the waitlist for Arizona can you please post? Thanks!

See my new thread on the main prepharmacy board. :)

What did you girls wear to the Midwestern CPG interview? Business-like Suit?

I'll be declining my spot at CPG... so that free's up one spot.. I'll be attending Midwestern CCP instead...

there goes the facebook group =P maybe i'll start one

The tuition is higher than $33,000+ a year now ..
I would not pay the deposit for that school, rather go to UF instead.

i just had my interview thursday 24th. I'm crossing my fingers they liked what I had to say:)

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out through the interact now if we've been accepted?

Who else is interviewing on 2/14?... Oops, I just realized that is valentines day, good thing I dont celebrate V-day!

I wonder how many spots they have left... seems as though a lot of people have been accepted already.

Who else is interviewing on 2/14?... Oops, I just realized that is valentines day, good thing I dont celebrate V-day!

I wonder how many spots they have left... seems as though a lot of people have been accepted already.
Hi Alby, when did you send in your complete application and when where you notified about your interview??? do you mind sharing your stats, I am very nervous, as I have just sent my supp in???

Hi Alby, when did you send in your complete application and when where you notified about your interview??? do you mind sharing your stats, I am very nervous, as I have just sent my supp in???

I hand delivered my supp on 01/09. I got an email this morning. My stats are comparable to the other stats listed on this thread...BS Biochemistry, 3.1 science, 3.2 overall, 99% composite PCAT

has anyone been pulled off the waitlist for CPG? Does anyone know when they said they will start pulling people off? thanks!

i dont want to say anything specific about western....but i have heard several bad things about the school so it does make me skeptical...hard to ignore when a lotta people dont say good things u know.......well anyway im jus sayin on what i've heard........