Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k0ni

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Midwestern-Glendale interview alot of applicants and then waitlist most of them? I read somewhere on this forum that MWU waitlists many applicants since the school is often a last choice (because of the expensive tuition). Anybody know if this is true? I have an interview coming up next month and I'm trying not to get overly excited..

I read though all of the interview feedback for MWU-glendale, and one individual wrote that an admissions person told them something along the lines of... "if you made it this far, don't worry. 90% of interviewed applicants are accepted." 90% seems a little over the top..

Any thoughts? I'm scared, excited, and a little unsure of what to expect! :scared:

Anyone else have an interview at MWU-Glendale next month?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations k0ni!

My application was just sent there this last Monday and I took the PCATs last Saturday. I'm hoping I get an interview. I found the application to enrollment ratio is 7:1 which means your chances are pretty good since you got an invite for the interview. How longer after your PharmCAS application did you get an invite to a complete supplementary application?

Good luck on your interview!!!

Does Midwestern-Glendale interview alot of applicants and then waitlist most of them? I read somewhere on this forum that MWU waitlists many applicants since the school is often a last choice (because of the expensive tuition). Anybody know if this is true? I have an interview coming up next month and I'm trying not to get overly excited..

I read though all of the interview feedback for MWU-glendale, and one individual wrote that an admissions person told them something along the lines of... "if you made it this far, don't worry. 90% of interviewed applicants are accepted." 90% seems a little over the top..

Any thoughts? I'm scared, excited, and a little unsure of what to expect! :scared:

When did you mail out your supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)

How much did you score on your PCAT? im waiting for my scores....i took it on aug 25th...do u think they will look at my application if everything is complete except the PCAT score?

90% is way over the top. While looking at last year stats provided by the pharmcas school page, CPG had ~390 interviewed, ~190 accepted, and 130 students who actually were admitted. ~60 applicants were waitlisted...I wish 90% of the applicants interviewed were accepted, or at least 60%, so I could feel some sense of confidence.

As a first year student at CPG myself, I would say that if you get an interview your chances of getting in are high. over 1900 applicants and only 300 to 400 students got interviewed and there were roughly 130 students in first year. The interview will pretty much decide if you get in or not. If you do well then you will get accepted. And if you are one of the first groups to interview than your chances are even higher. So just prepare for the interview....Good luck

Just out of curiosity, what were you stats anfhockey10? And anyone else applying or attending CPG? PCAT and GPA?

I think that the "60" that Apply is saying was waitlisted, are actually people that turned the school down, and opted to defer admission to attend another school. I am saying this because I declined their offer for admission, and so did several of my fellow classmates.

As far as the interview goes, it is what makes or breaks you. I had a friend with a 4.0 GPA and a 98 PCAT, and did not get in because of a poor interview. Just stay relaxed, try to prepare to answer general questions like...

Why Midwestern?
Why Pharmacy, and not another health Profession?
Tell us about a moral conflict, and how you dealt with it...

Everything is general and generic. Be sure to prepare a few questions to ask about the program at the end of the interview. You also want to come prepared with a crossword puzzle or something to keep you busy, there is a lot of down time, where you sit around and do nothing.

If any one has any other Questions, feel free to ask

300-400 interviewed and ~190 accepted doesn't sound too bad... I'm just so worried that I'll have an anxiety attack during/before the interview! I really really want to get accepted! And it doesn't help any that I've never been to anywhere outside of Korea & Hawaii. I wonder if I'm going to experience a bit of culture shock in Arizona?

Thanks for all of your input everyone!! I appreciate all the info and any more tips & advice is more than welcome! :)

As for the questions about my pharmcas, supp, & PCAT.. I submitted my pharmcas on 7/17 and it was mailed out on 7/27. I received an invite for the supplemental on 8/3 and I believe I mailed it out 8/6. I was working like a madman on the essays because I wanted to send it out as soon as possible (rolling admissions!). My PCAT composite is an 86.

I am a first year pharmacy student at Midwestern and I have a few points that I thought I would add. First off, the pharmacy school told us that they will be changing how the interviews are done this year. Instead of one student interviewing with two faculty members and a 3rd year student, it will be group interviews. They told us it will be three students interviewing together. I would advise you to become well prepared for the interview by becoming familiar with the questions posted on the interview feedback on this website and then prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview. That is all I did to prepare for the interview and it seemed like every question the faculty or student asked me were posted on that interview feedback. As for anxiety and nervousness, the faculty are very nice and they understand that you will probably be nervous. So even if you jumble a few words it should not be a big deal. Good luck on your interviews

Just out of curiosity, what were you stats anfhockey10? And anyone else applying or attending CPG? PCAT and GPA?

I think if you do some searches on the site you will probably find stats from people who were waitlisted, accepted or even denied...

I was just recently accepted and decided to go to CU instead. Interview at CPG is a make-or-break. I don't care what anyone says, there is a lot of luck involved (and that's true anywhere)... Just do your best and don't waste too many thoughts on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It definately felt like they waitlisted everyone they interviewed b/c no one on SDN said they got rejected after they interviewed. So I think they wait list a lot of people. If you are getting an interview, then most likely you will get in.

I think when I was there, one of the admissions faculty told me that the previous year they offered admissions to most of the people on wait-list.

(I got waitlisted sometime in April, and they called me off the waiting list in mid July).

how hard to get in into this school..this is my aim school...i will take the pcat this october for first time..can somone get in with 60 %

Midwestern waitlists a lot of people who apply close to the deadline. As others have said, a lot of people apply there as a backup in case they dont get into their preferred school. Apply early and have a good interview and you're in.

Midwestern waitlists a lot of people who apply close to the deadline. As others have said, a lot of people apply there as a backup in case they dont get into their preferred school. Apply early and have a good interview and you're in.

what about thier requirements..are they realy strict on GPA and PCAT...WILL IT HELP WORK AS PHARM TECH?>

From what I have heard their scoring is 1/3 PCAT 1/3 GPA 1/3 everything else. You wont even get an interview if you GPA or PCAT are terrible.

Of course working as a pharm tech will help, but I cant say how much. On the essays and during the interview make sure and touch upon your experience, what you learned, what you brought to the table, etc.

Well, I hope what you guys are saying is true. I also have an interview in Sept. but my GPA is poor and PCAT is decent. My life experiences are probably the best aspects of my application.

Well, I hope what you guys are saying is true. I also have an interview in Sept. but my GPA is poor and PCAT is decent. My life experiences are probably the best aspects of my application.

Same here! But my motivation and determination is 1000000% Haha.. What day in Sept is your interview? Is it the same day as mine?

WHAT IS YOUR GPA...AND WHAT IS YOUR PCAT SCORE IF YOU DONT MIND,,,WHAT EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE THAT GOT YOU AN INTERVIEW..GOOD LUCK IN YOURS

Hi guys! Congrats on all those who got an interview! I just got an invitation in the mail to submit a supplemental application. However, I can seem to find this on the website. It says on the website that "the Midwestern University Office of Admissions will send a supplemental application". However, in the email there were no attachments. Can anyone provide me with the link or any info on how you got your supplemental application? Thanks alot.

Hi guys! Congrats on all those who got an interview! I just got an invitation in the mail to submit a supplemental application. However, I can seem to find this on the website. It says on the website that "the Midwestern University Office of Admissions will send a supplemental application". However, in the email there were no attachments. Can anyone provide me with the link or any info on how you got your supplemental application? Thanks alot.

Click on the the links. There are 2 of them, one is under MS and one under PDF. The links take u to the application.

I do not have PCAT yet but already received the invitation for the supplemental application. How 'bout u?

The direct links are in the email. In the 2nd paragraph, it says "The supplemental form is available in PDF format or as a Word Document." You should notice that "PDF format" and "Word Document" in the sentence are links.

Click on the the links. There are 2 of them, one is under MS and one under PDF. The links take u to the application.

I do not have PCAT yet but already received the invitation for the supplemental application. How 'bout u?
I have not yet taken the PCATs. I used my school email and there are no links to those words. Would you mind PMing me the link? Thanks for your responses!

just to clarify: the supplemental is invitation-only right?

for the midwestern in downers grove.. they only waitlist you if u apply late or if ur stats aren't that great... my stats weren't wonderful (like those 90 pcat people out there) but i applied super early so there wasn't as much competition to get in at the time i got accepted? not sure if this is true.. but it's just what i think...

this probably doesn't help much since u'r going to the arizona.. but it shoudl be pretty mucht he same? i don't know.. anyone correct me if i'm wrong..

but no worries.. u'll do great!

whoo-hoo! i got an interview invite, but the only date available is like a week away. that is so soon of notice to try to jump on a plane or whatever to get down there.

whoo-hoo! i got an interview invite, but the only date available is like a week away. that is so soon of notice to try to jump on a plane or whatever to get down there.

Congrats on getting an interview...too bad its a week away...they are usually good at that stuff trying to let the applicants know ahead of time that they have been invited to the interview...remember to do your homework beforehand...

Same thing happened to me, leo. Got the e-mail last night. Is it common for pharmacy schools to give such short notice?

Anyway, I called up their admissions office to ask if there were any other available dates, and she said that they update the dates on a rolling basis. She said that if you can't make a date, the only option is periodically checking the interview program to see if it's been updated with a new date. Best case scenario, in a few days we might have more options. She was very vague on specifically how long it takes for them to change a date, though, and when I asked to talk to someone else she told me there was nobody else to talk to.

Hopefully the date will change and we can interview later. And obviously, anyone with more advanced knowledge of the process, I'd be happy to be enlightened on the matter (i.e. how often do they update the interview date, or if I wait past next week without doing anything will I automatically be dropped, etc.)

It's awesome to get an interview... but jeez, thanks for the 2-minute warning.

Same thing happened to me, leo. Got the e-mail last night. Is it common for pharmacy schools to give such short notice?

Anyway, I called up their admissions office to ask if there were any other available dates, and she said that they update the dates on a rolling basis. She said that if you can't make a date, the only option is periodically checking the interview program to see if it's been updated with a new date. Best case scenario, in a few days we might have more options. She was very vague on specifically how long it takes for them to change a date, though, and when I asked to talk to someone else she told me there was nobody else to talk to.

Hopefully the date will change and we can interview later. And obviously, anyone with more advanced knowledge of the process, I'd be happy to be enlightened on the matter (i.e. how often do they update the interview date, or if I wait past next week without doing anything will I automatically be dropped, etc.)

It's awesome to get an interview... but jeez, thanks for the 2-minute warning.

How long ago did you guys finish your applications?

Just got my interview invite this morning....My interview is on september 20th!!! I gotta leave florida and be there in Arizona in a week haha...Talk about pushing it...Anyone know what to expect on this interview??? I was surprised I got an interview...GPA is 2.98 or so and SCI is like a 3.1...must have had good essays and experience ;) Anyone else headed out on the 20th???

Just got my interview invite this morning....My interview is on september 20th!!! I gotta leave florida and be there in Arizona in a week haha...Talk about pushing it...Anyone know what to expect on this interview??? I was surprised I got an interview...GPA is 2.98 or so and SCI is like a 3.1...must have had good essays and experience ;) Anyone else headed out on the 20th???

I'll be there on the 20th. :D See you there! Say hi if you see me!

just curious..this is my first time doin this lol..what are you doin for transportation from your hotel or whatever to the campus?? don't you have to be like 25 to rent a car or somethin? im still pricin out flight tickets..looks like its gonna run like 400 bucks round trip!! lol

are the only interviews so far from glendale? I applied to downer's grove (just mailed it today though). Anyone hear anything yet?

congrats ...can you provide your stats...what is your GPA and PCAT SCORE...what experiences do you have thanks

congrats ...can you provide your stats...what is your GPA and PCAT SCORE...what experiences do you have thanks

Thanks!...i'm pullin from the underdog side on this one I think....

2.98 cum
3.1 sci/math
3.55 over last 55 credits
76 PCAT
I was a pharm tech for a year, and now i'm an assistant manager for walgreens, and i played off that pretty heavily for my pharmacy management goals...and i submitted my stuff EARRRRLY...good luck to everyone..

Well, now that I'm over the initial excitement of an interview, this thing is less than a week away and I'm not really sure what to expect. Anyone have any insight in to this interview process at CPG?? What to wear, what to bring? what to expect? etc..any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

Well, now that I'm over the initial excitement of an interview, this thing is less than a week away and I'm not really sure what to expect. Anyone have any insight in to this interview process at CPG?? What to wear, what to bring? what to expect? etc..any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

The interview process takes up the whole day...the interview itself is only at max half an hour. They will break you guys into two groups one will go do the campus tour first while the other half will be interviewed. There's a couple of places you can stay near midwestern and I believe they'll send you a package of where you can stay and stuff. The placed I stayed at was at the ramada in arrowhead circle. Its about 5-10 mins away from school. If you mention that you are here for an interview at midwestern university they'll give you a discounted rate. Unfortunately, if you have to rent a car and if you are under 25 they charge you 25$ per day on top of the initial rate.

I have similar stats to you Torkey, so we are both underdogs. Looking at the interview feedback, someone said the interviews were three interviewers to a group and others said three interviewers but one-on-one. Which one is it? I am pretty nervous. Last time I interviewed was when I applied for my job as a pharm. tech. At the time, before the interview, my boss said he was already going to hire me and that the interview was just routine. Although the interview was informal, I still found it nerve wrecking. Any info. would help me prepare and alleviate this situation.

I have similar stats to you Torkey, so we are both underdogs. Looking at the interview feedback, someone said the interviews were three interviewers to a group and others said three interviewers but one-on-one. Which one is it? I am pretty nervous. Last time I interviewed was when I applied for my job as a pharm. tech. At the time, before the interview, my boss said he was already going to hire me and that the interview was just routine. Although the interview was informal, I still found it nerve wrecking. Any info. would help me prepare and alleviate this situation.

I noticed that discrepancy too.. So now I'm really not sure how the interview is going to be set up. TRG23 did write a post a couple of weeks ago saying that the pharmacy school is going to change their interview set-up though.

I'm so nervous too! Haha, my situation is the same as yours. My last interview was for my pharm tech job. I thought I totally screwed it up, but they hired me!

Did you receive a pamphlet and DVD from MWU? I received it in the mail last week and there were helpful tips and instructions for our interview day. If you haven't received it yet-- be on the lookout! It'll be coming by snail mail.

Thanks!! Ill keep a look out for it..they only gave a week so it'll probably be getting here the day I take off haha...everything is booked and set...it ended up costing me $700!!!! this better be worth it! haha Good luck to everyone =)

congrats to everyone! i'll be there on the 20th also... which is just a few days away :eek: ... well i will see everyone on campus and good luck during the interview!

i heard that Western students must be so dumb that tech have to teach them how drugs works and besides, most of the professors sit around waiting for their low pathetic paycheck...is that why a lot of good one left??...:thumbdown:

i heard that Western students must be so dumb that tech have to teach them how drugs works and besides, most of the professors sit around waiting for their low pathetic paycheck...is that why a lot of good one left??...:thumbdown:

That wasn't a nice thing to say. :(

I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

Its gonna be HOT on thursday hahaha....anyways what time does your return flights leave?? I'm gonna be there til 1130 at night! lol...So i'm probably gonna tour around the city a little bit after the interview...anyone else stickin around??