Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
APPLY, I DID apply to CCP as well...so you're very right, that may be an applicable reason to why our interact now has not changed...hopefully thats the case :) we'll just have to wait on that letter I guess....but I'm callin tommorow anyways haha...Good luck!

Also, Koni and Lau, if you go on your pharmCAS and click on Pharmacy designations, does it say "accepted" by midwestern under admissions decision? or is it blank? Just curious, Thanks ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Also, Koni and Lau, if you go on your pharmCAS and click on Pharmacy designations, does it say "accepted" by midwestern under admissions decision? or is it blank? Just curious, Thanks ;)

The admissions decision field is still blank (for all the schools I applied to). Hope this helps...

The admissions decision field is still blank (for all the schools I applied to). Hope this helps...

lol thanks man...i'm callin em tommorow, i cant take this waiting anymore haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just talked to Tony from my group of 3 and his interact account changed his status to accepted as well. I'm pretty sure that he only applied to the Glendale campus as well (there's definately a trend here). So far that makes 3/12 that got in.

Also, I left a message with Josh and will see Christopher in Georgia next week during the interviews at South Univeristy. I'll update this when I hear from the two of them as well.

Good luck all!

Just talked to Tony from my group of 3 and his interact account changed his status to accepted as well. I'm pretty sure that he only applied to the Glendale campus as well (there's definately a trend here). So far that makes 3/12 that got in.

Also, I left a message with Josh and will see Christopher in Georgia next week during the interviews at South Univeristy. I'll update this when I hear from the two of them as well.

Good luck all!

I spoke to Chris already, his interact now has not changed and he also applied to CCP. So hopefully that is the reasoning for it ;) Did anyone feel like they did super amazing at the interview? I thought I did well and I conveyed my thoughts alright, maybe a word slip here or there but that was pretty much it lol. I was hoping that being we were all in the first group that we would have a strong chance as long as we didnt blow our interviews. Hope it was good enough lol..good luck to the rest that are waiting!

Well...i just called and talked to them and they said they couldnt say anything until friday...so im guessing they have to say that because maybe they cant say over the phone and it'll be here by fri?? guess ill just have to wait it out ;)

Well...i just called and talked to them and they said they couldnt say anything until friday...so im guessing they have to say that because maybe they cant say over the phone and it'll be here by fri?? guess ill just have to wait it out ;)

Good luck & hang in there! :) Oh yeah, and to answer your earlier question-- the fields under admissions decision are all still blank for my pharmcas.

Check you mailboxes, I just received the official letter from MWU today.

Good luck everyone!

I am jealous......I just recently sent my Supplementals off!!! I hope I get an interview....I visited their campus about a week ago and I hope that I can get in!!! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!! :D

Any of you guys gonna be at the Midwestern CCP interview on Oct. 15th?

I'll be having an interview there on that day too.Hopefully i do better this time.

k0ni, check your PM

Lau, just curious, letter or packet? ;)

1/2 page size packet about 6" x 9": there is a cover letter, 2 copies of the matriculation agreement, and a technical standards form. All these documents are folded in half, so the envelope is pretty thick, you'll know right away...

They want the signed agreement returned and the $1000.00 deposit paid by Oct 12th.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
1/2 page size packet about 6" x 9": there is a cover letter, 2 copies of the matriculation agreement, and a technical standards form. All these documents are folded in half, so the envelope is pretty thick, you'll know right away...

They want the signed agreement returned and the $1000.00 deposit paid by Oct 12th.

Best of luck!

Oct. 12th?? I haven't received ANYTHING yet. :confused: Ughhh, everything takes longer to get to me.. I can't completely relax until I've received the paper confirmation..

Hey and Kev-- I sent you PM back. Sorry I missed it the other day. :p

lol Koni you'll be fine! as of right now I dont have a clue what my status is...i applied to both schools so i could understand why they wouldnt have changed my interact now account being their both on there...but man, i cant take it anymore haha..hopefully that letter will be here tomorrow, one way or the other..koni, im sending you a PM..wanna ask you somethin..;)

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I just got my acceptance packet last night :) Our interview group was great and it is nice to hear that the number of acceptance is still rising.

Josh

congrats to those that got accepted. But i was wondering if ne of u guys have tried to pay the deposit online yet? If so, how did u got about doing it?
Thanks
-Tony

congrats to those that got accepted. But i was wondering if ne of u guys have tried to pay the deposit online yet? If so, how did u got about doing it?
Thanks
-Tony

Omg, I just tried and I can't figure it out! Lol. This is too funny.... In the matriculation agreement, it says to refer to the enclosed letter in the acceptance packet for specific payment info and instructions. I don't see it? I clicked on the matriculation deposit link in the accepted student checklist.. It took me to a new sign-on screen. I have no idea what my username & password is and the interact now one doesn't work. I can't even retrieve my password because I don't have a MWU email. Ha!

I tried calling the Office of Admissions, then realized that Arizona is 3 hours ahead so it was 7:30 pm there. Shucks.. I'm going to call tomorrow morning unless one of you guys can figure it out before then. :p

Omg, I just tried and I can't figure it out! Lol. This is too funny.... In the matriculation agreement, it says to refer to the enclosed letter in the acceptance packet for specific payment info and instructions. I don't see it? I clicked on the matriculation deposit link in the accepted student checklist.. It took me to a new sign-on screen. I have no idea what my username & password is and the interact now one doesn't work. I can't even retrieve my password because I don't have a MWU email. Ha!

I tried calling the Office of Admissions, then realized that Arizona is 3 hours ahead so it was 7:30 pm there. Shucks.. I'm going to call tomorrow morning unless one of you guys can figure it out before then. :p

I was also puzzled by the lack of an enclosed letter for the specific deposit directions. So I called Admin and they gave me my student ID (same as before) and a new password.

congrats to you all....can you guys plz provide your stats ?

OMG!!! I just got an interview invite!!! WOOT! mine's on oct 19....anybody else?

where did you guys stay prior to the interview?? and did most of you guys come home ASAP...or is Phoenix a fun touristy city? im excited =)

OMG!!! I just got an interview invite!!! WOOT! mine's on oct 19....anybody else?

where did you guys stay prior to the interview?? and did most of you guys come home ASAP...or is Phoenix a fun touristy city? im excited =)

Yay, congrats Michelle. Be sure to check out the interview feedback!

I stayed at the Park Plaza only because it was the first hotel my stepdad and I could find.

So I just recieved my letter. I guess I should be happy that I've been placed on the alternate, rather than just denied (at least not right away). How many of you guys that were accepted plan on attending MWU? Does anyone know how many people are placed on the alternate list? The suspense continues for me...

Apply:

Alternate is not bad, and I would hope that they prioritize the alternate list based on interview date which would make you one of the first few alternates.

I think a couple of us are still waiting to hear back from other schools before we make the final decision, but I know that I left MWU with a very strong impression of the school and that will make any decision difficult.

Good Luck!

Michelle,
Congrats! Remember to check out the interview feedback for some inside tips.

I didn't stay in AZ too long because I had school and work the next day. There's a mall about 10 mins away called Arrowhead mall- there's hotels around there too.

Good Luck,
Kev

Update on the issue with not being able to pay the matriculation deposit:

I spoke with admissions today, and they verified that a part of the acceptance packet including information to access the site to pay the matriculation deposit was omitted. New letters with this missing information were sent yesterday, and they said that if we run up against the Oct 12th deadline due to this error that we should call them.

The lady also said that she could not give me my login or password information over the phone, but just to wait for the letter with access instructions to arrive.

Hope this helps!
Kevin

still nothing..where the hell is my letter lol...anyways, im assuming im on the alternate or rejected..

Hey Guys

This may sound stupid but does Midwestern have rolling admissions? I sent in my sup like in august but i have not taken the PCATs yet. They keep on sending me msgz telling me that they are waiting for my PCAT score.
Do u think that by taking the PCAT so late, I have jeporadized my chances?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I wish the alternate was based on when I applied. On the letter it specifically states that the alternate list is not ranked. So if a spot opens, the committee will go through the process all over again and select who will make it from the list.

Hey Guys

This may sound stupid but does Midwestern have rolling admissions? I sent in my sup like in august but i have not taken the PCATs yet. They keep on sending me msgz telling me that they are waiting for my PCAT score.
Do u think that by taking the PCAT so late, I have jeporadized my chances?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

hihi

yes MWU is on rolling admission. My supplemental was only received a little more than a week ago and I just got the invite for interview. However, I have finished the PCAT a long time ago so everything is ready to go. That's probably why they're messaging you, letting you know that they cannot begin to consider you until everything's complete.

get your pcat done!

waitlisted..

o no Torkey... i'd hate to be waitlisted...its such a looong process. Do you know why you were waitlisted? it seemed like they accepted so many people out of the first interviewed group.

I havent a clue..they dont really say anything...I know of three or four of us know that are on the waitlist...best of luck

I havent a clue..they dont really say anything...I know of three or four of us know that are on the waitlist...best of luck

Awhh.. sorry to hear that. I hope you get off of the waitlist.

well i was just reading thru las yr's forum and it seems like hella ppl were waitlisted.... i wonder why they do that :S

btw guys... i dont really understand why interview's will give u 'writing samples'... to test ur essay skills without people editing it?! my grammar is really darn bad =( I'm worried.

I just sent my supplemental application.
hope it's not too late.
Congrats to those who got in already!! you guys are awsome.

About the writing sample at the interveiw..
Can you give us the topic you wrote about at the site(unless it's illegal)?

I'm so worried about writing because it takes a long time for me to write a good one.

Thank you.

There are no essays that you have to do on the interview day. The only writing you have to do is after the interview-- it's just answering some basic questions about the overall day. It's an exit survey with 4-5 Q's. I read on the interview feedback from last year's interviews that the exit survey is used as your writing sample, so be sure to write eloquently. (I didn't think to confirm this myself though, so this is just heresay).

Haha, sorry I can't remember the specific questions. My brain is overloaded on A&P at the moment.

hey guys...is anyone going to be at the October 5th interview?? ill be there flying in from California

Shannee,
How did your interview go? What did you think of the campus? Any other thoughts...?

Hi guys...I just came back from my interview. we only had 8 ppl in our group and 2 or 3 people interviewing at a time. I stayed in my friend's on campus apartment which is really nice actually! overall I had a really good impression of the school and am really considering going here. Im just so glad its over!!! it wasnt bad at all :)

There are no essays that you have to do on the interview day. The only writing you have to do is after the interview-- it's just answering some basic questions about the overall day. It's an exit survey with 4-5 Q's. I read on the interview feedback from last year's interviews that the exit survey is used as your writing sample, so be sure to write eloquently. (I didn't think to confirm this myself though, so this is just heresay).

Haha, sorry I can't remember the specific questions. My brain is overloaded on A&P at the moment.

A friend told someone who isn't me in a dream:D that one of the questions might have been "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

im still really confused about the interview setting. A lot of ppl r saying it's 3-on-3. Does that mean all 6 ppl stay in one big meeting room and takes turn asking q's...answer answers?!

im still really confused about the interview setting. A lot of ppl r saying it's 3-on-3. Does that mean all 6 ppl stay in one big meeting room and takes turn asking q's...answer answers?!

There are 3 applicants on one side of table and 3 interviewers (3 professors in our case) on the other side. So yes, there are 6 total persons in the room. The first few questions were the more generic ones like "tell me about yourself, etc." When they asked a question, we took turns on the same one until all three of us had responded. Also, they do switch up the order of who goes first. As you answer, the interviewers may write down some notes and may ask you more specific questions or tell you to describe something that you mentioned earlier on.

Hope that helps.

There are 3 applicants on one side of table and 3 interviewers (3 professors in our case) on the other side. So yes, there are 6 total persons in the room. The first few questions were the more generic ones like "tell me about yourself, etc." When they asked a question, we took turns on the same one until all three of us had responded. Also, they do switch up the order of who goes first. As you answer, the interviewers may write down some notes and may ask you more specific questions or tell you to describe something that you mentioned earlier on.

Hope that helps.

thanks Lau!
thats soo weird tho, never had an interview setting like that. Do you find that others answers will affect yours (ie if somebody already said the same thing...it freaks u out b/c maybe u were prepared to give the same answer but u dont wanna end up sounding like ur repeating others ansewrs?)

thanks Lau!
thats soo weird tho, never had an interview setting like that. Do you find that others answers will affect yours (ie if somebody already said the same thing...it freaks u out b/c maybe u were prepared to give the same answer but u dont wanna end up sounding like ur repeating others ansewrs?)

Absolutely, on the question where they asked why MWU, I was the last to go and everyone else had said "because of the 3 year accelerated program" (or something to that effect. When it was my turn, I started by saying that it was a tough question because "they took all the good answers," -which got a chuckle out of the panel. At that point I had to throw out my canned answer and came up with a sincere answer about why the Glendale area was a good fit for me.

So, you can look at the 3 vs. 3 as a negative thing, or you can try to put a spin on the situation.

Shannee,
When do you guys find out if you're accepted?

BTW, do you know Henry from Uni HS? I have/ had a couple classes with him. It's such a small world...

Anyone know what the latest posted interview date is?

I was just thinking about how I didn't take advantage of the coupon...The school gives you a $9 dollar coupon to use at their cafeteria. Make sure you use it up. Load up on candy and drinks if your not that hungry (it's what the current students do).