Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its gonna be HOT on thursday hahaha....anyways what time does your return flights leave?? I'm gonna be there til 1130 at night! lol...So i'm probably gonna tour around the city a little bit after the interview...anyone else stickin around??

Yeah, I was checking the weather report and its going to be near 100 degrees that day... I'll be coming in on Wed. morning and leaving Thursday at 7p. So that gives me some time to check out the area before and after the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to everybody who's got the interview :)

for the ppl that applied to glendale: could you tell me what the time line is like? Ie how long after PharmCAS mailing did you get to do supplemental? how long after supplemental did you get invited to interview?

thanks!

Yeah, I was checking the weather report and its going to be near 100 degrees that day... I'll be coming in on Wed. morning and leaving Thursday at 7p. So that gives me some time to check out the area before and after the interview.

OMG, you've got to be kidding me. 100 degrees! and in a suit!

Michelle-- I submitted my pharmcas on 7/17 and received the supplemental invite on 8/3. My supplemental was mailed out on 8/6 and I received my interview invite on 8/28. Hope that helps. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It was nice meeting you guys that were at the interview! :D

haha ditto, but im sooooo glad its over!! haha

My first post!

It was nice meeting all of you as well, and I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

I guess, now we wait...

Kevin

I agree, it was great meeting the faculty and all the other candidates... :)

How did they say we would be notified again? I was so exhausted by the end of the day-- I'm having trouble remembering what anyone said. Hahah

Was it that we would receive an email and then snail mail?

I remember hearing that they would meet the next day (today) and would get the decisions out in about a week. I am assuming that it is snail mail, and it seemed like we should be hearing from them in close to 2 weeks.

OMG, you've got to be kidding me. 100 degrees! and in a suit!

Michelle-- I submitted my pharmcas on 7/17 and received the supplemental invite on 8/3. My supplemental was mailed out on 8/6 and I received my interview invite on 8/28. Hope that helps. :)

HOW WAS YOUR INTERVIEW,,,can you provide your stats that led you to an interview?

I think it took about 10 days for my results to get to me last year, so hope you all hear soon, good luck!

hey guys...is anyone going to be at the October 5th interview?? ill be there flying in from California

shannee, good luck of the 5th.
Remember to check out the interview feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys...is anyone going to be at the October 5th interview?? ill be there flying in from California

Good luck! relax!...they're all really nice, and the campus is awesome..DEFINITELY check the interview forum out...everything they ask is on there...this waiting is driving me up a wall!!!

Good luck! relax!...they're all really nice, and the campus is awesome..DEFINITELY check the interview forum out...everything they ask is on there...this waiting is driving me up a wall!!!

Haha yeah, the waiting is driving me crazy too. I feel like I'm stalking the postman already! :p

I'm still hoping to get my results before I end up dropping another $600 to interview at South University on Oct. 5th.

k0ni, did you decide if you were going to your interview in Virginia?

Any of you guys gonna be at the Midwestern CCP interview on Oct. 15th?

I'm still hoping to get my results before I end up dropping another $600 to interview at South University on Oct. 5th.

k0ni, did you decide if you were going to your interview in Virginia?

I've been thinking the same thing.. It's so expensive AND tiring to travel! I was exhausted when I got home from the Arizona trip. I've been looking at flights to Virginia the past couple days and they're all 12-14 hour flights with at least 1 stop-over. :( That's just insane..

But on the other hand.. It is a good opportunity to see different schools and what they have to offer.. I suppose we'll have to wait a little while longer before we make our decisions!

Any of you guys gonna be at the Midwestern CCP interview on Oct. 15th?

I didn't apply to CCP.. Not sure if anyone else here did either? I think there is another thread for MWU-CCP Interviews though. :)

thanks guys...another question though, is it too hot to wear a black suit?? I wouldn't know what else to wear... i hope it's mostly indoors

no, it'll be warm but its not terrible...pretty much everyone wore black or gray, saw one brown..i was the oddball that wore green hahaha

Figures, now I get my "A Day at Midwestern" DVD.

Anyone from so-cal going to the Oct. 5th interview want the DVD from me before you go to AZ?

Figures, now I get my "A Day at Midwestern" DVD.

Anyone from so-cal going to the Oct. 5th interview want the DVD from me before you go to AZ?
oh wow im from so-cal...might wanna take a look at that..is it a good idea to look at before the interview?? ill let u know if i dont get it within the next week

Shannee, let me know if/ when you want the DVD...

k0ni, Torkey, Enzymatic: did you guys get the DVD beforehand? was it useful?

How funny, I know someone else from Orange County who was invited to the October 5th interview as well. They mights as well build a Midwestern CA campus for all of us from here.

Shannee, let me know if/ when you want the DVD...

k0ni, Torkey, Enzymatic: did you guys get the DVD beforehand? was it useful?

How funny, I know someone else from Orange County who was invited to the October 5th interview as well. They mights as well build a Midwestern CA campus for all of us from here.

Haha, yeah really. Half of you guys there were from Cali!

As for the dvd.. Personally, I thought it was helpful. :] The dvd showcased 3 students (pharmacy, physician assistant, and medical); it was interesting to learn about their lives at MWU. Although the dvd itself did not prepare me for the interview, it was a nice little addition.

The website for both Midwestern campuses said they would mail you a supplemental form after they recieved your PharmCAS application. My PharmCAS went in a while ago and so Im just confirming this with people. Did they mail you guys the supplemental or is it already online? I just dont want to mess things up. Thanks!

The website for both Midwestern campuses said they would mail you a supplemental form after they recieved your PharmCAS application. My PharmCAS went in a while ago and so Im just confirming this with people. Did they mail you guys the supplemental or is it already online? I just dont want to mess things up. Thanks!

hi there:

i esubmited my pharmcas on aug 30.... it showed that my stuff was mailed out by pharmcas on sept 17.... and then i got an email yesterday from MWU asking me to fill out the supplemental application... so u'll have to wait for them to email you!

I never got the DVD, I thought the day went fine without it, doesnt relaly seem like a necessity...but where the heck is that letter!?!?! lol..

I never got the DVD, I thought the day went fine without it, doesnt relaly seem like a necessity...but where the heck is that letter!?!?! lol..

I KNOWWWW, where is that letter! One more week I suppose. Let me know when you get it!! I'm sure my letter will come a day or two after. Hmph.

I KNOWWWW, where is that letter! One more week I suppose. Let me know when you get it!! I'm sure my letter will come a day or two after. Hmph.

I've been looking for the "letter" also, except i'm hoping that it's a packet. The letter is usually the denial or waitlist, right?

EVERYONE! Nevermind waiting around for the letter/packet. Check your INTERACT NOW right this instant! I've been accepted!!!!! How about everyone else???!
:biglove::biglove::biglove:

Yayyyyyyy~

Where does it say, on interact now, that you got accepted or not???

Where does it say, on interact now, that you got accepted or not???

A little pop up window came up saying that I was accepted and that my sign-on page would look different now (i.e. accepted student checklist vs. app checklist). The whole page looks different-- you'll definitely notice it right away.

EVERYONE! Nevermind waiting around for the letter/packet. Check your INTERACT NOW right this instant! I've been accepted!!!!! How about everyone else???!

Yayyyyyyy~

Congrats Koni!!!! My interact now is still the same :( hope it changes soon....

Yayyyyyyy~

omg koni!! CONGRATS!!!! they haven't even received my supplemental yet >.<

k0ni,
Congrats!!!

I went to log on, and I forgot my password and had to answer the security question. The page looked the same and there was no pop-up message. BUT, then I signed off and logged on again. This time I got the pop-up- I'm accepted too!

Maybe i'll see you this summer...

Everyone else, keep checking and let us know.

k0ni,
This just came to me, I think you were the first person I saw from SDN to get accepted...

Congrats again!

congrats koni!! that was so fast! you must be so relieved now..:)

A little pop up window came up saying that I was accepted and that my sign-on page would look different now (i.e. accepted student checklist vs. app checklist). The whole page looks different-- you'll definitely notice it right away.

congrats koni...can you plz provide us of the whole experience...ur stats..ur interview day..the whole story and how stressfull it was

Will MWU accept my app if I take the October PCAT for the 1st time?

Hmmm. Not looking so good for me. Do you guys think they are finished choosing accepted students from the first interviewed group?

Hmmm. Not looking so good for me. Do you guys think they are finished choosing accepted students from the first interviewed group?

only way to find out is from MWU themselves?

Not sure... until I see a letter in the mail in writing, I wouldn't count anything out. There's always the waitlist status option too.

For our sake i hope not....Mine hasnt changed nor has another guys that i was talkin to that was there with us....Maybe monday they'll do another update or something...I've heard of people on here saying that interact now isnt very reliable anyways...dont rule it out til you get a letter....But yeah, im in your boat....

For our sake i hope not....Mine hasnt changed nor has another guys that i was talkin to that was there with us....Maybe monday they'll do another update or something...I've heard of people on here saying that interact now isnt very reliable anyways...dont rule it out til you get a letter....But yeah, im in your boat....

I hope not too. I thought we had a great group of people for our interview day. I hope you guys get in!

Kevin-- congratulations to you too!

Tell us your stats. What was your overall GPA, science GPA, who did you have write your LOR? Tell us your whole experience. What was your GPA in your freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years? How old are you?

Just wondering and hoping...Lau and koni, did you guys apply to Midwestern CCP as well? And how about you Torkey? I applied to both Midwesterns. Hopefully, my INTERACT NOW hasn't changed because I still need the application checklist for CCP. So I am hoping you guys didn't apply to both. Sorry to bother you guys about this, but the combo of waiting and knowing others have been accepted is killing me...

Just wondering and hoping...Lau and koni, did you guys apply to Midwestern CCP as well? And how about you Torkey? I applied to both Midwesterns. Hopefully, my INTERACT NOW hasn't changed because I still need the application checklist for CCP. So I am hoping you guys didn't apply to both. Sorry to bother you guys about this, but the combo of waiting and knowing others have been accepted is killing me...

No I didn't apply to the Chicago MWU.. That could be a factor..? It does make sense that you would have to have your app checklist still up. Torkey was saying that the Interact Now may not be reliable anyway.. :( Ahh, sorry that I added to your stressing!

I hope not too. I thought we had a great group of people for our interview day. I hope you guys get in!

k0ni, you're right, we did have a really good group. I also hope everyone makes it in too.

APPLY- you might be onto something because I only applied to MWU-CPG. Your interact page may not change if you are still in applicant mode for MWU-CCP.

I exchanged phone numbers with a couple people in our group and I'm not sure if they post here, so i'll call them and see if they have heard anything. I'll get back to you guys if I hear from them.

Congrats Koni,

please don't get offended but with your stats and you got accepted, I now have high hope. I think your getting in encourages others here as well.:thumbup: