Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Thats so crazy how so many in state applicants got waitlisted. I didn't get an email about it just saw it through aadsas, but I hope somehow we get off of it

Members don't see this ad.

Also, "in-state" doesn't mean too much
1702687698827.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I just do not know how to proceed forward. It seems like from last year their list does not move.
expensive private school waitlists move a lot
stats are available online to see how many people are accepted to fill a class each year...

Is there a group me or Facebook group for those who have been accepted

Anyone that was waitlisted on the portal yesterday hoping to hear back today? Very confused on how this works since I received no email of being waitlisted.

I am with you. This is very confusing due to last year people received emails. I am just going to focus on improving my application and getting more interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I am pretty sure it won't be today as today is saturday. Really hoping to hear by Monday and hoping they just waitlisted people cuz they could not make the calls on time haha even though it is highly unlikely.
You might have to wait until after the new year because we are closed for 2 weeks for break

I swear, if its the case where they couldn't call all of the students on the 15th and still refused to email them....

Members don't see this ad :)
But then why waitlist them and make the effort to make that status change on AADSAS? Its a good conspiracy theory but across all platforms theres been more waitlists than acceptances.
Its a button. It would be easier to say they can wait then to make all those calls in one day or tell the people waiting nothing.

Hopefully we can all pray thats the scenario and we get acceptance calls on Monday but its highly unlikely but a waitlist just changes the entire status of an application. Its very unprofessional if that is the case. Its just a frustrating situation because we cant ask for answers and they might be on break for two whole weeks. An email should have gone out at least. An email is also just a button. And instead of phone calls for acceptances they could have just sent the acceptance email knowing they can't do all the calls. AADSAS is also just a button they could have done accepted.
would've, could've, should've.

I think we under estimate the severe human element in this process. Perhaps, we truly are on the waitlist (or at least just me), perhaps not. There are a lot of quality of life changes that many schools can adopt but don't.

Hopefully we can all pray thats the scenario and we get acceptance calls on Monday but its highly unlikely but a waitlist just changes the entire status of an application. Its very unprofessional if that is the case. Its just a frustrating situation because we cant ask for answers and they might be on break for two whole weeks. An email should have gone out at least. An email is also just a button. And instead of phone calls for acceptances they could have just sent the acceptance email knowing they can't do all the calls. AADSAS is also just a button they could have done accepted.
good point!

I have not seen another school being discussed like this which is why I am skeptical but I believe we are all on the waitlist. Are any of yall in state?
I don't think at any other school this many people are waitlisted. And I might add all of the in-state people who applied. Last year they gave so many acceptances that they also sent out some the day after. Last year the day fell on a thursday so they still had Friday. To what someone said earlier we can not take out the human aspect. They are not going to work on their time off.

for the letter of intent, would you guys recommend sending it to the director of admisisons, office of admissions, or both?
And thank you guys for clarifying that they are closed until January 2nd. I think im going to hold off on sending this until then. Would that be a good idea?

So is everyone who interviewed and didn’t get accepted on the waitlist?!

I’ll get more information but one of my friends I met at my interview msg me last night and said she got in??

She was waitlisted on decision date, but said she found out she got in this week… It’s very suspicious

The school went on break from December 16th to Jan 2nd

Trust me theres no conspiracy theory going on. i know it might be hard now but try to remain calm. everything will work out you just have to believe. the amount of stress you are feeling rn is probably the same amount of stress the admissions office is going through too. so everyone just breathe

Reactions: 1 users
The waitlist is long like most private expensive schools bc it tends to move since many people will decline the acceptance for a cheaper school. Also many people are on the waitlist bc you guys are good candidates and the school doesn't want to just reject you if there is a chance for you to have a seat later on in possibly a few months.

Trust me guys around Jan. 15 when the first deposit is due and many people give up their seats, the school will offer out more seats and yall will get acceptance emails just try to remain positive and keep believing! PS. the school doesnt offer out all 140 seats the first day, and every week they meet and discuss possible candidates for the next email batch so dont give up hope

Reactions: 3 users
If there is no email tomorrow about being waitlisted, do you all plan to email them?
I wouldnt email the school until either after jan. 1 which is when the first batch of accepted students need to place the deposit down or when I get an email about being waitlisted. When that time comes ill email the school a letter of intent that has ways you have improved your application since the interview and how you are really committed to the school. I have talked to some admission people from other schools and they view emailing so early on as unprofessional and can be seen as bothersome. remember dec 15 was the FIRST day you could possibly hear back not the last day, application cycle is a long journey! wishing you the best!!!

Thank you for all of your positive words. Everyone really is having a hard time including me and I have 10 year experience and am the President of my schools Pre-Dental club. I did not think I would be in this situation.

Congratulations to the accepted students!!
I am currently a D3 at CDMI-IL
I created a FB group for you all. Below is the link
see you all soon on campus!!

Anyone whose accepted - has your office email been activated and can you access it?

Hey everyone, congrats on those who received an offer on acceptance day. I am currently a D1 at CDMI. For those who have not received any emails or calls, the cycle is nowhere near the end. I know some people who got interviews and/ or acceptances in the spring. I haven't seen a groupme for CDMI class of 2028, so I made one. Here is the link:

GroupMe
I got an interview and am still ghosted. Do you have a general idea of when I’d hear back?

Turned down my offer in favor of in-state school. Seems like an awesome dental program though, good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, does anyone know if MWU opens on Jan 2nd or Jan 3rd? And if they take letters of intent into account and how long it should be? Since they waitlisted everyone I am very unsure and since there has not been an email. Thank you :)
Classes are back in session on January 2nd. I would send a letter of intent addressing the admissions team. I would write about your experience with faculty and students and why specifically you want to go to this school as opposed to any others. Talk about what things stood out to you, and how your experiences and personality would make a great fit for this program based on what you saw and what you've read on the website as far as the mission statement goes etc. Also mention any things you are currently working on that show your commitment to dentistry that you are actively doing such as research, shadowing, dental assisting, or even volunteer work. Try to mention new things that aren't already on your application or things you're actively doing like working at a dental office still. Keep it brief (no more than a page) and professional with formal greetings and a closing signature.
I got an interview and am still ghosted. Do you have a general idea of when I’d hear back?
They send out admissions in waves each month, there are more to come. I don't know when exactly the next waves of admissions will be, but I'm sure people on here will update.

Classes are back in session on January 2nd. I would send a letter of intent addressing the admissions team. I would write about your experience with faculty and students and why specifically you want to go to this school as opposed to any others. Talk about what things stood out to you, and how your experiences and personality would make a great fit for this program based on what you saw and what you've read on the website as far as the mission statement goes etc. Also mention any things you are currently working on that show your commitment to dentistry that you are actively doing such as research, shadowing, dental assisting, or even volunteer work. Try to mention new things that aren't already on your application or things you're actively doing like working at a dental office still. Keep it brief (no more than a page) and professional with formal greetings and a closing signature.

They send out admissions in waves each month, there are more to come. I don't know when exactly the next waves of admissions will be, but I'm sure people on here will update.
If they send out acceptance in waves why hasn’t any of the past threads shown that?

Should we send out letter of intent as an email or as a pdf attached to an email? Thank you!

Hey all - quick question. Does anyone know if accepted students need to re-send transcripts directly to Midwestern? I was under the impression they were already received via ADEA AADSAS, but under the Accepted Student Checklist it shows schools under Required Transcripts as incomplete (red X symbol next to them), with a status of "expected". I'm thinking we do, but didn't want to if it isn't necessary. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and fingers crossed for those still waiting! Thanks

If they send out acceptance in waves why hasn’t any of the past threads shown that?
In the past few years people have mentioned when they got accepted after dec. 15 theres not a specific date but people usually mention when they get in. from a quick glance I think some people said they got in that first week of February