Midwestern CPG (Glendale, AZ) Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm staying at the crowne plaza at the airport. I looked in the three hotels that offer the shuttle to school but they seemed very over priced for the hotel quality, so I figured I rather just take a taxi and stay in a nicer hotel for the same price. Staying at a nicer place will make me more confident for the interview ;)

I was just looking at the cost of living in glendale. It's SOOO cheap. I honestly think with the 3 year degree and the low cost of living this is becoming my top choice.
Glendale is also very run down part of town ... that's why the low cost of living. It also depends on what part of town (that's with anywhere in AZ).... I'm not sure of the vicinity to UoP stadium where the Cardinals play to Midwestern, but traffic on the I-17 gets hellish 3 hrs before game- during game- and after.....

I'll also warn you that cab rides in AZ are very expensive!!! If you do decide to ride in a cab, use discount cab... they're a bit cheaper than the rest.

Members don't see this ad.

For those that interviewed, how long was the interview day? In the email invite they said it was going to be from 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM. Did it take that long?

For those that interviewed, how long was the interview day? In the email invite they said it was going to be from 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM. Did it take that long?

The Interview was a little long. We were greeted and then proceeded to hear from the dean for about 30-40min. Then were were presented with a Financial aid seminar for about another 20min. After that we either called to interview (about 40min) or taken on a tour (about 45min). The rest of the time is filler....:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the total cost of living will be approximately during the three years? That includes tuition, books, decent housing on campus, etc

Does anyone know what the total cost of living will be approximately during the three years? That includes tuition, books, decent housing on campus, etc

I forgot what the link was, but I think including everything its about $64K/year

jesus, doesn't that seems more expensive than a 4 year school? 40k a year purely in tuition.

jesus, doesn't that seems more expensive than a 4 year school? 40k a year purely in tuition.

my impression is that most of the applicants to cpg want to stay towards the west coast... id say a little less than half of my interview day group was from CA.

40k a year is cheap considering if you went to a private ca school, you may be paying 40k a year for 4 years.

my impression is that most of the applicants to cpg want to stay towards the west coast... id say a little less than half of my interview day group was from CA.

40k a year is cheap considering if you went to a private ca school, you may be paying 40k a year for 4 years.

is it really 40k a year for private CA schools too? if so, that'll make me feel a lot better about picking midwestern haha.

is it really 40k a year for private CA schools too? if so, that'll make me feel a lot better about picking midwestern haha.
Loma Linda is $35580, Western is $39650, Touro is $34320 and Pacific is $33606- about the same tuition costs really.

annually...

CA Northstate = 37,500
Loma Linda = 38,600
Western = 39,650
USC = 39,638

dunno what touro is... and uop is a 3 year program at around 53k each year..

dont take those numbers for gospel since i just quickly pulled them off their websites, but yeah bottom line = its expensive to study in CA

EDIT = thanks nicole... took the words out of my mouth

If the majority of the people that got accepted to Midwestern are from CA and want to remain on the west coast, its also worth noting that they can attend a school in CA and commute or stay with friends/family.

In that case, the cost of attendance will be equal to Midwestern (if not cheaper), and they are closer to home/remain in CA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be staying at the Comfort Inn (January 7th Interview). Anyone else staying there?

Have any of you guys started the Academic update yet? When is CPG's deadline for that?

For the prerequisite section of the supplemental application, do I only include the highest grade if I retake some classes? Or do I include all of them? I've retaken Biol 1&2 and there are no space available left for one of the labs. I've tried emailing the office, but still no response. Thanks!

Last edited:
I was just wondering, does everyone who meet the minimum requirements get the supplemental application? Thanks!

Yes, you do. It takes time for this to process, but from my experience, everything else is very fast.

I'm in the process of filling out the supplemental application right now, but I'm having a problem. I filled it out twice and every time I click "save" every thing got deleted. Anyone here had that problem?

Will financial aid and federal loans cover all of the costs?

Yes financial aid will cover all the cost if you choose to take the whole amount. its totally up to you if you want to take the full amount 70K but most people usually do anyways. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Check your portals for those that interviewed yesterday 01/07. It got updated. I think I got in , I'm not sure. It showed a list of courses and transcripts that I need to turn in/complete under accepted student checklist.

What has shown up? The checklist under post accepted? I think I have been too, and I interviewed today...

Last edited:
img.php
yea the list under accepted student checklist. It would say matriculation agreement : expected, technical standards form: expected stuff like that.
img.php

Does anyone else have a message on their portal from student financial services... I interviewed on Dec 2 and was put on an alternate list... :xf: I still don't have a matriculation statement nor anything in my accepted student checklist... Does anyone know what this message means? :confused:

I'm still waitlisted but I was wondering if anyone else got this message in their message center? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!?:scared:

"Dear Student: E-mail is the primary medium for official communication with students, faculty and staff at Midwestern University (MWU). All official financial aid communications will be sent to your secure MWU e-mail account. The Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) expects ..."

I interviewed 01/07 and was accepted today.

It showed up on the portal.

I am so happy!!! :laugh:

I was just taken off the waitlist and accepted. Now I am torn between CPG and CCP. What should I do?

Woa! You're the first alternate I've heard that has been accepted! Congrats. Were you notified by email or were you checking on the portal? God I'm still praying!!

I was just taken off the waitlist and accepted. Now I am torn between CPG and CCP. What should I do?

Congrats! :) If you need some info about the Phoenix area/Glendale and the lifestyle here to help you in your decision, let me know! I have lived here all my life. One thing people like is the weather, except for the 115 degrees in the summer.

Uh yeah..please tell us how you found out, docss26.

I interviewed 01/07 and was accepted today.

It showed up on the portal.

I am so happy!!! :laugh:

Same here!! congrats!!! Does your matriculation part say check back tomorrow too? I already signed the technical standards agreement. :) so excited!

Check your portals for those that interviewed yesterday 01/07. It got updated. I think I got in , I'm not sure. It showed a list of courses and transcripts that I need to turn in/complete under accepted student checklist.

Yup, mine shows the same thing :) looks like we got in.

Woa! You're the first alternate I've heard that has been accepted! Congrats. Were you notified by email or were you checking on the portal? God I'm still praying!!

I check portal regularly to check for updates from CCP since I was accepted there first. I checked today and found a matriculation agreement along with the other accepted student checklist for CPG. That's how I found out.

Rxlea, why should I come to Arizona? I like that CPG is a 3 year program, but is it worth not having your summers?

Yeah for you! I was hoping you would get good news about CPG!! Okay, yes, no summers, but then again, in Arizona you would essentially get....NO WINTERS....and right about now with the ton of snow and freezing temps that sounds like heaven. Good to have choices, huh?

Yeah for you! I was hoping you would get good news about CPG!! Okay, yes, no summers, but then again, in Arizona you would essentially get....NO WINTERS....and right about now with the ton of snow and freezing temps that sounds like heaven. Good to have choices, huh?

I figured if I basically have no life in pharmacy school, why not be someplace closer to home in the comfort of my close friends and family. Arizona seems really nice, but I think realistically I should be closer to home since my network is here.

I figured if I basically have no life in pharmacy school, why not be someplace closer to home in the comfort of my close friends and family. Arizona seems really nice, but I think realistically I should be closer to home since my network is here.

+1 to what you're saying. One of the many reasons why I want to go to CPG is because it is near home...so I don't have to travel across the country for grad school. :xf:

You make a good point. I have always been the type to pack up and head off on an adventure so to me it would be fun but if you have family and friends here then that is a good reason to stay so you can lean on them if you need to for any reason. Back at the beginning of my college career (don't ask how long ago that was please) I attended Arizona State University which is in Tempe a couple of towns away from Glendale. It was different and I loved being able to swim in the pool in November and I loved the palm trees but I missed the variety of restaurants and you can't get real pizza there. I also missed the availablity of museums and cultural things you find here in Chicago. In fact, Chicago would be perfect if it wasn't for the winter.

You make a good point. I have always been the type to pack up and head off on an adventure so to me it would be fun but if you have family and friends here then that is a good reason to stay so you can lean on them if you need to for any reason. Back at the beginning of my college career (don't ask how long ago that was please) I attended Arizona State University which is in Tempe a couple of towns away from Glendale. It was different and I loved being able to swim in the pool in November and I loved the palm trees but I missed the variety of restaurants and you can't get real pizza there. I also missed the availablity of museums and cultural things you find here in Chicago. In fact, Chicago would be perfect if it wasn't for the winter.

The winters are so stressful sometimes. I think I know the choice I have to make. Both schools are relatively similar in price, but if I make the hike out to AZ I will incur a whole wave of different expenses I wouldn't have if I stayed in Chicago. I think I made my decision.

I'm still waitlisted but I was wondering if anyone else got this message in their message center? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!?:scared:

"Dear Student: E-mail is the primary medium for official communication with students, faculty and staff at Midwestern University (MWU). All official financial aid communications will be sent to your secure MWU e-mail account. The Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) expects ..."

Did anyone else get this message...? :confused:

I have that message. Don't know what it means though, I'm thinking it's just a message they send out to all those that interviewed.

Hi guys! I was just accepted to MWU-Glendale :D But I have so many interviews pending I don't know what to do!! 1000 is a lot :confused:

I got in too! Right now I think this is where I'm headed, I'm from California and it's close to home and relatively close in tuition costs. Plus, I love the fact that it's a 3-year program, and essentially only 2 summer are spent studying and one is working so that's not too bad!

Hi guys! I was just accepted to MWU-Glendale :D But I have so many interviews pending I don't know what to do!! 1000 is a lot :confused:

I would pay the deposit. You dont want to end up having no school to go to IF you aren't accepted elsewhere.

Hey!! Does anyone know anything about the housing down there? I know about the student housing, but can't stay there (I have a small dog). Any good websites I can browse?