Midwestern CPG (Glendale, AZ) Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How was your wait-listed status presented to you? Email? Phone Call? Snail Mail? Was it after your interview?

I wasn't notified about the wait list. After I found out the majority of the people interviewing with me were accepted I had to call and find out. They gave me the bad news..

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't notified about the wait list. After I found out the majority of the people interviewing with me were accepted I had to call and find out. They gave me the bad news..

thats great that you got in somewhere. I'm so anxious about the results from last Wednesday's interview. I keep checking the portal to see if anything has changed.

thats great that you got in somewhere. I'm so anxious about the results from last Wednesday's interview. I keep checking the portal to see if anything has changed.

Yeah, I was doing that religiously with CPG and CCP. I checked once in the morning and once before bed. While at school one day I checked for CCP and the portal changed and I found out I was accepted! I literally screamed and called my dad immediately. While on the line I got a phone call from a strange area code. Turned out to be Belmont notifying me of my acceptance. :D Greatest feeling in the world. You will have yours too. Keep your head up ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed the admissions department this morning and they responded and told me that those who interviewed 12/02 and 12/03 have not been discussed by the adcom yet. They will meet this Friday and they advised me to start checking the online portal around 5:00 p.m.

Hello everyone,
I got my interview on the 8th January for the Glendale campus. Can you guyz please give me advice or suggestion how to prepare for interview and what kinda questions should i be expecting.
BTW any one else here has the same interview date.
Thanks

hdhindsa, if you don't mind, when did you get your invite?

Hello everyone,
I got my interview on the 8th January for the Glendale campus. Can you guyz please give me advice or suggestion how to prepare for interview and what kinda questions should i be expecting.
BTW any one else here has the same interview date.
Thanks
I interview there on Dec. 2 and it was a very laid back interview. It was three interviewers in the room with three interviewees. That was a little unexpected but it gave you time to prepare for some questions because some of the question you answer first, other questions you wait to answer. They make you feel really comfortable and the campus is beautiful. Phoenix is awesome in the winter. They didn't subscribe to the notion of asking weird questions, but they asked ethical questions, team based questions, leadership questions, and personal questions. The interview process was only about 45 minutes and the rest of the time involves tours and a small writing essay question. Good luck with your interview.

Anyone heard anything yet from the Dec 2nd or 3rd interviews?

I have been checking online all day today on the portal and nothing... sigh...:confused:

The admissions committee met today, so they should have it up right? blah. this sucks.:(

I have been checking the portal all day today also... nothing.

No news is good news? The waiting is horrible, it's giving me gas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
I just logged into the portal and found that the cheklist shows up with items such as a checklist of pre-requisite courses. However, there is no matriculation agreement. What does this mean??
Btw, I intervied on Dec. 3.

Hi guys,
I just logged into the portal and found that the cheklist shows up with items such as a checklist of pre-requisite courses. However, there is no matriculation agreement. What does this mean??
Btw, I intervied on Dec. 3.
Was it under the accepted student checklist.

Yes, it is under Accepted Student Checklist. But the matriculation agreement is not on yet. It says,
Matriculation Agreement

Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

I would say... CONGRATS! Mine on the other hand hasn't changed.FML+pity+

has anyone else from the 12/2 or 12/3 interviews had any change on their portal... mine still has nothing new :thumbdown: :(... is all hope lost?

Mine has no change either. I have already tied my noose.
has anyone else from the 12/2 or 12/3 interviews had any change on their portal... mine still has nothing new :thumbdown: :(... is all hope lost?

Nothing yet here either, but there's always the waiting list!?! (12/2 Interviewee!)

So... Out of the Dec. 2,3,4 interviews we have 1 confirmation. Any others?:poke:

I got my interview invitation during the 1st week of december.

thnks joh0472 for the info on interview. I need to find good answer for the questions like why pharmacy? why midwester? and so many other

Anybody interviewing January 8th?

So... Out of the Dec. 2,3,4 interviews we have 1 confirmation. Any others?:poke:

Received a letter today (Friday 12/18/09) that I have been placed on the Alternate List.

aarrghh "the waiting is the hardest part".

Anyone else receive a response one way or the other?

3.3 GPA/ 91 PCAT here, BioCHem from UCLA

Interviewing January 7th.

Who's joining me !!! :))

Last edited:

Whose joining me !!! :))

HAHA, WOA....UCLA!?! SO SMART! Did they teach you to write...

"whose" instead of who's(who is)

(ahem; triton rules)

just received a letter from mid western, saying i am put on hold. I guess my PCAT pulled me down :cool:
I guess I wont hear anything from them until the end of the cycle, either reject or interview. Any one has the same situation with me, correct me if I'm wrong.
have a great Saturday night every one

Last edited:
just received a letter from mid western, saying i am put on hold. I guess my PCAT pulled me down :cool:
I guess I wont hear anything from them until the end of the cycle, either reject or interview. Any one has the same situation with me, correct me if I'm wrong.
have a great Saturday night every one

I am put on hold too! So frustrating...

I am put on hold too! So frustrating...

be patient,at least we have not received the rejection letter.:rolleyes:
well, at first I like the school very much, but then I'm scared of the accelerated program (3 years) one of my best friend who is also going to a 3 year pharm school in Las vegas and she is dying :scared: .
I prefer 4 year school now
Im deserved to be put on hold because my Pcat is extremely low (RC: 6)
How many schools have you applied? did you hear anything from other school?
good luck to you,
luxubu

be patient,at least we have not received the rejection letter.:rolleyes:
well, at first I like the school very much, but then I'm scared of the accelerated program (3 years) one of my best friend who is also going to a 3 year pharm school in Las vegas and she is dying :scared: .
I prefer 4 year school now
Im deserved to be put on hold because my Pcat is extremely low (RC: 6)
How many schools have you applied? did you hear anything from other school?
good luck to you,
luxubu

Dont be too discouraged. A three year school is not actually that bad its preferable over a 4 year school since you start in June and you just keep going until you are done so no long breaks like for summer where you can forget everything. dont get the idea you dont get any breaks or anything cause every 10 weeks there is about 1 1/2 week break and plus you still get your usual thanksgiving and and christmas break. I am only speaking from experience.. yea 3 years is tough but in the long run you will be saving so much in that one year.

regarding the PCAT. honestly my PCAT score was proabably on par with yours (RC: ~10 or so) but i managed some how. So its not just about that. Hope that helps with everyone and good luck!

Dont be too discouraged. A three year school is not actually that bad its preferable over a 4 year school since you start in June and you just keep going until you are done so no long breaks like for summer where you can forget everything. dont get the idea you dont get any breaks or anything cause every 10 weeks there is about 1 1/2 week break and plus you still get your usual thanksgiving and and christmas break. I am only speaking from experience.. yea 3 years is tough but in the long run you will be saving so much in that one year.

regarding the PCAT. honestly my PCAT score was proabably on par with yours (RC: ~10 or so) but i managed some how. So its not just about that. Hope that helps with everyone and good luck!

Thanks, it does help :)

anyone from the Dec. 17th (and around then) interviews heard anything? :/

just so u all know there is a facebook page for midwestern cpg 2013 now

Whose joining me !!! :))

ME :D I'm from Florida, 3.64 GPA/86 PCAT. What hotel are you staying at?

I'm nervous now after hearing it's a group interview.

Hi, I'm planning to take the Super Shuttle from PHX to a hotel and back, and was wondering if we can get discount rates? On the suggested accommodations list that MWU provided, it said for us to indicate that we're interviewing with MWU and we should get special rates, but when I called Super Shuttle, they said that they're not showing any special rates and that I'd have to provide a discount code. Can someone please help? Thanks. :)

Hi, I'm planning to take the Super Shuttle from PHX to a hotel and back, and was wondering if we can get discount rates? On the suggested accommodations list that MWU provided, it said for us to indicate that we're interviewing with MWU and we should get special rates, but when I called Super Shuttle, they said that they're not showing any special rates and that I'd have to provide a discount code. Can someone please help? Thanks. :)

if you want a 3 $ discount from super shuttle you can google "super shuttle discount code" and they have a bunch on retailmenot and such sites. it's a small discount though :/ but if all else fails, there is that.

if you want a 3 $ discount from super shuttle you can google "super shuttle discount code" and they have a bunch on retailmenot and such sites. it's a small discount though :/ but if all else fails, there is that.

Thanks a lot, desklamp. :) It worked for me, and was actually $3 off both ways, so $6 total savings. :p Happy New Years. :)

Yah :D! I just got my interview invite in the email yesterday. I'm so happy. My interview date is on 1/15 Fri. Is anyone joining me?

I have a few questions:
1) What hotel would you recommend staying at?

2) Is it scary having a group interview with 3 people? I get flustered if I'm put in a group with a highly qualified candidate.

3) Is the essay difficult?

ME :D I'm from Florida, 3.64 GPA/86 PCAT. What hotel are you staying at?

I'm nervous now after hearing it's a group interview.

I am going to pick out the hotel today, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

I am going to pick out the hotel today, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

I'm staying at the crowne plaza at the airport. I looked in the three hotels that offer the shuttle to school but they seemed very over priced for the hotel quality, so I figured I rather just take a taxi and stay in a nicer hotel for the same price. Staying at a nicer place will make me more confident for the interview. you can always stay at the same place and we can have a drink the night before to relax and split the cost of the taxi ;)

I was just looking at the cost of living in glendale. It's SOOO cheap. I honestly think with the 3 year degree and the low cost of living this is becoming my top choice.