Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone get an email saying “your app is currently under review we’ll update you” just now?
Oh mine said I was rejected so this might be a good thing?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Ya I just got my rejection. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection as well. Oh well, I have an acceptance somewhere else that I’d rather go anyway so honestly it’s fine and now I am completely done with interviews!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejection 🤷🏻‍♀️ good luck everyone!

OOS rejection however I got into one of my top choices. congrats to everyone offered an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
that’s interesting! i’m wondering if the under review is like a waitlist interview type of thing then? or maybe they just haven’t looked at everybody yet?
It sounds like you're probably still being considered!

sooo.. what does that mean hahah if i didn’t get an interview but didn’t get a rejection

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like more people should have heard something...

Hi I’m needing some advice. I received a rejection letter today that indicated that I did not complete the full science requirements which is inaccurate. I completed all of the science requirements which was required for my bachelors in animal science. I graduated may of 2021. What should I do? Please help!!

Attachments

• 56863968-0348-4E61-8CFE-D498C4ABE8EE.png
    56863968-0348-4E61-8CFE-D498C4ABE8EE.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 5792F995-3C3A-41D3-BE50-7A4F6F2433F7.png
    5792F995-3C3A-41D3-BE50-7A4F6F2433F7.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 147
Hi I’m needing some advice. I received a rejection letter today that indicated that I did not complete the full science requirements which is inaccurate. I completed all of the science requirements which was required for my bachelors in animal science. I graduated may of 2021. What should I do? Please help!!
I got a similar email and i had the same issue with mississippi. I emailed them to correct the issue/look into it and then they fixed it and i was offered an interview.

So i emailed michigan, and hopefully i get an email back soon with some clarification. You should email them and ask for what specifically was lacking or if they missed something!

I got a similar email and i had the same issue with mississippi. I emailed them to correct the issue/look into it and then they fixed it and i was offered an interview.

So i emailed michigan, and hopefully i get an email back soon with some clarification. You should email them and ask for what specifically was lacking or if they missed something!
Do you mind me asking when you emailed Michigan regarding the inaccuracy?

Do you mind me asking when you emailed Michigan regarding the inaccuracy?
Just today when they sent out the rejections. They said i didnt fulfill academic requirements, etc.

Just today when they sent out the rejections. They said i didnt fulfill academic requirements, etc.
Sorry for all of the questions, but did they say what specific courses, or did they generalize? Sorry I’m currently torn up and not knowing what to do

Sorry for all of the questions, but did they say what specific courses, or did they generalize? Sorry I’m currently torn up and not knowing what to do
Thats okay! The email said
"The Committee on Student Admissions has completed the academic review of your application for admission to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Unfortunately, you did not meet the minimum academic requirements and will not be moving forward in the application process.

Our academic requirements include:

• Minimum of a ‘2.0’ or ‘C’ grade in each prerequisite
  • Minimum science prerequisite GPA of a 3.0
  • Minimum last 3 semesters completed GPA of a 3.0"

So i guess its more general and so im confused because i know i meet these requirements, so i asked them to specify what the issue was. Idk if itll change their minds at this point but its worth a try.

Thats okay! The email said
"The Committee on Student Admissions has completed the academic review of your application for admission to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Unfortunately, you did not meet the minimum academic requirements and will not be moving forward in the application process.

Our academic requirements include:

• Minimum of a ‘2.0’ or ‘C’ grade in each prerequisite
  • Minimum science prerequisite GPA of a 3.0
  • Minimum last 3 semesters completed GPA of a 3.0"

So i guess its more general and so im confused because i know i meet these requirements, so i asked them to specify what the issue was. Idk if itll change their minds at this point but its worth a try.
Could it be that you had a C- in one of the prerequisite courses? I'm just spitballing here

Could it be that you had a C- in one of the prerequisite courses? I'm just spitballing here
Nah, i retook any courses i had C-, but i retook them at different institutions so maybe they didnt put 2 and 2 together, idk.

Hi there! I am in the same situation. I believe that I have completed all of the science requirements, and this is a mistake. I emailed the suggested reply to email ([email protected]) asking for clarification as I believe it is a mistake. I have not heard back and do not anticipate to hear back. I think I am going to search for a phone number to call in the morning to see if I can at least get an explanation or specific course that they did not accept.

Hi there! I am in the same situation. I believe that I have completed all of the science requirements, and this is a mistake. I emailed the suggested reply to email ([email protected]) asking for clarification as I believe it is a mistake. I have not heard back and do not anticipate to hear back. I think I am going to search for a phone number to call in the morning to see if I can at least get an explanation or specific course that they did not accept.
Did you take all required math classes? That’s Wildpuppy’s problem is that they didn’t take a math class necessary. Are you positive you took all required labs?

not to get political but I hope for the safety of the students and faculty currently experiencing the fear of gun violence. may we hope for their safety and endurance during this terrible
time

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
We’re shaken for sure, but the CVM and adjoined VMC are locked down and safe, and the rest of campus is being swept and cleared. Prayers for all the victims and their families. Thank you for your thoughts.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
We’re shaken for sure, but the CVM and adjoined VMC are locked down and safe, and the rest of campus is being swept and cleared. Prayers for all the victims and their families. Thank you for your thoughts.
I hate that this has become a normality in our country. My heart is with MSU tonight.

Update: MSU had a shooting last night. 3 dead, 5 injured. Be prepared if things are delayed. Thoughts and prayers

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Did you take all required math classes? That’s Wildpuppy’s problem is that they didn’t take a math class necessary. Are you positive you took all required labs?
I am confident that I have taken all required courses. I intended to call today but do not anticipate anyone to be in office given the recent events on campus. Hoping to give them a call tomorrow and that it's not too late!

I am confident that I have taken all required courses. I intended to call today but do not anticipate anyone to be in office given the recent events on campus. Hoping to give them a call tomorrow and that it's not too late!
No one will be in office tomorrow, either. Campus is completely shut down for the next 48 hours besides for essential personnel. That may be extended until Monday, as well.

No one will be in office tomorrow, either. Campus is completely shut down for the next 48 hours besides for essential personnel. That may be extended until Monday, as well.
Thank you for the update! I truly do appreciate it.

Feb 21,23,24,28 march 2

thank you, i kinda am confused about what the point of not rejecting the people that got the vague email is for. their email in january said that the OOS interviews will happen the weeks of feb 20 and 27… so if they don’t plan on offering an interview why didn’t I get rejected