Miami 4th year Neuro Resident attacks Uber guy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this/should this incident effect anyones rank list? U Miami is an excellent top tier program, dont know what the repercussions of this viral incident will be in the public/professional eye.

Members don't see this ad.

She made a mistake. A terrible one. But losing her career over it is a bit too much.

I'm sure she never thought she would do something like that but she did. So don't judge too much! It can happen to any of us!
How many of you have been physically and verbally abusive to a stranger?
And then gloated in glee that you could get away with it?
And then did?

Reactions: 1 users
What is more believable, that she happened to be filmed during a one-time event during which she was slipped a drug she was unaware of (that made her all ragey, rather than knocking her out) or that she had a good buzz going along with a sense of entitlement and had a lapse in judgment and self control?

We have no evidence for either. We only have one video. So I'm agnostic. But I think you're judging a pattern of behavior based on the one video. I'm telling you that we don't have a pattern of behavior.

I mean, it's just common sense. How many people have you known that have gotten drunk and done things they've regretted over the years? Now how many have been given random drugs that sent them raging into the night?

Many and more than a few. I'm friends with many people who get activated by alcohol, not sedated. And that's just alcohol. I've given ativan , for example, and gotten quite a few paradoxical reactions. There are famous cases like that stupid Kennedy woman taking Ambien, then not sleeping and then driving around altered. So yes, it happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems she thought she was above everyone and social media brought her down to Earth with a rude awakening. Her father sounds like a terrible physician too. Note, those reviews were well before this incident

I pity you if you think anonymous internet reviews are the measure of a physician. And you're an absolute ***** if you think that even if her father was a sociopathic monster, that the sins of a parent stain the child. This is basically a type of bigotry, and increases the stigma of psychologic illnesses. Toxic hat trick.

Reactions: 2 users
I pity you if you think anonymous internet reviews are the measure of a physician. And you're an absolute ***** if you think that even if her father was a sociopathic monster, that the sins of a parent stain the child. This is basically a type of bigotry, and increases the stigma of psychologic illnesses. Toxic hat trick.
So an ad hom supports your point?
And in terms of reviews, sometimes there is a grain of truth in them.

Way to go with the ad hominem attack and the straw hat comment.
Where did I say anything about "dad is a monster, daughter is a no different?"
Of course anonymous reviews are just that, anonymous and should be taken with a grain of salt. The difference here is that those reviews came WELL BEFORE his little princess making a fool of herself for all to see. The point being that those reviews don't reflect his daughter's sins and likely are his own and only his own merit. 2 people leaving negative reviews about his personality and his perceived ability to be a physician, without a positive review to offset, may not mean a whole lot, but it is also concerning.

So an ad hom supports your point?
And in terms of reviews, sometimes there is a grain of truth in them.

There is usually a grain of truth on Mehmet Oz TV shows. But he's still a semi-criminal quack. And when patients watch him they get stupider.

So what's your point? Let's say you win: in this case the internet reviews (from the same people who loved the Titanic and made into a huge profit) are true. So her father really is terrible. Are you positing some sort of "three generations of idiots are enough" to say that his daughter has to be terrible as well? Is the reverse true as well? Does this mean that George Bush Jr was some sort of terrific president? Or that Chelsea Clinton will get a real job and cure cancer or invent a novel energy solution?

Way to go with the ad hominem attack and the straw hat comment.
Where did I say anything about "dad is a monster, daughter is a no different?"

Really? Do you not know the meaning of what you write? OK, let me break this down for you. When you say "Her father sounds like a terrible physician too. Note, those reviews were well before this incident," you are linking the two, and calling her out for having a father who could be a jerk. This is literally saying "it is also concerning" that he has negative reviews from the masses, so we should be concerned about her character as well.

I prefer to judge the person based on themselves, rather than their lineage. I don't see Prince Charles as a great leader capable of amazing feats of victory because of his lineage. He's a loon who talks to plants and loves Mehmet Oz's homeopathy. And yet at least one of his children doesn't seem like a total loser.

BTW, has it crossed your mind that anyone can go on an anonymous site? He has no positive review - so he didn't bother to give himself a good review or 5? And yet you put stock into this? You have interesting thought patterns.

How many of you have been physically and verbally abusive to a stranger?
And then gloated in glee that you could get away with it?
And then did?

She seemed perhaps like someone having a manic episode, who was frustrated that other people weren't playing along. We don't know that she was a spoiled, drunk girl.

As for relevancy to SDN, probably unlikely until more details come to light. E.g., maybe her residency schedule was tough, and she tried a stimulant.

Wow. Neglect is coming in hard with the defense. Wonder if they're close to the situation?

What makes me particularly sad and angry about this is that she had a spot in a very good training program, and was on the cusp of what could have been a productive, fulfilling career, and she threw it all away. When you think of all the unmatched IMGs (both US and non-US) who would have desperately wanted such a position and worked well in said position, it just becomes more despicable.

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2501554/Dr-BRIDGLAL-RAMKISSOON-Sebring-FL.html
This man who calls himself a "Dr." is an embarrassment to the medical field! The Hippocratic Oath states we in the medical field should care about our patients. While I was with my Epileptic daughter for an initial consult, I was appalled by his lack of concern for her well-being and current health issues. I wouldn't take my DOG to see him! He was rude, condescending, arrogant, haughty, and just down-right hateful! Never again!
--
Staff not helpful at all. Dr. is very distant and unfriendly.
I didn't say that he is a bad doctor and she is too.
You did.

Members don't see this ad :)
She has a hot little body though. Loved that swim suit pic.
Crazy and all I don't thing she should loose her career for this.
Psych help maybe but not all she's worked for

Really? Do you not know the meaning of what you write? OK, let me break this down for you. When you say "Her father sounds like a terrible physician too. Note, those reviews were well before this incident," you are linking the two, and calling her out for having a father who could be a jerk. This is literally saying "it is also concerning" that he has negative reviews from the masses, so we should be concerned about her character as well.

I prefer to judge the person based on themselves, rather than their lineage. I don't see Prince Charles as a great leader capable of amazing feats of victory because of his lineage. He's a loon who talks to plants and loves Mehmet Oz's homeopathy. And yet at least one of his children doesn't seem like a total loser.

BTW, has it crossed your mind that anyone can go on an anonymous site? He has no positive review - so he didn't bother to give himself a good review or 5? And yet you put stock into this? You have interesting thought patterns.

Yeah, people write negative stuff for ****s and giggles.
The reason for making that distinction is that it is easy for trolls to find anyone with that last name and write a negative review just because of association.
I didn't call him terrible. I said he sounded terrible. There is a distinction. I didn't call her out for having a father who could be a jerk, that was YOU projecting your thoughts into something that wasn't directly or even indirectly inferred.
People don't go out of their way to write negative reviews unless you give them a strong reason to do so. Most times, people don't leave reviews period. It's difficult to get anyone to leave even a positive review and hence quite a few practices will bribe patients with discount offers (I know of several dental practices in the area that do this) just to get patients to leave a review in general.

She has a hot little body though. Loved that swim suit pic.
Crazy and all I don't thing she should loose her career for this.
Psych help maybe but not all she's worked for

Even if she is allowed to finish residency, good luck getting a job anywhere except some rural access hospital where I'm sure they'd love to actually have a Neurologist.

Maybe doctor4life is her doctor boyfriend... Or ex after this :O

Reactions: 1 user
Here's the deal, folks. In a way, I feel bad for her. She's blown it- big time. That being said, as a physician, it is made absolutely clear to you at multiple points during your training what the repercussions of behavior like this can be. Fact of the matter is, she's not just some drunken college rando getting sloppy at a frat party. She's a physician, and as physicians, we accepted a different set of standards when we accepted our white coats. The professionalism required for patients to trust us with their lives doesn't just end at the hospital door. Sure- we've all had our nights, I'm sure, but there's a line between being sloppy drunk in a private setting and the extremes to which she went in a public setting. Many of us, myself included, have had one too many at some point in our lives, but there's a difference between making a fool of yourself at a friend's house and effectively physically assaulting an Uber driver in public. It's not college and you're not 21 anymore, where the worst that might happen to you is Facebook humiliation or a minor citation that ultimately gets swept under the rug as a youthful indiscretion.

If you haven't learned by age 30 that there's a time and a place for things, and that this level of public drunkenness (or whatever she may be under the influence of) could jeopardize your career, let alone your professional reputation, you seriously need to reevaluate your maturity level. Period.

It's unfortunate, but at best, she's looking at participating in the impaired physician's program to keep her license, difficulty securing a fellowship (or keeping it if she has a position), and ultimately finding a job, even if she's allowed to complete residency. That being said, it's a consequence she accepted by allowing herself to end up in this scenario. Was it crappy of her friends to not help the girl out? Sure. Does she ultimately hold responsibility for her actions, however? Absolutely.

Let it be a reminder to you that it only takes ONE TIME to lose everything you worked for. One extra cocktail and a speeding ticket leading to a DUI, one night's indiscretion banking on the idea that "they never run drug screens," one Facebook rant about a patient that gets shared enough administration sees it, one public meltdown in front of just about anyone with a cell phone and it's all gone. Guess what is going to come up for a VERY long time whenever someone Googles her name? To quote The Social Network: "The internet is written in ink." It's up to you to decide if the risk is worth it. Accept the risk, and the outcome is on you.

Reactions: 6 users
Regardless of whether University of Miami is a "top tier" program, she is not a University of Miami resident. She is a Jackson Health System resident.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/brickell/article55914035.html

There is only ONE neurology residency in miami. The jackson memorial health system is the university of miami. As per ERAS, the JMHS program director is Dr. Tornes. The website noted takes you to the university of miami page.

Huh. Pretty lame press release, then. Also pretty lame if the residents actually have no university affiliation. Those are helpful with some grants, educational discounts, loans, etc.

Huh. Pretty lame press release, then. Also pretty lame if the residents actually have no university affiliation. Those are helpful with some grants, educational discounts, loans, etc.

I don't know why they said that. It was just a desperate PR move I believe.

They definitely have university affiliation. All residents work at the University of Miami Hospital, wear the University of Miami logo on their white coats, and receive all the event ticket discounts that UM faculty/students do. All of the faculty are the teachers for the UM medical school.

Yeah, people write negative stuff for ****s and giggles.

Yes, they actually do. Or they do so because you didn't give them percocet for their migraine and medication overuse headache, which happened to me, AND the patient called me a racist as well. You act like you've never met a person with a personality disorder, or can't imagine a patient having one. They LOVE sites where they can become anomymous, attack, and face no accountability. The sites attract malignant people, not normal ones, who are likely to rub the doctor the wrong way to start with. So, in short, I've stopped googling my name. Physicians are under attack from many angles, these sites are one of them. They very much harm patient care.

And it isn't just me. I'm also a patient, so I looked up my PCP to find that this kind, caring, really decent doctor was subject to the same sort of hurtful libel. The reviews seemed written by someone with a 3rd grade education.

I didn't call her out for having a father who could be a jerk, that was YOU projecting your thoughts into something that wasn't directly or even indirectly inferred.

Wrong. You mentioned her father's internet reviews. While this is clearly a soft spot for me, having been personally victimized by the masses, I'm seeing this clearly and you are not. In mentioning her father's internet reviews, you MADE THEM GERMANE. This is hardly even implicit. You mentioned them explicitly, as some sort of illogical emotional bolstering fallacy.

So in short, you're a fool if you don't see that, and so I write for everyone else. To mention X is support of Y is to make X germane to Y. When you're called on this, you deny your own arguement.

Back to the overall point: this young physician had a bad night. Is this the result of one bad drunk/intoxicated/drugged night or is it pattern of behavior? I don't know. Unless you know her, you don't know either. If you don't know, be like Wittgenstein: stop speaking (after you look up my reference).

So I'm not going to throw stones unless I know. I'm not as free to shame someone I don't know, namelessly, over the internet as you are.

We have no evidence for either. We only have one video. So I'm agnostic. But I think you're judging a pattern of behavior based on the one video. I'm telling you that we don't have a pattern of behavior.

Many and more than a few. I'm friends with many people who get activated by alcohol, not sedated. And that's just alcohol. I've given ativan , for example, and gotten quite a few paradoxical reactions. There are famous cases like that stupid Kennedy woman taking Ambien, then not sleeping and then driving around altered. So yes, it happens.

Are you referring to Patrick Kennedy? The US rep with a history of cocaine and alcohol abuse that was also present (but doesn't remember) when his cousin raped a girl, then months later allegedly took ambien and phenergan and got in a car and crashed it, then continued to use drugs despite repeated "rehabilitation" efforts?

Despite his obvious history (not "these things just happen"), some might think people like politicians and doctors should be held to a higher standard for public behavior because they are professionals.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/anjal...age-boyfriend-neurologist-hospital-family/11/

According to her Instagram page, Ramkissoon was seriously injured in a car crash about three years ago. On the anniversary of the crash she posted these photos and wrote "I am truly lucky to be alive and this is a gentle reminder that your life can change in the blink of an eye. Live life to the fullest, take care of yourself, love yourself, love others. She added #secondchance

Yes, they actually do. Or they do so because you didn't give them percocet for their migraine and medication overuse headache, which happened to me, AND the patient called me a racist as well. You act like you've never met a person with a personality disorder, or can't imagine a patient having one. They LOVE sites where they can become anomymous, attack, and face no accountability.
So in short, you're a fool if you don't see that, and so I write for everyone else. To mention X is support of Y is to make X germane to Y. When you're called on this, you deny your own arguement.

Back to the overall point: this young physician had a bad night. Is this the result of one bad drunk/intoxicated/drugged night or is it pattern of behavior? I don't know. Unless you know her, you don't know either. If you don't know, be like Wittgenstein: stop speaking (after you look up my reference).

So I'm not going to throw stones unless I know. I'm not as free to shame someone I don't know, namelessly, over the internet as you are.
Another ad hom attack.
In terms of internet reviews, not every one is written by someone who is completely off base.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chick+fil+a+bully

CFO of company gets fired over chick fil a video. Can't get another job after years.
So it's not about being held to higher standards due to our jobs.

Some might argue a CFO should maintain professionalism outside the workplace as well. However. I don't disagree with seeing distaste in the piling-on. I'm willing to bet a large amount of money that people who are involved with Internet hate as it were, have also done some off-color things.

New website out called anjaliramkissoon.org

WOW!

Now that is some insane level of cyberstalking...way more than a poster who replied above to someone who simply posted a Neuro PDF listing the class of 2016.

This is actually quite scary. The amont of information/fervor that website generating is insane.

I am actually starting to feel more sorry for her now. Yes she may be an entitled, pretty chick who was caught being abusive...but this level of stalking is incredible and there are some very scary things that can happen with cyber bullying/hate that may be directed against her.

The Chick Fil A bully is a good example that he has no job still...and this level of exposure which is on a massive national scale is quite scary for her.

As someone already said...her actions are totally her own but the internet/social media hate is truly growing to incredible heights....

I don't know how inebriated the resident was. Some people will amaze you w/ how they hold their liquor. It appears, by her general behavior, however, that this may be at her core thinking/behavior, and the ETOH just reduced her inhibitions. But it is kind of sucky her friend was busy recording her behavior, but he didn't take the time to try to get her to chill a bit. Yea, some people don't listen anyway, but sometimes the right nudge helps.

Sure. It's probably not completely over for her. I think she just made it all a lot harder, but who knows? Maybe her daddy knows people in high or various places. Nothing like enabling such behavior in your children, especially as professionals. The sad part is if she doesn't learn or change.

Doesn't mean he's right. He's wrong about the why the 1st amendment was designed, so...

Obviously not a lawyer myself but it would be interesting to see a lawyer's opinion on case law/precedence over libel/defamation and where the line is drawn.

But I guarantee there will be emails/phone calls/etc. to her and her residency from internet idiots who may make threatening statements/harassing statements...and if this is the case lawyers may have something on that website...though it will be hard to prove a criminal case...a civil case may be able to go to court and they may try to shut that website down. We'll see as this develops.

But one thing is for sure....in the forseeable future her career/life is now in ruins. Did she deserve ALL of this? Maybe not.

But this hopefully serves as a warning to others to not be abusive to anyone in this age of constant social media/recordings.

Are you referring to Patrick Kennedy? The US rep with a history of cocaine and alcohol abuse that was also present (but doesn't remember) when his cousin raped a girl, then months later allegedly took ambien and phenergan and got in a car and crashed it, then continued to use drugs despite repeated "rehabilitation" efforts?

Despite his obvious history (not "these things just happen"), some might think people like politicians and doctors should be held to a higher standard for public behavior because they are professionals.

With Kennedies and substance use, I am sorry for not being more specific. Was speaking about Kerry Kennedy.

@GroverPsychMD - waiting for a salient point.

I've never seen anyone defend a stranger who is clearly in the wrong with the fervor that Neglect has shown here.
Are you that Miami resident? Friends with her? Just hoping to score a date with a hot chick?
If it's the latter, good luck and wear a cup.

With Kennedies and substance use, I am sorry for not being more specific. Was speaking about Kerry Kennedy.

@GroverPsychMD - waiting for a salient point.

Appreciate your posts as well as the other one above that was well-liked by many. I do admit my initial gut reaction was to jump to a stereotyped persona based on the video, and her looks/social media pics. But I was glad to catch myself and step back from the initial anger and look at things more rationally (and as a psych in training I better not be jumping to conclusions/judgements).

It may be true that she is an 'entitled, self absorbed' chick or it may not. Or she could be the best neurologist to her patients for all we know and this was one night that, for whatever reason (health, job, relationship, family, etc.), stress added compounded by possible etoh/substance led to this reaction.

The truth is most often somewhere in-between the two extremes. Though I think when things like this go viral and all the hate come out against her...it's likely due to the fact that we, as people, many times know people who personify or embody bullying/abuse/entitlement/etc. and she has now, in the public eye, become more than just a human being like all of us with our faults and greatness....but has become a symbol of "bad doctor" or "entitle, pretty bullying chick" or whatever the case may be. And so she is getting lots of hate.

Yes, I no longer feel a little bit sorry for her, for I fear her daddy will continue to take care of everything, and she and her career will be just fine. She will just lay low for a while, but her daddy knows people and has some money and influence, and so you know how that goes. Maybe he will be tough with her. At 28, he can only do so much, and he may not be willing to do what he needs to do; that is, let her face the consequences so that she can actually grow up. If he were willing to do that, he would not have settled with Uber driver. I mean she was downright abusive and spiteful--destroying property--letting records fly out the door, trashing his iPhone, and I mean, she just kept on going. I agree with the anesthesiologist who said basically he messed up by not locking his doors. She did that b/c she knew she could get away with it. And daddy proved her belief. The behavior is beyond obnoxious, and if my kid as a 10 year old behaved in such a manner, she'd be getting serious help ASAP, along with some serious consequences--as well as some kind of intensely supervised community service.

Yes, they actually do. Or they do so because you didn't give them percocet for their migraine and medication overuse headache, which happened to me, AND the patient called me a racist as well. You act like you've never met a person with a personality disorder, or can't imagine a patient having one. They LOVE sites where they can become anomymous, attack, and face no accountability. The sites attract malignant people, not normal ones, who are likely to rub the doctor the wrong way to start with. So, in short, I've stopped googling my name. Physicians are under attack from many angles, these sites are one of them. They very much harm patient care.

And it isn't just me. I'm also a patient, so I looked up my PCP to find that this kind, caring, really decent doctor was subject to the same sort of hurtful libel. The reviews seemed written by someone with a 3rd grade education.

Wrong. You mentioned her father's internet reviews. While this is clearly a soft spot for me, having been personally victimized by the masses, I'm seeing this clearly and you are not. In mentioning her father's internet reviews, you MADE THEM GERMANE. This is hardly even implicit. You mentioned them explicitly, as some sort of illogical emotional bolstering fallacy.

I didn't bring up her father's review. Someone else had and I posted in reply. I didn't even know her dad was a doctor until it was brought up.

I have had my fair share of patients with personality disorders and I have declined to write for percs, Xanax, etc and I have yet to have spotted a negative review. We also have inhouse surveys that patients do of us and I get nothing but 5 stars. So, I highly doubt it had to do with the lack of writing for scripts but more to do with the delivery, which seems to coincide with her dad's review too. Feel free to assume what you'd like (that they're bogus) and I'll feel free to assume there may be some (but not necessarily complete) element of truth.

Appreciate your posts as well as the other one above that was well-liked by many. I do admit my initial gut reaction was to jump to a stereotyped persona based on the video, and her looks/social media pics. But I was glad to catch myself and step back from the initial anger and look at things more rationally (and as a psych in training I better not be jumping to conclusions/judgements).

It may be true that she is an 'entitled, self absorbed' chick or it may not. Or she could be the best neurologist to her patients for all we know and this was one night that, for whatever reason (health, job, relationship, family, etc.), stress added compounded by possible etoh/substance led to this reaction.

The truth is most often somewhere in-between the two extremes. Though I think when things like this go viral and all the hate come out against her...it's likely due to the fact that we, as people, many times know people who personify or embody bullying/abuse/entitlement/etc. and she has now, in the public eye, become more than just a human being like all of us with our faults and greatness....but has become a symbol of "bad doctor" or "entitle, pretty bullying chick" or whatever the case may be. And so she is getting lots of hate.

She's not 16 fresh off her Sweet 16 party or even 18 who is out and about her first night away in college.
She is in the 28-30 range and 6 mo from being a board eligible/certified independent practicing Neurologist. She should have developed enough common sense to know her limits and to not act a fool and commit real crimes like she did. Whatever her deal was that night, she needs professional help.

Throughout residency they tell you to be careful of what you post on social media and what you do at work and when not at work. Apparently, she forgot all about that.

Last edited:
Just saw the website.
I guess some people have nothing better to do than concoct hate posts and websites. Ridiculous.

Wow, this portion of SDN is usually dead and this is what it takes to shake things up a bit? As for online review BS, Google" McKee vs. Laurion". Ironically, this was a case involving a neurologist and apparently the high courts decided that the first amendment protects one's right to call a doctor a "tool" online and that is not considered defamation? Anyways, I digress.

Way back in my residency, there was an attending at my hospital that got himself into a little road rage incident. I'll just call him "Bob". Short story, Bob did jail time for a felony charge, went before his state medical board (they ultimately decided to let him keep his license), and without violating his privacy I cannot go into much detail as how this screwed his career more so than the average physician. Truth is, I thought the he was one of the most egotistical, self-centered, arrogant pricks that I ever met in my career (I probably just gave away his specialty by that description alone). Take any jerk that you think you might know and amplify it by ten and that was this guy!

In a strange way, I think this was the best thing to ever happen to Bob as the incident brought him back down to Earth and from what others have said, he had made a genuine effort to tone it down afterward. I would be afraid to think of what kind of person he would have become if he kept going the way he was going. So he gets to still practice medicine today but for any of you here that are attendings, as you know, he has a permanent "black eye". I am not aware of any state licensing boards that do not query criminal history. Every hospital credentialing board asks the same.

I recently thought about Bob whenever this Anjali Ramkissoon case came up because I thought to myself, what if some bystander videotaped Bob's whole road rage incident and blasted it over youtube? After his incident, I imagine he had a handful of bad online reviews but not hundreds? thousands? Hey, if you want to entertain yourself, go to your state medical board website and read disciplinary actions. Those characters do end up on local news and are locally shamed, but not the whole world over.

As a human being, I would hope that she learns her lesson and takes this opportunity re-evaluate herself. That being stated, she will have to work extra hard to do so and it is going to take her years to rebuild her reputation. She is VERY LUCKY that no major civil actions were filed against her (can't say the same for my "friend" Bob). If I were her friend, family member, academic advisor, etc. I would recommend that she meet with an attorney and a professional PR person and come out with a very well drawn out and sincere public apology. That would be the first step towards rebuilding herself. At the end of the day, nobody is perfect, but she needs to own up to this eventually.

Going back to what I had posted earlier in this thread. It would seem as if everything we say or do is not private anymore. BE ON YOUR GUARD ALWAYS! You might be at a bar with your friends and NOT be drunk, not assault an Uber driver, but perhaps your conversation will be overheard? Can anybody here honestly say that they NEVER said anything in their life that if overheard might have been taking out of context or misinterpreted? You all are (or will be) public figures and your reputation and character can (and will) be easily attacked at times, so watch yourselves! Take Care!

Just saw the website.
I guess some people have nothing better to do than concoct hate posts and websites. Ridiculous.

The website needs to come down. I mean. I think she needs to face the music, but that tune should be played by university of Miami neurology, not some loose cannon with free time and a webpage.

Coming from the dental forums here. We had our own black eye last year with the dentist lion hunter, and his activity actually had no bearing on his ability to practice dentistry.

This woman's actions make me concerned for any of her future patients. There is no way I would send anyone I care about to her. Her inability to control her rage, her childish antics, and the fact that she could behave so cavalierly unprofessional in full public view makes me question her judgment as well as her ethics.

Imagine for a moment if the Uber driver had been a woman, and this neurologist had been a man. Putting the court of public opinion aside, the male version of the neurologist would almost certainly have been charged with assault. In some states, it is mandatory to charge someone with assault / domestic violence if the police are called to the scene and the state prosecutes despite the victim's disposition. Courts and the police are notoriously lenient on female perpetrators of assault, but particularly aggressive in charging males. This physician was banking on that fact, hence the flippant remarks about not caring if anyone calls 9-1-1 because it doesn't matter as she is too small (5' and 100 lbs. she informs us) to be considered a viable threat by any "reasonable" officer arriving on the scene.

Many posters here are assuming that this is the only incident in which this woman lost control, and that she was just unlucky enough to have been filmed during this episode. I believe that this is a highly unlikely assumption, and based upon her behavior I would say that she has a pattern of doing this kind of thing. I dated a woman like this once, and it is the most frustrating thing in the world to be assaulted repeatedly and told "because you're a man and twice my size I can do as I please and you can't do anything in response, neener, neener, neener."

This resident had every opportunity to walk away from this situation and she did not. She continued to escalate, provoke, and commit multiple criminal actions. She is lucky the driver is not pressing charges, and anyone who then assaults the police officers on the scene is normally slapped with AT LEAST a misdemeanor resisting charge! Many of you are making this out to be a single isolated incident. Sure, we've all made mistakes, but she tripled, even quadrupled down on this one. Making a mistake is driving too fast or failure to stop at a sign. You don't then run from the cops or assault them when they arrest you as that is criminal behavior!

This woman has absolutely no business being a physician. She will be a huge liability not just to her patients, but to any future employer or partner. There are simply some things you can't and shouldn't just be able to come back from. Rape, child molestation, and physical assault are ALL big red flags on any application. Why should this be handled any differently than any other instance of physical assault? If this had happened before med school who exactly would have accepted her into their program?

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone defend a stranger who is clearly in the wrong with the fervor that Neglect has shown here.

I just dislike seeing the self appointed righteous engage in internet bullying and specious reasoning like "she must be toxic based on 5 minutes I saw." Bullying is sadly common in medicine. It is common for weak upper levels to direct bullying tactics against strong lower levels, but it is also common for the morally righteous to engage in the same.

Could not have said it better. It might be that she's an utter monster: borderline, narcissism, cluster B. Or it might not. She might have been sober or drugged. We have so little information that it's actually amusing to see people on here fill in the missing information based on "her father has bad reviews too." Grab the torches!

I didn't bring up her father's review. Someone else had and I posted in reply. I didn't even know her dad was a doctor until it was brought up.

I have had my fair share of patients with personality disorders and I have declined to write for percs, Xanax, etc and I have yet to have spotted a negative review. We also have inhouse surveys that patients do of us and I get nothing but 5 stars. So, I highly doubt it had to do with the lack of writing for scripts but more to do with the delivery, which seems to coincide with her dad's review too. Feel free to assume what you'd like (that they're bogus) and I'll feel free to assume there may be some (but not necessarily complete) element of truth.

Wow, you are a wonderful doctor. Really amazing. And I love how you're so modest about it. I hope those reviews make you feel good. Sadly, your happy patients have increased mortality. And sadly those lovely feelings you get from patient feedback won't last. Steel yourself for bad reviews as you have to see more people per hour, and have all the accountability and responsibility. Or ignore it as the noise that it is. My personal metric of a good doctor is to tell people what they don't want to hear. If they hear you correctly, the fools will get angry. So good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.