Mercy College DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By May 16th you must decide if you want to stay on the waitlist or not. I was also waitlisted and got that email. I am choosing to stay on it, hoping to get called. Good Luck!

Thanks. Good luck, what other schools you considernig?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. Good luck, what other schools you considernig?
I applied pretty late so I got waitlisted at a few schools.
Rutgers South (I rejected them)

University of Pitt & Chatham U (Both in PA)
LIU & Mercy
Only really considering LIU & Mercy though, hbu??

Is there anyone here that is not wait listed but still has not heard a decision yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from them... I emailed Dr. Hyland twice but she only answered my first email.

It's really strange. During the interview they said we would hear by April 8th. Then when I e-mail the grad assistant, they keep saying I'm still being considered. I guess I'm wondering until when do they keep us under consideration. I have left messagea to the office. I suppose its worth a shot to email Dr. Hyland directly. Thanks!

It's really strange. During the interview they said we would hear by April 8th. Then when I e-mail the grad assistant, they keep saying I'm still being considered. I guess I'm wondering until when do they keep us under consideration. I have left messagea to the office. I suppose its worth a shot to email Dr. Hyland directly. Thanks!

Yea, I interviewed Jan 5th!...I feel like we are on the wait list for the wait list LOL.... This is my 2nd time applying and they rejected me faster last time haha.... Still praying for this time around!

Yea, I interviewed Jan 5th!...I feel like we are on the wait list for the wait list LOL.... This is my 2nd time applying and they rejected me faster last time haha.... Still praying for this time around!

I really hope it's more like we are in a better boat than the waitlisters. If this is your 2nd time applying, do you think you did better this time around on the interview? I have a low GPA but I felt I interviewed very well and have working experience. The GPA on the last 30 credits of my bachelors was good also. I just wish there was a clearer protocol for the admissions process once it passes May 1st -=/

I really hope it's more like we are in a better boat than the waitlisters. If this is your 2nd time applying, do you think you did better this time around on the interview? I have a low GPA but I felt I interviewed very well and have working experience. The GPA on the last 30 credits of my bachelors was good also. I just wish there was a clearer protocol for the admissions process once it passes May 1st -=/

Yea im praying, but my GPA is low too except for the last 30 which is pretty high....I have a bachelors but ended up going to a PTA program the year after I didn't get accepted and am currently a licensed PTA.... I was hoping that being able to get through a PTA program and passing the exam would help my chances... I also thought I interviewed well and I been in the field for 6yrs so far.... If i dont get in this time then it's def my GPA holding me back which would be hard for me to repair since I took too many credits.

Only thing that might help my chances is retaking the GRE and get a high grade for that

Yea im praying, but my GPA is low too except for the last 30 which is pretty high....I have a bachelors but ended up going to a PTA program the year after I didn't get accepted and am currently a licensed PTA.... I was hoping that being able to get through a PTA program and passing the exam would help my chances... I also thought I interviewed well and I been in the field for 6yrs so far.... If i dont get in this time then it's def my GPA holding me back which would be hard for me to repair since I took too many credits.

Only thing that might help my chances is retaking the GRE and get a high grade for that
I see what you're saying. I emailed Dr. Hyland this morning, she did not get back to me yet. Keep you posted.

Reactions: 1 user
I see what you're saying. I emailed Dr. Hyland this morning, she did not get back to me yet. Keep you posted.
No reply. I left a voice message today with the general graduate admissions office (Erica). The PT line is not answering.

Did they get back to you?
After emailing dr. Hyland, the grad student, and the lady for graduate admissions, the grad student replied saying I'm still under consideration and that they are not sure when the final decision deadline is, though they imagine it to be soon.

Is it just me, or ??? Lol. I emailed back asking for more concrete info.

After emailing dr. Hyland, the grad student, and the lady for graduate admissions, the grad student replied saying I'm still under consideration and that they are not sure when the final decision deadline is, though they imagine it to be soon.

Is it just me, or ??? Lol. I emailed back asking for more concrete info.

Yea, that's weird...a buddy of mine works there as a student advisor and told me there were people who got accepted like really close to the start of the program... Who knows lol... He keeps saying no news is good news so I guess we gotta keep praying haha

Yea, that's weird...a buddy of mine works there as a student advisor and told me there were people who got accepted like really close to the start of the program... Who knows lol... He keeps saying no news is good news so I guess we gotta keep praying haha

I called today and was told I didnt get in. They said a letter was going out tomorrow, though I find it hard to believe. I truly think they are not organized, given that I called often, left voicemails once or twice a month and emailed key people. The only person who ever responded was the grad student who was always in the dark. Even the girl who told me on the phone thought I applied too late, that they 'usually admit people a year in advance' But I reassured her it was for this fall and that I indeed applied in time. She seemed either confused or embarassed.

I called today and was told I didnt get in. They said a letter was going out tomorrow, though I find it hard to believe. I truly think they are not organized, given that I called often, left voicemails once or twice a month and emailed key people. The only person who ever responded was the grad student who was always in the dark. Even the girl who told me on the phone thought I applied too late, that they 'usually admit people a year in advance' But I reassured her it was for this fall and that I indeed applied in time. She seemed either confused or embarassed.

I applied like in January. I got an interview in late February. One of the last days of interviews I heard. Like everyone else, I was told we would know in a month. And yet here we are...

I would follow up w the admissions office pretty much every other week a month after they told me we would have heard by now. And I'm getting attitude from their team. Acting as though I am not in the right to ask for my status. You could tell they got annoyed, but honestly get yourself organized and apologize through the roof to the people paying app $ for your salary.

Anyway, 3 weeks ago I emailed a faculty member instead. They said they inquired about it but the head in charge was out that week. Okay, so now 3 weeks later I'm still unaware of my status.

I get it. Probably not accepted. But stop holding onto me for months.