Mercy College DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Linure

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been accepted to Mercy College this cycle? Ive been trying to find more information about the program and would appreciate it if I could gain more insight on what the program is really like and whether it is worth attending. :)
The facilities weren't super impressive when I went to interview but I'd like to know whether the program itself is good and whether the professors actually care about their students.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! I went for an interview but still haven't heard. Can I ask when you found out? I have a friend there currently and likes the program. I know they just opened up a new space for their medical programs in January.

Congrats on your acceptance! I went for an interview but still haven't heard. Can I ask when you found out? I have a friend there currently and likes the program. I know they just opened up a new space for their medical programs in January.

I interviewed in December (forgot exact date) and found out about 2 weeks after that. Hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else been accepted to Mercy College this cycle? Ive been trying to find more information about the program and would appreciate it if I could gain more insight on what the program is really like and whether it is worth attending. :)
The facilities weren't super impressive when I went to interview but I'd like to know whether the program itself is good and whether the professors actually care about their students.
...interviewed in November. Have to think about the acceptance response also. That I know for sure - if you'r PTA/OTA already, you would handle classes. If not - will be hard.

hi, I am interviewing at mercy on this coming wednesday and i was wondering if you could let me know how the interview process is there/ maybe some questions they may have asked you. i am super interested in attending mercy this coming fall! thanks

I rejected Mercy, and hope it helps someone. Weekend format, is not what i'm looking for. best of luck. There is another form with Mercy interview tips

hi, I am interviewing at mercy on this coming wednesday and i was wondering if you could let me know how the interview process is there/ maybe some questions they may have asked you. i am super interested in attending mercy this coming fall! thanks

You don't have to check another thread, I'll help you here. The interview is given by 2 professors, and you're with 2 other applicants. It lasts nearly an hour and they've asked questions in no specific order as to whom answered. They asked why mercy beside its a weekend format, your strengths and weaknesses, why physical therapy instead of another health related field, and they ended with a group question. You and the other two applicants are given a question to answer. They give you 5 minutes to brainstorm. Our question was along the lines of if we were the class representatives how would we make it comfortable to relate towards one another. After they give you time to ask questions to them regarding the program. They write notes down on papers right across from you and it seems intimidating. Overall though it was a good interview process. I hope this helps you and good luck!

You don't have to check another thread, I'll help you here. The interview is given by 2 professors, and you're with 2 other applicants. It lasts nearly an hour and they've asked questions in no specific order as to whom answered. They asked why mercy beside its a weekend format, your strengths and weaknesses, why physical therapy instead of another health related field, and they ended with a group question. You and the other two applicants are given a question to answer. They give you 5 minutes to brainstorm. Our question was along the lines of if we were the class representatives how would we make it comfortable to relate towards one another. After they give you time to ask questions to them regarding the program. They write notes down on papers right across from you and it seems intimidating. Overall though it was a good interview process. I hope this helps you and good luck!
Thank you so much !

Thanks for the insight for the interview! I have my interview on Saturday, hoping to go to Mercy.

Does anybody know when we are supposed to hear back after interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to admission status do anyone if they will call or send the letter? Thank You.

Has anybody who interviewed two weeks ago heard back yet?

I had my interview on the 25th and I haven't heard back yet

Has anyone else heard back? I interviewed February 22nd. On the Website they list April 30th as the decision date. But most people hear back before then. Just wondering if anyone that wasn't early admission has heard anything.

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard back? I interviewed February 22nd. On the Website they list April 30th as the decision date. But most people hear back before then. Just wondering if anyone that wasn't early admission as heard anything.

Hello, i interviewed on the same day 22nd and i have not received or heard anything from them. As per Dr. Hyland, all applicants will be notified starting next week.

so you're saying we should all find out about our decision this coming week? or the process is beginning this week?

Wow that's a big difference from what I heard from the program because our interviewers had told us we should hear back after March 15th. (which was obviously a little vague because it could be anytime from then until April 30th I'm guessing. I'm sure everyone else is anxious to hear back so whoever hear's back first let us know when we should be expecting acceptance/denial letters.

so you're saying we should all find out about our decision this coming week? or the process is beginning this week?
The admission process begins this week and it goes till the second week of April.

Wow that's a big difference from what I heard from the program because our interviewers had told us we should hear back after March 15th. (which was obviously a little vague because it could be anytime from then until April 30th I'm guessing. I'm sure everyone else is anxious to hear back so whoever hear's back first let us know when we should be expecting acceptance/denial letters.[/QUOT

When I interviewed Dr. Hyland said the same thing after March 15; however, from previous years all applicants were notified 1st and 2nd week of April. Perhaps, we can call the department and ask about the admission status. I am anxious as well, hopefully we get good news. take care

I just received a phone call and was accepted. They are mailing a package out with my information tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Hope you all hear good news

I just received a phone call and was accepted. They are mailing a package out with my information tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Hope you all hear good news
If you don't mind me asking, were you an early admission applicant or in the regular admission pool? Congrats on the acceptance, though, I hope I get the same news!!

Congratulations, i dont even know you but i am happy for you lol. Wish you all the best and i hope i get the phone call.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't mind me asking, were you an early admission applicant or in the regular admission pool? Congrats on the acceptance, though, I hope I get the same news!!
I do believe is the regular admission pool

Thank you! I was told I was an Early admission during my interview ( it wasn't my intention to be one lol) I interviewed back in beginning of December =/ Nothing like waiting for over 3 months to hear lol

Thank you! I was told I was an Early admission during my interview ( it wasn't my intention to be one lol) I interviewed back in beginning of December =/ Nothing like waiting for over 3 months to hear lol
I do believe they already called those who were accepted on the early admission, if you were not called, they will put you in the regular admission pool. Hope you get the phone call. Perhaps, you should call the DPT department and ask them, all the best>.

I do believe they already called those who were accepted on the early admission, if you were not called, they will put you in the regular admission pool. Hope you get the phone call. Perhaps, you should call the DPT department and ask them, all the best>.
lol I was accepted yesterday.

Not yet... I'm constantly sitting by the phone and checking my mail lol. Hopefully we hear something soon!

I also interviewed early December (the 7th) . I wonder if I was also placed as an early admission candidate even though I applied regular admission.

If you interviewed before the January deadline, you were interviewed as an early admission applicant. Good Luck!

Thanks for the responses. I have not heard back either and I was interviewed Feb 22 too.

Thanks for the responses. I have not heard back either and I was interviewed Feb 22 too.
I was interviewed Feb 22nd as well and i have not heard anything yet. What i know is that, if Mercy offers you a seat, you will get a phone call from the DPT department within this week and the first week of April. You will also get a phone call if you get on the waiting list.

Last edited:
I called the school and asked about the status of my application. I was told that I was not on the acceptance list or the waitlist...and I should await a 'letter' in mail. Basically I was rejected. Best of luck to everyone else though.

I called the school and asked about the status of my application. I was told that I was not on the acceptance list or the waitlist...and I should await a 'letter' in mail. Basically I was rejected. Best of luck to everyone else though.
What number did you call? I'm sorry to hear about that. Did they tell you that a decision was made about your application?

sorry to hear that @PTPotential. did any one else call ? this waiting time is killing me. I just know that next week, will be the week that they will call most of the students who got accepted.

I just opened my acceptance letter!! Thought I would receive a call before a letter but absolutely ecstatic to say the least! Goodluck to you all, I cannot wait to meet all of my fellow classmates.

I just opened my acceptance letter!! Thought I would receive a call before a letter but absolutely ecstatic to say the least! Goodluck to you all, I cannot wait to meet all of my fellow classmates.
wow congratulations!

I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else have any luck?

So if we don't hear back this week does that mean we didn't get in?