Mercer U DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steveyk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Mercer?

Members don't see this ad.

My application was verified 8/11 and I haven't heard anything yet.

My application was verified 8/11 and I haven't heard anything yet.
I guess Joe and the gang are too busy discussing Direct Access House Bills with the legislation...

Members don't see this ad :)
Deadline was only a few days ago

Deadline was only a few days ago
I know that Mercer works in a non-traditional rolling basis admissions (per Ellen Perlow). I know it says admissions isnt rolling on PTCAS, but just wanted to check with everyone else and see what's going on since Ellen told applicants to apply early.

anyway, let me know if any of you hear from them!

I just got my invitation for an interview about a week ago. I submitted my secondary on September 18th.

I'm curious - how did y'all fulfill Mercer's requirement about community service hours?

Hey y'all! I applied to Mercer U, as well as GA State. When do we expect to hear something about interviews?

I'm curious - how did y'all fulfill Mercer's requirement about community service hours?

I volunteered at a domestic violence shelter. I'm kind of hoping that may be a bit different, possibly setting me apart.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see! I thought they had to be a community service project in physical therapy and at a loss where to find such a thing :D

I worked on two separate occasions in centers for mentally and physically disabled children that were abandoned in Kingston, Jamaica.

I received notice on October 21 that my "application file is now complete and under review by the Doctor of Physical Therapy Admissions Committee. ". Waiting to hear back? I served in Americorps and also volunteered at a hospital.

I just received an email for an interview on December 12, 2015!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I e-submitted PTCAS 8/24 and was verified 9/10. As for the supplemental application, I submitted that 8/30 and it was verified as received the 31st.

University: University of Georgia
Major: Exercise & Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.80
Pre-Req GPA: 3.90
GRE: 159V 161Q 4.0AW

Volunteer: 100 Inpatient Rehab, 160 Outpatient Clinic

University: University of Georgia
Major: Exercise & Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.80
Pre-Req GPA: 3.90
GRE: 159V 161Q 4.0AW

Volunteer: 100 Inpatient Rehab, 160 Outpatient Clinic
yeah... i would have interviewed you, too if I was on an AdCom...
Well, good try everyone else...

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else heard from Mercer? I still have not heard from them yet.

If the first interview date is December 12th, I'm surprised I haven't seen any more posts about that date

If the first interview date is December 12th, I'm surprised I haven't seen any more posts about that date
I still haven't heard either. I thought I read somewhere that they inform us of interviews in November, but I can't find that anywhere now.

I still haven't heard anything. I also read they were announcing in November, but I haven't heard. The waiting is killing me.

I just received an email for an interview on December 12, 2015!
do you know what Mercer's interview timeline is like? as in, which months are they interviewing and how many dates do that plan to have? I feel like I have emailed and called Mercer countless times and I cannot get through to them.

do you know what Mercer's interview timeline is like? as in, which months are they interviewing and how many dates do that plan to have? I feel like I have emailed and called Mercer countless times and I cannot get through to them.
In one of their emails, they said that interview dates were in December and January. My guess is that they probably won't have another interview date in December because of holidays, and will probably extend more interview invites in December for the one in January. That's as much as I know about the interview process...

In one of their emails, they said that interview dates were in December and January. My guess is that they probably won't have another interview date in December because of holidays, and will probably extend more interview invites in December for the one in January. That's as much as I know about the interview process...

Hopefully we will hear early this week...I will be traveling from MA so I would need to buy airfare...

I have an interview for December 12. I went to their info session and as far as I know there are only 2 interview dates (one in December and one in January) but they're having different time slots. Best of luck to all!

I have an interview for December 12. I went to their info session and as far as I know there are only 2 interview dates (one in December and one in January) but they're having different time slots. Best of luck to all!

Congratulations! When did you hear about an interview? Also, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking!

Congratulations! When did you hear about an interview? Also, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking!

Thank you! I received an email for an interview November 13. And a second email today giving me details for the interview day.

Both OGPA and Pre-Req GPA are about 3.5-3.6. I have extensive numbers of observation hours in different PT settings and in depth community service/service learning. Major is BA in Liberal Arts. GRE was V153, Q151, A5.0

Thank you! I received an email for an interview November 13. And a second email today giving me details for the interview day.

Both OGPA and Pre-Req GPA are about 3.5-3.6. I have extensive numbers of observation hours in different PT settings and in depth community service/service learning. Major is BA in Liberal Arts. GRE was V153, Q151, A5.0
Congratulations! When did you submit your application?

I was sent an interview invitation today for an interview held mid January.

Reactions: 1 users
I was sent an interview invitation today for an interview held mid January.
Congratulations! What is the date? I'm still waiting to hear but I'm nervous because most of the programs I applied to conduct interviews next month! And do you mind posting your stats?

Congratulations! What is the date? I'm still waiting to hear but I'm nervous because most of the programs I applied to conduct interviews next month! And do you mind posting your stats?

I think it was January 16, a saturday. My stats are over on the GPA, GRE's etc sticky at top of the board.

Received this email from Mercer today. Not sure how to take it, but thought I'd share:

"At this time, your application has been reviewed by faculty committee. We are continuing to send invitations to eligible students for upcoming interview dates, and will continue to do so until mid-January. We appreciate your patience in waiting to hear from us regarding a potential interview. We wish you a Happy Holidays, and we look forward to continuing to work with you."

Received this email from Mercer today. Not sure how to take it, but thought I'd share:

"At this time, your application has been reviewed by faculty committee. We are continuing to send invitations to eligible students for upcoming interview dates, and will continue to do so until mid-January. We appreciate your patience in waiting to hear from us regarding a potential interview. We wish you a Happy Holidays, and we look forward to continuing to work with you."
I got a different (less hopeful) one after reading yours...

"Greetings from Mercer University:

We thank you for your patience as we have continued to review application files. We hope to send more updates closer to the end of the year. If, in the meantime, you have had a change of plans and would like for us to withdraw your file from consideration, please do let us know.

Best regards,

DPT Admissions"

I received this same email this morning. I wish they'd tell us something! The waiting is difficult. If the interview is January 16th, I hope to know further in advance! Best of luck to you all!

I got a different (less hopeful) one after reading yours...

"Greetings from Mercer University:

We thank you for your patience as we have continued to review application files. We hope to send more updates closer to the end of the year. If, in the meantime, you have had a change of plans and would like for us to withdraw your file from consideration, please do let us know.

Best regards,

DPT Admissions"

I got the same email....waiting

The first round of interviews was this Saturday (Dec 12). Between a morning and afternoon session I would say there were about 60 people there. The next round will be January 16 where I imagine the same number of interviewees will be invited.

It was a calm and relaxed environment. You are split into 3 groups and participate in 3 activities in a different order based on your group. Those 3 activities are: a one-on-one interview, a group interview (with 3-4 other applicants), and a Q&A with current/former students. The group interview was interesting, basically they give you a couple of scenario prompts and you discuss and organize a solution with your group members and present it to the faculty and alumni rep who are there. The one on one is fairly straightforward, a series of questions relating to your abilities and what you think you can bring to the table as well as how you envision the profession (just be yourself).

Other than that there was a campus tour and a little info session presented by the interim chair but nothing else of note.

The first round of interviews was this Saturday (Dec 12). Between a morning and afternoon session I would say there were about 60 people there. The next round will be January 16 where I imagine the same number of interviewees will be invited.

It was a calm and relaxed environment. You are split into 3 groups and participate in 3 activities in a different order based on your group. Those 3 activities are: a one-on-one interview, a group interview (with 3-4 other applicants), and a Q&A with current/former students. The group interview was interesting, basically they give you a couple of scenario prompts and you discuss and organize a solution with your group members and present it to the faculty and alumni rep who are there. The one on one is fairly straightforward, a series of questions relating to your abilities and what you think you can bring to the table as well as how you envision the profession (just be yourself).

Other than that there was a campus tour and a little info session presented by the interim chair but nothing else of note.

Thank you for your input! When are you expected to hear back? Also, can you remember any specific questions in the one on one?

They told us that the latest they would try to contact everyone is February 2nd.

They told us that the latest they would try to contact everyone is February 2nd.

The email I received (and when I spoke to them on the phone) said they'd contact us by the middle/end of January. Where did you hear Feb 2? How is that going to happen if the only other interview is the 16th of January? I wonder if there will be another interview, or if they're saying these later dates but will actually send them out sooner.

I got the less hopeful email, too @greyhound2014 and I think Optimus is referring to offers for the dec interviewees not interview invites

Last edited:
OH oops, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to offers for those that had the interview this past Saturday. Hopefully you guys hear back soon!

Ah, that makes sense! Sorry I read that incorrectly! Keep us posted on your progress! I'm anxiously awaiting an email.

EDIT: I ended up deleting the FB group I had mentioned since the 1st year students will be making a group for us.

Last edited: