Medical terminology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaimonW

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a pre pt student now, and I've heard that medical terminology is a helpful course for ppl who wants to study in dpt program. So I'm curious that if everyone here has taken/ will take medical terminology? Is a Basic one enough for the study in pt school or I have to take like a 4 s.h. Medical terminology course?
Btw, English is not my first language and I'm not very confident with my English ability.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I'm a pre pt student now, and I've heard that medical terminology is a helpful course for ppl who wants to study in dpt program. So I'm curious that if everyone here has taken/ will take medical terminology? Is a Basic one enough for the study in pt school or I have to take like a 4 s.h. Medical terminology course?
Btw, English is not my first language and I'm not very confident with my English ability.
If you have the chance to take medical terminology I would definitely recommend it! There was only a basic course offered at my college and it was super helpful. Some programs require it as a prerequisite so it definitely helps to already have it taken care of. It teaches you a lot about common root words, prefixes, and suffixes used in the medical field and overall gives you a better understanding of the field of PT!

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s a great idea! I actually just finished the course. I took it at the same time as A&P II as well as working in a PT clinic as an aide. Even from the beginning of the semester to now, I can understand a lot more in patients’ charts as well as in my other classes. None of the programs I applied to this cycle required it, however I do think it’s extremely beneficial and will help in the long run.