Medical Terminology HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I completed all my prerequisites for PT school except for one. Do you have any suggestions for an online Medical terminology course from an accredited college?

Members don't see this ad.

Most jc's have it online but also uc san diego has it online. Its 275 for that class but its 1.5 units I dont know how many you may need.

Reactions: 1 users
I took it online at a community college. Madera community college to be exact. Very easy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most jc's have it online but also uc san diego has it online. Its 275 for that class but its 1.5 units I dont know how many you may need.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. The class needs to be at least 1 semester credit, so that is perfectly fine.

How long did it take you to complete the course? Did you find it easy?

I actually didn't take it through them but my friend did. Its a little less than a month, but it wasnt difficult she said. A couple quizzes every week and i think some group discussions.

I took it online through a local community college!

CCAC in Pittsburgh also offers a 3 credit course online. Very straightforward, and the course was not challenging at all. Taking it seriously and working on improving your memorization skills can be a great help for the myology you'll get to tackle once you're in a PT program too! :)

Check community colleges. I took online course in my community college. Never had to show up in class.
It was not bad. Make yourself familiar with each chapter before you take quizzes and you can use your book for quizzes. (even if they say you are not supposed to, no one is watching you...) We had to do a couple of presentations with voice over power points - may sound overwhelming at first, but it does not have to be perfect. As long as you present information the teacher wants, it can look/sound sloppy.

I took medical terminology online at Augusta Technical College. It was 2 credit hours.