This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rzk246

Reaction score
Completing a palliative care fellowship and matched to heme/onc fellowship that starts in July. I would be very happy to find a job (open to private practice or academic) as a medical oncologist or even split position palliative and medical oncology. That being said, I am considering medical oncology (2 yrs) vs. heme/onc (3 years) and contemplating the risks/benefits of each. Is it reasonable to consider the two year medical oncology option?

Members don't see this ad.

Completing a palliative care fellowship and matched to heme/onc fellowship that starts in July. I would be very happy to find a job (open to private practice or academic) as a medical oncologist or even split position palliative and medical oncology. That being said, I am considering medical oncology (2 yrs) vs. heme/onc (3 years) and contemplating the risks/benefits of each. Is it reasonable to consider the two year medical oncology option?
Do both.

I say this as a single-boarded oncologist.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi I am completing a fellowship in palliative Medicine this year and applying to medical oncology. Wanted to get your advice on it, how do programs view it? How do you explain the shift from palliative to oncology?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I am completing a fellowship in palliative Medicine this year and applying to medical oncology. Wanted to get your advice on it, how do programs view it? How do you explain the shift from palliative to oncology?
It's not a big deal. You explain it by telling them why you switched.