Med student steals dying patient's iPad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't handle the comments section on any news site. It truly brings out the lowest dregs of humanity. I'm also consistently amazed by the stupid stuff people will say under their real names/fb profiles.

Lots of gems under these articles like "I'm surprised UCLAS didn't give her a medal since ALL DOCTORS ARE THEIVES!!??"

I can't say I'm surprised. That's an inherent flaw of the Internet.

What makes me more pissed? Satire news sites. I can't tell you how many times I've had to set people straight after they post something from one of them. Most know that The Onion is satire, but there has been an explosion of these types of fake news sources recently. Someone needs to compile a list of these websites and it needs to be required reading before signing up for a site that allows commenting.

Members don't see this ad.

Trust me it is bullying. Similar to how the recent cases of police shooting unarmed black men where the media will bring up the black victims past of marijuana use to demonize the person. Sure it's illegal but who cares and what does it have to do with whether it was in self defense or not?

Remember when the media just started destroying Travon Martins character by bringing up his past marijuana use? Those fools probably have their own kids his age experimenting with the grass and the *****s are none the wiser

If you have to start going into a persons past to defame character it means you're either a bully or have no evidence to go on to make your case so you have to resort to dirty tricks
Or the time he was caught with robbery tools and jewelry he couldn't explain, the time he assaulted a bus driver, or the fact that he was in orlando due to a school suspension and happened to be sitting on top of a grown man beating his head into the ground at the time of the shooting...

Sometimes people develop a history that can make certain bad decisions less surprising

Reactions: 2 users
I'll compromise with you, if she had a history of theft it could be relevant.
A history of lying would also be relevant (i am basing this on the presumption that filing a complaint that couldn't be proven would be handled differently than a complaint that was shown to be false, i will grant you that my presumption could be incorrect)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if she gets a rush just from fooling people? Maybe she didn't do it for the iPad but for like some high she gets when people come to believe her story and sympathize with her?

that's a good thought. I've heard that before where really skilled criminals don't really care about the "loot" or whatever they're committing a crime for, they care more about the actual crime itself and being able to pull it off. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case here.