Meaningless Banter To Pass Time...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms2209

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, this forum is packed...lots of lurkers - come on out guys! I don't think I've seen it this crowded since we actually took the exam! Anyway, as I mentioned earlier (in another thread), my day has gotten off to a lousy, lousy start. Minor fender bender, and anxiously waiting for those scores to get in... not to mention that my cat woke me up at 5 in the morning, meowing outside my window to let her in. So basically, I'm running on no sleep, a bent up car, and non-existent MCAT scores...anyone else have some stories to share? It'll make the time go by!!! Come on...:)

Members don't see this ad.

freaker said:
Yes, but they get to ride in those fantastic little buggies with the reflector plates in the rear. Quite the Romantics, the Amish.

Their minds are on a far higher plane to worry about selecting the naughty meaning of the name of their town. They are living the days of apple butter and the reds of autumn, of rides through the countryside and amber waves of grain.

If only to be so free as to reject all electricity, to be freed from cell phones, and to plant your own rudebagas.

C'est tres Romantique, non?

[If an Amish person is reading this, get off that computer and BEHAVE!]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i was thinking the same thing about the computer part, but didnt wanna say it and offend anyone else!!! but yea, you paint quite a nice picture, im thinking of pulling the plug, fowarding all my calls to intercourse, and buy button fly jeans (can they wear jeans?)

wylie313 said:
because he felt crummy!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Know what the Buddist said to the hotdog vendor?

Highlight for answer: Make me one with everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
akimbo said:
:laugh:

Know what the Buddist said to the hotdog vendor?

Highlight for answer: Make me one with everything!
ahahha very good. nice trick with the colored fonts too.

I love bad jokes. I just hope my scores aren't a joke. :oops:

lol... I've been playing mvp baseball 2004 on my ps2 to kill time...at this rate, i'm gonna finish playing an entire 162 games season...but still, its hard to wait till 9 p.m here (PST).

OMG!!!!!!! BAD JOKES! I love it! Here's some...

What do you call a tooth in a glass of water?

A one molar solution!

::hungover:rum roll::

(I've got more, stay tuned)

Which one has less energy, hamburger or steak?

Hamburger, because it's in the ground state!

A neutron walks into a bar and sits at the table, asking the bartender, "Hey, how much for a beer?"
The bartender replies, "For you, there's no charge!"

Two atoms are walking down the street, and one of them suddenly yells out "I've lost an electron!" The other one asks, "Are you sure?" The first one replies "I'm positive!!!"

What does a geneticist do when it's cold out?

He puts his co-don!

Why is a tertiary amino acid selfish?

Because it's all wrapped up in itself!

Which one dissolves in water, a bear in North America or one in the North Pole?

The one in the North Pole, because it's polar!

Questions and Answers from the first nutrition expert I've found who seems to make sense: Dr. Buford Teapotts, MD.

-------------------------------------
Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay & corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable) & a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable slop.

Q: Is beer or wine bad for me?
A: Look, it goes to the earlier point about fruits & vegetables. As we all know, scientists divide everything in the world into three categories: animal, mineral, & vegetable. We all know that beer & wine are not animal, & they are not on the periodic table of elements, so that only leaves one thing, right? My advice: Have a burger & a beer and enjoy your liquid vegetables.

Q: How can I calculate my body:fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body, & you have body fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...? Good.

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: You're not listening. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: What's the secret to healthy eating?
A: Thicker gravy.

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You only do sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO? Cocoa beans... another vegetable!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food & diets. Have a cookie... flour is a veggie! One more thing: When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of tequila & some salt.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
aunaturel said:
office space is a great movie! :laugh:

I still rate it one of the funniest flicks ever

That scene cracks me up where Lombard (sp?) leaves like 17 messages on his machine.... and they all start with "yyyyaaaa....." :D :D

TripleDegree said:
I still rate it one of the funniest flicks ever

That scene cracks me up where Lombard (sp?) leaves like 17 messages on his machine.... and they all start with "yyyyaaaa....." :D :D

ummm yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh...we're gonna need you to come in on Saturday :D

TripleDegree said:
"And ummmmm we also need you to come in on Sunday as well. Mmmmkay?"

HILARIOUS :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They should've told that one to the AAMC ;)!

I just wanted to let you all know that I wish you the best of luck, and I'm glad that we're all in this together (not that I wish this torture on you, but since we all have to go through it, I'm glad we're going through it together :D ). Hang in there!

ms2209 said:
I just wanted to let you all know that I wish you the best of luck, and I'm glad that we're all in this together (not that I wish this torture on you, but since we all have to go through it, I'm glad we're going through it together :D ). Hang in there!
youre so sweet! the best of luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!
ugh really getting nervous now, i think i might throw up a little. lol

wylie313 said:
youre so sweet! the best of luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!
ugh really getting nervous now, i think i might throw up a little. lol

Thanks, so are you! This forum (despite the few trolls) is so refreshing, because I finally see some pre-meds working together rather than against one another...anyway, maybe I spoke too soon j/k! But seriously, don't worry (easier said than done, I know) but you'll do great!

I just saw along came Polly this weekend. It was great. I enjoyed Zoolander better but both movies are so funny. Has anyone else seen this movie.