MCPHS Worcester Class 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Amen, amen and then AMEN to the having your own place being worth every penny. It's not like you get a meal plan on campus! That's a good price range estimate from what I've been looking at. I refuse to live anywhere but in an apartment complex. Renting from Joe Schmoe is cheaper, but paying the extra couple hundred a month knowing you have 24 hour maintenance and knowing you probably won't have to sue your landlord to get your deposit back (yeah, been there, done that, won!) is worth every penny as well.

Worcester is not even close to comparable to Boston, unfortunately. I wouldn't trust the public transportation there to be on time or even show up (from what I know about Providence). Also, Worcester isn't exactly the nicest city, and I wouldn't want to be waiting by a bus stop at night, alone, praying the thing shows up...no matter what gender.

I'm planning on living 15-20 minutes outside Worcester with my then-husband, 2 cats, and 2 ferrets. It's a small commute, but a big difference in rent and overall a more cozy feeling than some of the skeeziness of Worcester. The area around the school isn't too bad, but...everywhere else seems to be :rolleyes:.

And yeah, no pharm experience here, either. We'll all definitely work together! I don't get a strong sense of competition here, which is great. We're a team!
so how much will u be paying for rent? is 1 or 2 bedroom?
Also, does any one know the price for on-campus housing?what's included in it?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

To current Worcester students?
How much do you study every day? how intense is the program?
somehow i don't feel confidence about this accelerated program...

we have several foreign students from everywhere, Africa, Middle East, South America and Asia

Members don't see this ad :)
so how much will u be paying for rent? is 1 or 2 bedroom?
Also, does any one know the price for on-campus housing?what's included in it?
Thanks

I'll probably be looking in the range of $800-$1000, preferably a 2 bedroom. I have a lot of crap...I mean...useful possessions. Right. :rolleyes:

I heard from the financial aid department that people who submitted their FAFSA before now will be getting their financial aid letters soon. It's really tough to think about rent and everything without knowing how much you're going to be given for living expenses. For all I know, I might only be able to afford a $500 shack in Worcester. Eeeee.:eek:

From what I've read elsewhere, the price for on-campus housing is around $7,000-$10,000 for the year? I think? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If it's $7,000, that's about $583 a month. Combine that with a roomate for a rent of $1,166, and you have yourself a very nice 2-3 bedroom apartment in a complex with a gym, pool, dishwasher, privacy, ablility to do whatever you want...etc etc etc.

There's no cafeteria or meal plan at MCP, so it's not like the $7,000 includes food or anything else but a room. And the rooms, frankly, were not impressive. As college dorm rooms, they were amazing. As living quarters for graduate adults? Urg.

hello people,
i am already freaking out!! How will i find an appartment in Worcester? I don't know anybody there! I ve never been there except for the day of my interview!!:scared: Anybody has the same sutuation?!

I am also new to Worcester area and a girl. I don't know how I will manage off-campus. Hey does anyone help me for an on-campus housing procedure? I am trying to call them from two weeks but none replied me back.

I am also new to Worcester area and a girl. I don't know how I will manage off-campus. Hey does anyone help me for an on-campus housing procedure? I am trying to call them from two weeks but none replied me back.
I don't know whats the procedure for on-campus housing! But i think you have to do it as soon as possible, since rooms are limited in the 19 foster st. building! on my interview,They told me they can't accomodate everybody there!
But yeah, i probably will move there the beginning of August, and stay a few nights at a hotel or something, till i figure out a good,affordable, and close to school Appt. to rent! I don't know how i can manage that before i go there though..?! Any website that could help me find appts for rent in the Worcester area? close to school. I prefer a 1 bedroom appt.

Yaaaaaaaay I got the grep folder in mail yesterday. I had my interview on Tuesday and got the acceptance on Thursday. I am so excited. Now we will have to start looking for houses in the near vicinity. (I have a family) Right now I am just ecstatic. Thanks everybody for all the helpful information on SDN. SDN rocks. See you all this fall.

Love,
campharm

the way i've always looked for apartments is on craigslist. go to boston.craigslist.com and search for "worcester" if you want to find places only in the worcester area. additionally, you can google something like "apartments worcester ma" and see what pops up. you can actually find a place and take it without seeing it, if you trust other people's descriptions. otherwise, i would try to find a realtor or someone to set up an appointment with to see a bunch of properties in one day once you're out here. stay in a hotel for a few nights, and hopefully you can find something fast.

To current Worcester students?
How much do you study every day? how intense is the program?
somehow i don't feel confidence about this accelerated program...

Some days I study 8 hours, some days 2 hours, some days no hours. That really depends on how fast you learn, how interested in the material you are and what class you are studying for. The program is intense. It will take up the majority of your time. Don't worry about the accelerated program. If you are dedicated and put the work in that is necessary, you will be fine. I was very nervous before coming here and I have found that I am working much harder than I thought, but I am doing much better than I thought. It is very doable if you simply put the time in and stay organized.

Last edited:
When I think about the financial aid, I get nerves. I just submitted my fafsa on March 1st 2009, when will they tell me how much aid I will get, by the way I got no money. Did anyone receive financial aid packet from MCPHS.

When I think about the financial aid, I get nerves. I just submitted my fafsa on March 1st 2009, when will they tell me how much aid I will get, by the way I got no money. Did anyone receive financial aid packet from MCPHS.
no i haven't recieved anything yet! I do not have any money also and i am nervous about paying for all expenses. Hope loans cover most of it!

no i haven't recieved anything yet! I do not have any money also and i am nervous about paying for all expenses. Hope loans cover most of it!

I think we are all in the same boat... Does anyone know what the total cost for tuition is for the full 2 year ten months?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we are all in the same boat... Does anyone know what the total cost for tuition is for the full 2 year ten months?
$37000 a year! multiply that by 3 gives you that 110,000 right there for tuition! You need rent, lets assume 600 a month (nothing fancy, or share with a room mate). 3 years=36 months, 36 times 600= 21600 (minimum for off campus housing). I need food, lets assume 15 $ ( average) a day on food (I gotta feed my brain). so 3 years times 365 days time 15 = $16400 for food. transportation, car insurance, buy an older used car, car services. etc. We are talkin' about $150,000 EASY, just for the very essential stuff for life lol!!! I forgot, add books too!!

Does anyone know when MCPHS is going to mail out the housing packet?

$37000 a year! multiply that by 3 gives you that 110,000 right there for tuition! You need rent, lets assume 600 a month (nothing fancy, or share with a room mate). 3 years=36 months, 36 times 600= 21600 (minimum for off campus housing). I need food, lets assume 15 $ ( average) a day on food (I gotta feed my brain). so 3 years times 365 days time 15 = $16400 for food. transportation, car insurance, buy an older used car, car services. etc. We are talkin' about $150,000 EASY, just for the very essential stuff for life lol!!! I forgot, add books too!!

But what about health insurance fee.... IF you have health insurance i herd it is taken off the 37k... It like a 1500 Fee or so.....There is also scholarships too....... ALot of people dont realize but there are alot out there for anyone in graduate programs which includes pharmacey.........Well anyway money shouldnt matter we will all be done a year plus sooner than all those four year students:)

But what about health insurance fee.... IF you have health insurance i herd it is taken off the 37k... It like a 1500 Fee or so.....There is also scholarships too....... ALot of people dont realize but there are alot out there for anyone in graduate programs which includes pharmacey.........Well anyway money shouldnt matter we will all be done a year plus sooner than all those four year students:)
Oh I dont know about that. I don't know if health insurace is included in the 37K. I always had health insurance through the schools i attended! I don't have a separate plan. Thats true, money shouldn't matter now! The #1 priority is to get the pharmcay education and become successful pharmacists! Money may come later!

If you do not have your own health insurance, you are required to purchase school health insurance (you will have to give them your current insurance info in order to opt out). You can check out the plans online - search for Bollinger. It costs an additional aprox $1500/year on top of tuition, fees, etc.

Anyone from California?
I got accepted to this school too, but I still have an interview at Touro-CA late this month, so I'm still kinda on the fence about coming here..
Anybody wanna persuade me to come to this school instead? :laugh:

I got my financial aid package. First of all, the EFC is a bunch of crap, and FAFSA obviously doesn't take into consideration rent, bills, etc. To meet my EFC, I would have had to put away $1,000 a month for a year. What?!?! I can barely put away $20, let alone $1,000.

The following is paraphrased straight from the financial department's mouth:

Any gaps you have between your Need (Budget minus EFC) and the aid they gave you can be covered with a Federal Grad PLUS loan. DON'T apply for these loans yet. There's a grace period of distribution that will run out before you even start school, and it'll never be given to you. A link will appear on the financial aid website in June that will allow you to apply for this loan. I suggest a co-signer if you just graduated college and therefore have so-so credit (it takes years to build "good" credit even if you've done nothing wrong).

If anyone else is worried about a gap, my fiance's grad PLUS loans are going to equal about $17,000. Remember, that doesn't appear on the financial aid package right now. You have to wait until June to apply.

Don't worry! I bet your lease doesn't run out at the end of May before you know if you've been approved for the PLUS, forcing you to live with your future in-laws until you know you have enough in loans for housing because your present apartment wants to charge over $400 more a month just to change to a monthly lease! :p

:luck:

I got my interview on feb 18th. Do you all think it is very late to get in to the program or i still have some chance to get in to the program? Since many of you got accepted veery soon, I was wondering if they have any more seats left for fall 09 or not?
Congrates to those who got accepted and please reply i m very anxious about the interview plus english is not my native language either. have few accent too so please help me figuring out about my future at mcphs-w.

First of all congrats to everyone who got accepted...count me in MCPHS class of 2012...looking forward to meet you all...
Hey Prayosha, i had my interview on Feb. 17th...and i got acceptance letter on day 7...i m replying this pretty late but i pretty sure you're accepted as well....I think they should be half way to fill the class...good luck..

I got my financial aid package. First of all, the EFC is a bunch of crap, and FAFSA obviously doesn't take into consideration rent, bills, etc. To meet my EFC, I would have had to put away $1,000 a month for a year. What?!?! I can barely put away $20, let alone $1,000.

The following is paraphrased straight from the financial department's mouth:

Any gaps you have between your Need (Budget minus EFC) and the aid they gave you can be covered with a Federal Grad PLUS loan. DON'T apply for these loans yet. There's a grace period of distribution that will run out before you even start school, and it'll never be given to you. A link will appear on the financial aid website in June that will allow you to apply for this loan. I suggest a co-signer if you just graduated college and therefore have so-so credit (it takes years to build "good" credit even if you've done nothing wrong).

If anyone else is worried about a gap, my fiance's grad PLUS loans are going to equal about $17,000. Remember, that doesn't appear on the financial aid package right now. You have to wait until June to apply.

Don't worry! I bet your lease doesn't run out at the end of May before you know if you've been approved for the PLUS, forcing you to live with your future in-laws until you know you have enough in loans for housing because your present apartment wants to charge over $400 more a month just to change to a monthly lease! :p

:luck:

Just curiuos, when did you fill up the FAFSA and when did you recieve your Financial aid package? I think about tuition and bills everyday!!!

How many international students are in Worcester campus?
Anyone any idea,, What are their criteria for accepting an international student?
Hello I am also an international student and I got accpeted into MCPHS- Worcester campus.

Anyone going to accepted student's day? It's on March 28th?

just got my financial aid package in the mail yesterday (i submitted fafsa on march 1). overall, i will say that at least MCPHS does a nice job of estimating the cost. i think it was something like $58,000/year, so $30K for tuition and fees, leaving $28,000 for living expenses. they met everything up to the cost minus my EFC (what a joke that is!). so now i guess it's wait till june for the PLUS loan?

I also recived mine the package said about $26000 in direct loans, I have no clue waht that means. Does your financial aid package says "Plus Loan" or “Direct unsubsidized loan"?

just got my financial aid package in the mail yesterday (i submitted fafsa on march 1). overall, i will say that at least MCPHS does a nice job of estimating the cost. i think it was something like $58,000/year, so $30K for tuition and fees, leaving $28,000 for living expenses. they met everything up to the cost minus my EFC (what a joke that is!). so now i guess it's wait till june for the PLUS loan?

I also recived mine the package said about $26000 in direct loans, I have no clue waht that means. Does your financial aid package says "Plus Loan" or “Direct unsubsidized loan"?
Hey i also got my package.. they just covered about 26,000 thats for tuition, and these are in Direct unsubsidized loans!!and some amount about 4000 for subsidized loans!! so thats about 30,000 for tuition! But my need is estimated 52,000...so does that mean i have to come up with the 12,000 in difference? like take a private loan or work for the 12,000???!! Whats a Plus Loan?!?! somebody explain please!

To current students:

Would you happen to know the drop out rate for this school? http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4890741l I was just reading some of the posts that kind of scared me; as current students, can you please state your opinion on the posts in the above link.

Any pharmacy school you go to will be difficult, but if you put the hard work in your studies, it will pay off.
The failing rate is high, and that is because this school accepts anyone and everyone. Its easy to get in, but not easy to get out.

Hey all! I just got my acceptance letter not too long ago... and i was wondering what people are going to do over the summer to prepare for pharmacy school?... I don't have a bachelors yet so i didn't take bio chem!... to current students what would you recommend that i do to prepare myself for the upcoming nightmare of studying! Add me and we can get to know each other before classes!... I hope that now that we are in... I hope we will all work together and make sure that we all succeed! In pre-pharm people were cutthroat at my school and strongly disliked that!... I love working in groups and staying on top of the information so if you do...like i said early look me up on facebook!:welcome:

Last edited:
Cograts to all of you guys!!
yaaay! i'm going to be attending the worcester campus too
I just wanted to say Hi to all. i can't wait to see ya guys in August!:laugh:

Hey all! I just got my acceptance letter not too long ago... and i was wondering what people are going to do over the summer to prepare for pharmacy school?... I don't have a bachelors yet so i didn't take bio chem!... to current students what would you recommend that i do to prepare myself for the upcoming nightmare of studying?... Also.. if anyone wants to add me on facebook my name is Juste Eric Munezero and i am currently attending Ferris State University!... Add me and we can get to know each other before classes!... I hope that now that we are in... I hope we will all work together and make sure that we all succeed! In pre-pharm people were cutthroat at my school and strongly disliked that!... I love working in groups and staying on top of the information so if you do...like i said early look me up on facebook!:welcome:

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't and won't have my bachelor's when fall starts, and didn't take bio chem. From what I hear, you should get familiar with the top 200 meds. It's good to start familiarizing yourself with these medications. I have this summer off, and I'm just going to relax before I hit the books hard. I guess you could just enjoy your summer. It's going to be hard, no matter which way you look at it.

well, my summer will be spent working full-time at my company where i've been since graduating college in 2001, finishing up wedding plans, getting married, going on a much needed honeymoon, coming home and finding someplace near worcester to live, moving, finally leaving work a few days before school starts. yay.

:)

To current Students: Will I need a car first semester, and when do you start doing rotations, is it first or second semester?

To current Students: Will I need a car first semester, and when do you start doing rotations, is it first or second semester?

There are some people who don't have cars first semester. You start intro rotations 2nd semester, intermediate rotations 1st semester of your P2 year. You will have service learning first semester. Service learning would most likely be in Worcester.

There are some people who don't have cars first semester. You start intro rotations 2nd semester, intermediate rotations 1st semester of your P2 year. You will have service learning first semester. Service learning would most likely be in Worcester.

Hey Sammy15 what do you recommend that i do over the summer... or even when i get to the school?... as far as curriculum goes?... do you think i should sit in.. in a biochem class?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted- I am so jealous! I had my interview today.. and I cannot wait to hear. But I know I have to be patient...

How long did it take for everyone to hear? I have a much harder chance since there is a limited number of spots yet. & I'm a youngin'. The person I interviewed with couldn't help but tell me that if I am accepted, I will be the baby of the class... lucky me. I'm only 20, a sophomore right now. All I've done are the basic prereqs! But I've been a pharmacy tech @ CVS for 3 years. So we'll see :).

Hopefully I'll be joining all of you .. !

Hey Sammy15 what do you recommend that i do over the summer... or even when i get to the school?... as far as curriculum goes?... do you think i should sit in.. in a biochem class?

Hey,
The page prior to this one, in this thread has opinions from myself and greatdeals on this exact question.

:laugh:hiiiiiiii
so im new on here and will be joining all of you in the fall (IM SUUUPER JUICED) i just had my interview on tuesday and found out today :D
So i do have a few questions for anyone that can help... so i was hoping someone knew resonably priced apartments up there (cuz some of the ones i looked at were a lil shady and im a gurl sooo). i know i could always stay on campus..... but i have cats and they arent allowed lol buuut
if anyone can help me and hopefully meet some people (ANYONE FROM MARYLAND) lol to help my transition that would be GREAT!
thanx
Tinkx

So I received an acceptance...I honestly don't feel comfortable going to this school...and I honestly don't know if pharmacy is for me (on 2nd thought). I got 30 days to decide though, but today I feel like I don't deserve it. But in all honestly, I've always wanted to finish my degree (in Chemistry) and see what's out there for me (In my heart, I've always wanted to become a physician). I kinda rushed here. Sorry for being a "diva"...I don't mean it at all. I'm hoping to hear any last minute advice & encouragement from those who attend this school...

well, i'm not a current student, but i can tell you from personal experience that if you're having doubts, i would recommend taking some more time to think about what you want and exploring different options. jumping into an intense 3 year professional program is not something to be taken lightly.

i have a degree in biology. i've worked for almost 8 years. in that time, i applied to graduate programs in neuroscience (which i later decided against), thought about med school, thought about chiropractic, and then thought about law school. had i rushed into any of those ideas, i don't think i'd be very happy today. i first thought about pharmacy about 4 years ago, and then put it on the back burner. the idea resurfaced, and i was going to apply last year, but due to becoming engaged, i decided to wait until after my wedding to start school. i'm so glad i've waited an extra year, because it has proved to me that this is what i 100% want to do.

my advice would be to at least finish your degree first. that way, you've always got chemistry to fall back on should you not like any other career path you choose. this will also give you another year to REALLY consider what it is that you'd like to do. best of luck to you! i know how hard these decisions are!

well, i'm not a current student, but i can tell you from personal experience that if you're having doubts, i would recommend taking some more time to think about what you want and exploring different options. jumping into an intense 3 year professional program is not something to be taken lightly.

i have a degree in biology. i've worked for almost 8 years. in that time, i applied to graduate programs in neuroscience (which i later decided against), thought about med school, thought about chiropractic, and then thought about law school. had i rushed into any of those ideas, i don't think i'd be very happy today. i first thought about pharmacy about 4 years ago, and then put it on the back burner. the idea resurfaced, and i was going to apply last year, but due to becoming engaged, i decided to wait until after my wedding to start school. i'm so glad i've waited an extra year, because it has proved to me that this is what i 100% want to do.

my advice would be to at least finish your degree first. that way, you've always got chemistry to fall back on should you not like any other career path you choose. this will also give you another year to REALLY consider what it is that you'd like to do. best of luck to you! i know how hard these decisions are!

Hey, I appreciate that. I think I'm going to turn down the acceptance and focus on getting my degree. I really don't feel ready to handle something like this. It feels funny to decline something that many people would kill to have. I wish I was more appreciative. Then again, I wish I knew what I really wanted to begin with. Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out if pharmacy is what I want to do, as you've down for yourself. Good luck everyone!

Hey, I appreciate that. I think I'm going to turn down the acceptance and focus on getting my degree. I really don't feel ready to handle something like this. It feels funny to decline something that many people would kill to have. I wish I was more appreciative. Then again, I wish I knew what I really wanted to begin with. Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out if pharmacy is what I want to do, as you've down for yourself. Good luck everyone!
DO NOT DENY THE OFFER! You like chemistry, you got accepted, must have good grades, must be a hard working student..I am telling you, if you deny this offer, you will regret it next year...You will like " If i accepted it, i would have been done with 1/3 of the stress by now" my advice, accept it and think positive and determine that you will bust yo ass working for pharmacy..
I think the same as you sometime, oh shall i go there or not! But i know it will b 3 years that will go by and i know i can do it. If you have patience, determination, and your a hard working individual, u ll make it.

When I applied to pharmacy school I knew it was what I wanted to do and I worked hard to get in. I cried when I got my acceptance because I was so excited and then about 2 weeks later I freaked out and told myself.. I can't do this. I can't quit my job, my pension, spend all this money on tuition. I can't handle all this work. I don't know if this is what I really want.. etc, etc, etc. And for about 3 days I decided I would turn it down. Then I got ahold of myself and realized the stress was just taking me over and that I'd be nuts to turn it down, that this was what I wanted, but now it was so real and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it. I am so happy I didnt let my momentary lapse make my decision. School is tough, but so are many things in life. Anything worthwhile requires hard work and sacrifice. It seems so massive looking from where you are now, but it will come and you will be able to handle it if you take it in stride and don't let things fall behind. You only live once and you should chase your dreams no matter how frightened you are of failure or making a mistake. Don't stay with something safe unless that is your passion. I loved my career before I came to school. I made good money, worked with all my friends, my boyfriend, and my job was really cool. But I wanted more out of my life and I didn't know if pharmacy would be everything that I already had, but I knew I wanted to try. I am working hard and I have very stressfull days, but I am so happy with my decision. If you really think that you don't want to do pharmacy, you shouldn't. But make sure that is the reason why. You need to be committed to make it through some days, but it is not as scary as it seems. It is three years out of the your entire life and believe me, most people will face far worse in that time. You are the only one who can make that decision. Just make sure it is well thought out. Good luck to you, and everyone :)

When I applied to pharmacy school I knew it was what I wanted to do and I worked hard to get in. I cried when I got my acceptance because I was so excited and then about 2 weeks later I freaked out and told myself.. I can't do this. I can't quit my job, my pension, spend all this money on tuition. I can't handle all this work. I don't know if this is what I really want.. etc, etc, etc. And for about 3 days I decided I would turn it down. Then I got ahold of myself and realized the stress was just taking me over and that I'd be nuts to turn it down, that this was what I wanted, but now it was so real and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it. I am so happy I didnt let my momentary lapse make my decision. School is tough, but so are many things in life. Anything worthwhile requires hard work and sacrifice. It seems so massive looking from where you are now, but it will come and you will be able to handle it if you take it in stride and don't let things fall behind. You only live once and you should chase your dreams no matter how frightened you are of failure or making a mistake. Don't stay with something safe unless that is your passion. I loved my career before I came to school. I made good money, worked with all my friends, my boyfriend, and my job was really cool. But I wanted more out of my life and I didn't know if pharmacy would be everything that I already had, but I knew I wanted to try. I am working hard and I have very stressfull days, but I am so happy with my decision. If you really think that you don't want to do pharmacy, you shouldn't. But make sure that is the reason why. You need to be committed to make it through some days, but it is not as scary as it seems. It is three years out of the your entire life and believe me, most people will face far worse in that time. You are the only one who can make that decision. Just make sure it is well thought out. Good luck to you, and everyone :)

Thank you very much for your time, even though you are in P1, your advice has been very helpful.
I was wondering if you can answer some questions of mine:
-Though times will start soon for us i am pretty sure, but apart of school work, and i ment hard work, do you find the time to keep up with your work out schedule, go to party in some clubs from time to time, visit boston sometimes during the weekend... The bottom line, do you find time to have the slightest amount of fun, enought to refresh your mind and get back to studying...?
-Another question, how would you rate the professors until now, are there grading fairly, sort of leneant, or harsh and very very strict, or neither...?

and by the way, are you planning on taking any grad plus loans? if yes, are we required to pay them back right away when we graduate from school?

Thank you for your time!!:)

Thank you very much for your time, even though you are in P1, your advice has been very helpful.
I was wondering if you can answer some questions of mine:
-Though times will start soon for us i am pretty sure, but apart of school work, and i ment hard work, do you find the time to keep up with your work out schedule, go to party in some clubs from time to time, visit boston sometimes during the weekend... The bottom line, do you find time to have the slightest amount of fun, enought to refresh your mind and get back to studying...?
-Another question, how would you rate the professors until now, are there grading fairly, sort of leneant, or harsh and very very strict, or neither...?

and by the way, are you planning on taking any grad plus loans? if yes, are we required to pay them back right away when we graduate from school?

Thank you for your time!!:)

I do find time to have some sort of life lol. I go out with friends once in a while, I also commute to CT everyday so that's about 15hrs/week. I take one weekend day everyweekend for myself to do nothing or just hang with loved ones. I get to the gym 1-2 day per week most weeks. Although the first semester kind of killed my workouts, but this semester is better (less exams). I go to bed at a reasonable time. I don't feel overwhelmed for the most part (except finals week and the few weeks we have 3 exams in one week - those are tough). The professors so far are great. They are fair in my opinion. They all seem to care about our questions. Some are tougher than others, none are lenient (and you wouldnt want them to be - that would be a wast of your money). My social life has suffered alot..lol.. but I'm happy. The worst part was getting adjusted the first semester. It is more smooth sailing this semester. I also have time to get involved with APhA on campus, and I will start one day a week in retail after finals.

I do find time to have some sort of life lol. I go out with friends once in a while, I also commute to CT everyday so that's about 15hrs/week. I take one weekend day everyweekend for myself to do nothing or just hang with loved ones. I get to the gym 1-2 day per week most weeks. Although the first semester kind of killed my workouts, but this semester is better (less exams). I go to bed at a reasonable time. I don't feel overwhelmed for the most part (except finals week and the few weeks we have 3 exams in one week - those are tough). The professors so far are great. They are fair in my opinion. They all seem to care about our questions. Some are tougher than others, none are lenient (and you wouldnt want them to be - that would be a wast of your money). My social life has suffered alot..lol.. but I'm happy. The worst part was getting adjusted the first semester. It is more smooth sailing this semester. I also have time to get involved with APhA on campus, and I will start one day a week in retail after finals.

sounds good, for retail pharmacy, as a p1 how much do they pay you on average?

thanks again!

DO NOT DENY THE OFFER! You like chemistry, you got accepted, must have good grades, must be a hard working student..I am telling you, if you deny this offer, you will regret it next year...You will like " If i accepted it, i would have been done with 1/3 of the stress by now" my advice, accept it and think positive and determine that you will bust yo ass working for pharmacy..
I think the same as you sometime, oh shall i go there or not! But i know it will b 3 years that will go by and i know i can do it. If you have patience, determination, and your a hard working individual, u ll make it.

Thanks for that. There are other things in my decision. While I may regret the opportunity in the future, I just don't feel ready to stand alongside 200 people with similar credentials. I think I can hang in to graduate, but the big question is will I be satisfied?

And in the back of my mind, if I rush to go into pharmacy, I may end up making a big mistake (a regret in itself). So, that is why I want to be careful. I honestly believe declining the offer is the best decision I can make for myself at this stage of my life...and regret or no regret...I have to move on & do what I think I'd be good at. I like the plan I have though...and I'd like to stick to it. I haven't declined yet though, but it will come very soon...Time is ticking.

I didn't even ask what I will be making in retail :) But I think it's around $11, at least thats what some of my friends make. I didn't take any grad plus loans so I can't help you there.