This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freshy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all! I would love your feedback and advice on this!

A few things to note before:
- I have a pretty solid science background
- test is on July 28th
- my goal is 510-514

I have been studying for the MCAT for 1.5 weeks and it’s been going well. I’ve been using tpr and finished 2 books and 50% through of each of the other books. I took my AAMC Sample Test yesterday and I did ehh lol (127ish/121ish/127ish/126ish). It was ultimately 500-501 range. This was my first test ever and it was 1.5 weeks of studying. But what I realized (which everyone told me) is that it’s not entirely based on content, a lot of it has to do with practice. So I went back to the drawing board and adjusted a few things. I decided instead of going over every single chapter I have left, I’ll go through all the summaries of all the chapters, find the weak points and then study them through referencing the chapters, khan academy, and some awesome Princeton flash cards I have. In the meantime, my primary focus will be doing a lot of questions everyday, up until the actual exam, along with doing practice tests. Mostly AAMC, some Uworld, some Nextstep. Do you think that’s a solid plan? Do I need to read EVERY single chapter? Would love your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC sample is super easy and very inflated. You need to ramp it up big time. Keep an idea in the last date to push back in case.

1. Download Anki app and download the deck for it from Premed95 on Reddit. Play this flashcards app everyday especially focus on the psych sections and bio. Focus other sections if you are weak in them also.

2. Buy NS1-4, take the diagnostic and figure out where you stand, review and learn from each question of the diagnostic and learn which areas you are weak.

3. Buy the AAMC material and use the Qpacks in between NS FLs, the Qpacks are easy but will help you lock in the basics. Continue the NS FLs and Qpacks. You can repeat the Qpacks until they are easy and you score 80-90%+.

4. As you finish these up you can start doing Uworld questions (free 90 day trial if you search) focus on PS for Uworld and supplement your weak areas. Now you can consider taking the AAMC SAMPLE.

5. Now might be the time to take AAMC FL1 after learning everything from aamc sample. And see how you are doing. Review FL1 and maybe retake it. Now start digging into the AAMC section banks, they are difficult but will seriously get you j to gear. Follow with FL2, review and supplement Uworld/section banks. Now FL3 is the finale. Hopefully you are in your target range.

1. Download Anki app and download the deck for it from Premed95 on Reddit. Play this flashcards app everyday especially focus on the psych sections and bio. Focus other sections if you are weak in them also.

2. Buy NS1-4, take the diagnostic and figure out where you stand, review and learn from each question of the diagnostic and learn which areas you are weak.

3. Buy the AAMC material and use the Qpacks in between NS FLs, the Qpacks are easy but will help you lock in the basics. Continue the NS FLs and Qpacks. You can repeat the Qpacks until they are easy and you score 80-90%+.

4. As you finish these up you can start doing Uworld questions (free 90 day trial if you search) focus on PS for Uworld and supplement your weak areas. Now you can consider taking the AAMC SAMPLE.

5. Now might be the time to take AAMC FL1 after learning everything from aamc sample. And see how you are doing. Review FL1 and maybe retake it. Now start digging into the AAMC section banks, they are difficult but will seriously get you j to gear. Follow with FL2, review and supplement Uworld/section banks. Now FL3 is the finale. Hopefully you are in your target range.

Lol thanks for the log response but I think you missed my point. I plan on doing all these things already. Just as in the order you said. However, my question is, should I finish the books? Should I read every single book and read every single page?? Or are these things enough to get a really solid score.

Members don't see this ad :)
EK systems is useful as well as any bio/biocjem review.
For physics I found practice questions useful and reading a review book useless.
For chem I was always strong but I imagine practice problems are better.
For PS I found Anki and practice problems best.
For CARs I never found the perfect strategy just lots of practice and review.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol thanks for the log response but I think you missed my point. I plan on doing all these things already. Just as in the order you said. However, my question is, should I finish the books? Should I read every single book and read every single page?? Or are these things enough to get a really solid score.
If you’re running out of time to get started on practice problems and full length then you should consider to stop reading the books. Go back to it if you got something wrong and don’t understand it. Practice will get you farther.

Reactions: 1 user