MCAT Retake Dilemma...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

itsallgood19

Hi everyone:

So i submitted my AACPMAS before i got my mcat scores back (noted on the app that I was taking a summer mcat though), and now when I got my score back I am not too happy about it. I called aacpms to see if i could "update" the test section of the app and they said there was no way you could edit it to put another test date down (app is already verified).

Has anybody had any experience with doing a retake but not being able to update it on the app to inform the schools? Should i call each school and tell them that i'll be taking a september mcat or something?

Thanks in advance. I really think aacpms should fix this function - i know the MD/DO apps can be edited in terms of test score dates and all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone:

So i submitted my AACPMAS before i got my mcat scores back (noted on the app that I was taking a summer mcat though), and now when I got my score back I am not too happy about it. I called aacpms to see if i could "update" the test section of the app and they said there was no way you could edit it to put another test date down (app is already verified).

Has anybody had any experience with doing a retake but not being able to update it on the app to inform the schools? Should i call each school and tell them that i'll be taking a september mcat or something?

Thanks in advance. I really think aacpms should fix this function - i know the MD/DO apps can be edited in terms of test score dates and all!

I really don't know why you submitted your application so early. Submitting it this early does not mean it gets looked at earlier. Even MD schools toss all the early submits into a pile until around sept when the committee gets together to look at it.

Anyways, you can print your 2nd MCAT score and send it to the schools when it comes out. You can simply attach it as an email file. You may want to see if you can send an official score to the school also.

Thanks for the input. Well I submitted early bc I figured if my mcat was okay then I would technically have everything in and then would hear asap from schools. Anyways I called aacpms and they said you can send them all scores and they will forward it to all schools, no matter if you indicated it on the e-app or not. What I plan on doing is waiting till my second mcat is in and then just sending all the scores to aacpm for them to forward to the schools. by that time it will be mid october so it's not that far off/not too late.