May 2014 MCATers United

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All 2014 MCATers, please unite!

Regardless of when in May you are planning to take the MCAT, let's all join this thread to keep each other informed about our progress, motivate each other, share FL scores, and to answer each other's questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, random AMCAS question. For work and activities, whats the maximum amount of jobs you guys listed? I had 2 jobs recently.

I don't think there is a maximum? You just need to make sure you have a bit of everything ... bro there is an amazing thread and there are people helping out - i got a lot of help from them.. do you want the link?

I don't think there is a maximum? You just need to make sure you have a bit of everything ... bro there is an amazing thread and there are people helping out - i got a lot of help from them.. do you want the link?
Yes please and I'm a girl lol..and I know its not a maximum per se, but i wanted to know how many jobs you guys list thats all. I had 2 while in college so I wanted to know if I should list both.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
After tomorrow we will all have our scores back... Craziness!!!! We should all update with our plans on applying, studying, or not studying :)

Reactions: 1 users
Guys we are the last of this thread to get scores back. This is all so surreal for me. I remember joining back in april and have been with you guys ever since. Like we're all one big family lol

Guys we are the last of this thread to get scores back. This is all so surreal for me. I remember joining back in april and have been with you guys ever since. Like we're all one big family lol

now imagine being the FIRST person on this thread and watching all May MCATers write the MCAT and get their score before you :unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
now imagine being the FIRST person on this thread and watching all May MCATers write the MCAT and get their score before you :unsure:
Awww...they saved the best for last! Your VR score is going to be great and you won't have to retake:banana:

Guys.... I feel like I shouldn't take my phone to work tomorrow because I will be so tempted to check my score. I know I shouldn't because I will be in a terrible mood if I do badly! I'm working on the EMS truck too so getting bad news could be really detrimental to my work day since people can be hard to deal with as it is.

Freaking out freaking out freaking outttttt

After wandering around the house for 45mins,I decided I needed to sleep to keep myself away from thinking about the score. Unfortunately haven't been able to sleep,the stress is finally getting to me...
How is everyone doing?

Guys.... I feel like I shouldn't take my phone to work tomorrow because I will be so tempted to check my score. I know I shouldn't because I will be in a terrible mood if I do badly! I'm working on the EMS truck too so getting bad news could be really detrimental to my work day since people can be hard to deal with as it is.

Freaking out freaking out freaking outttttt

Don't look at your scores until u get off.Try turning off your cell phone,or putting it in a locker if possible. Btw,I'm sure u did well :)

Don't look at your scores until u get off.Try turning off your cell phone,or putting it in a locker if possible. Btw,I'm sure u did well :)

I will try but omg the anticipation will kill me and I know I'll be looking to see how you guys did!!! Good luck tomorrow guys! I'm goin to bed

Guys.... I feel like I shouldn't take my phone to work tomorrow because I will be so tempted to check my score. I know I shouldn't because I will be in a terrible mood if I do badly!
I'm in the same boat! First day of work tomorrow from 1-5 and I know I'll be so anxious all day but I'm going to force myself not to check my score until I am out of my car safely after work. Definitely easier said than done but I think we can do it!!

Congratulations to all the May examines who was able to achieve their desired scores and good luck to all the retakers like me who will have to fight this war again.Lets keep our head high and get a better score next time around :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to say Thank You May MCATers - more than 5000 posts is absolutely amazing.

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted, you deserved it. People like me who are going to be retaking, please stay in touch !

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys!!! What are all your plans now?!?

I am obviously retaking with my 23. Surprised that I did so poopy on my verbal, an 8 while I usually did better, but overall not too shocked by my score. I'm looking forward to utilizing the freedom in my new work schedule to have time to truly practice and work my butt off for the next round. I am still debating between applying this year or not, but I am leaning toward waiting til next year. This gives me the time to improve mcat, go through my premed committee, shadow an MD in the case that I do wayyy better on my MCAT, and take some additional science classes to bring up my GPA. I also have a big family vacation coming up, and I'm still trying to help my parents with their house fire they had a few weeks ago so won't have a ton of time to study.

CONGRATS to everyone that did so well and to the rest of you feeling like crap like me just know that I'm out there with ya feeling the same way. I got my nice cry out yesterday, but feel so much better today. I think I will start slow and review physics and gen chem and practice practice practice. I may even do a 4 month sn2 schedule.

Reactions: 4 users