May 2014 MCATers United

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All 2014 MCATers, please unite!

Regardless of when in May you are planning to take the MCAT, let's all join this thread to keep each other informed about our progress, motivate each other, share FL scores, and to answer each other's questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I read somewhere that you have to get a certain % correct to get the gift card. Hopefully not because I am with you guys. I was so done mentally by the start of trail section that I dont know how well I answered those questions haha

Yes I just posted in the May 2014 thread but I am in the same boat. I scored about 7 points below my average FL and am completely astounded as to how my performance was so poor.
I would be happy to hear your personal analysis. I took the test and am in disbelief. I know that I kind of had to rush through PS and guesses some easy questions and yes, I did prepare myself for a worst score, but this was exactly pretty much my score on the first AAMCs. In fact I think i did better on the first AAMCs than the test.

I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm. BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed however undefeated. This fuels my desire even more.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be happy to hear your personal analysis. I took the test and am in disbelief. I know that I kind of had to rush through PS and guesses some easy questions and yes, I did prepare myself for a worst score, but this was exactly pretty much my score on the first AAMCs. In fact I think i did better on the first AAMCs than the test.

I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm through out the test . BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed.

Mm, doubt it. Spent <15 min, scored 53%, got mah thirty bucks.

(Then again, apparently 53% was in the top quarter for that trial... Maybe everyone on my day subscribed to the "answer is always C" method?)

haha ya we will find out tomorrow. Will post here if I get one or not.

I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm. BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed however undefeated. This fuels my desire even more.

Regarding my personal analysis, the test was a month ago so I won't remember each question so clearly, but I do remember not stressing extremely hard going through the verbal portion of the test. I did feel rushed going through the PS and there was that ochem portion of the BS that probably set the curve so low, but other than that I don't remember many problems too clearly. I felt confident leaving that I had done better overall than my previous attempt but it didn't seem to pan out as such.

The test is such a blur that I don't understand how people can identify where their errors were during the exam and correct it for the future. Especially not knowing what content wise I was incorrect on. I can only do that for practice exams but then poof, I still have trouble believing this score tbh.

"You answered 22% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half"

Got my 30$ giftcard !

Reactions: 3 users
Haha,a new covers for my ipad and ipod! Now I have to spend outta pocket...
If it makes you feel any better I don't think they would be able to differentiate b/w you guessing the section vs me having a good faith effort lol
That biochem was crazy!

"You answered 53% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."
I'm surprised I got this many right since my brain was mush after the rest of the exam. Now I have $30 bucks tho. Woot!

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better I don't think they would be able to differentiate b/w you guessing the section vs me having a good faith effort lol
That biochem was crazy!

That's awesome because if they had based it off of effort I would have gotten 0 because that's what my effort was while solving the "wtf" trial section.... haha!
I didn't read any of those questions,just simply guessed.

Regarding my personal analysis, the test was a month ago so I won't remember each question so clearly, but I do remember not stressing extremely hard going through the verbal portion of the test. I did feel rushed going through the PS and there was that ochem portion of the BS that probably set the curve so low, but other than that I don't remember many problems too clearly. I felt confident leaving that I had done better overall than my previous attempt but it didn't seem to pan out as such.

The test is such a blur that I don't understand how people can identify where their errors were during the exam and correct it for the future. Especially not knowing what content wise I was incorrect on. I can only do that for practice exams but then poof, I still have trouble believing this score tbh.
i'm in the same spot: definately disbelief and it's OK . More empathy for people.

Hey guys, I am at the eastern time zone and haven't received my free trial scores yet. Although its trial section but not receiving my scores yet is kind scary,hoping I didn't mess up in the actual test. I am not sure if its because I did participate in the post mcat questionnaire which aamc sent via email. Anyone has any suggestions?

Hey guys, I am at the eastern time zone and haven't received my free trial scores yet. Although its trial section but not receiving my scores yet is kind scary,hoping I didn't mess up in the actual test. I am not sure if its because I did participate in the post mcat questionnaire which aamc sent via email. Anyone has any suggestions?

I would say you probably would get an e-mail soon ... I got 22% correct and guessed so they probably just give it everyone...

I have not received mine yet either

I'm pretty sure there is some threshold, be it time spent or % correct, to receive the gift card for a "good faith effort". I know they are both really low, but I also know not everyone receives a gift card/email. If you didn't meet the cut offs the AAMC was looking for, they won't email you about your trial results at all :(

I'm pretty sure there is some threshold, be it time spent or % correct, to receive the gift card for a "good faith effort". I know they are both really low, but I also know not everyone receives a gift card/email. If you didn't meet the cut offs the AAMC was looking for, they won't email you about your trial results at all :(

Yes,you're 100% correct. Apparently they don't give out gift cards like before,now they look at what's called a "good faith effort." Oh well not really bothered by that but now I just hope my actual scores comes out correctly...

Did you guys check your junk email?? Omg time is flying by so fast I can't believe it's almost time to see how we did!!! I'm working the day I get my scores back eeekkk. I should prob wait until after work to check so I can deal with some of my more ridiculous patients haha

Did you guys check your junk email?? Omg time is flying by so fast I can't believe it's almost time to see how we did!!! I'm working the day I get my scores back eeekkk. I should prob wait until after work to check so I can deal with some of my more ridiculous patients haha

Yes,I did and it was not there.I did not fit their "good faith effort" so I did not get any gift cards. I am not sad or bothered,I just hope everything turns out good with my actual mcat scores...

Yes,I did and it was not there.I did not fit their "good faith effort" so I did not get any gift cards. I am not sad or bothered,I just hope everything turns out good with my actual mcat scores...

Yeah man who cares really about the giftcard... hopefully theyd be generous with our scores :p

Hey guys, random AMCAS question. For work and activities, whats the maximum amount of jobs you guys listed? I had 2 jobs recently.

Hey guys, random AMCAS question. For work and activities, whats the maximum amount of jobs you guys listed? I had 2 jobs recently.

Are u asking about clinical or non-clinical? Since I didn't have any paid clinical experience so left that blank but for non-clinical I listed the most recent job I had...