Match Results, Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not deceptive for the school to publish it this way... That is what the program is called for christ sake. http://www.lifebridgehealth.org/Sinai/JohnsHopkinsUniversitySinaiHospitalPrograminIntern.aspx. Should I have included an asterisk or something? It's just easy to interpret as a very prestigious match when it may or may not be the case, not deception by the school reporting it.

Ignore SkinMD, he's just a step above a troll when it comes to DO threads.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We had a person match neurosurg at University of Rochester. Also EM at Hopkins, Case Western, rads at Cleveland Clinic, Christiana Care, WVU, Temple. I've seen about 1/3 of the list. We also had at least 4 people match in to path.

So far it looks like all my friends/classmates matched at their top few places which is the most important thing.

Awesome!!

We had a person match neurosurg at University of Rochester. Also EM at Hopkins, Case Western, rads at Cleveland Clinic, Christiana Care, WVU, Temple. I've seen about 1/3 of the list. We also had at least 4 people match in to path.

So far it looks like all my friends/classmates matched at their top few places which is the most important thing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not deceptive for the school to publish it this way... That is what the program is called for christ sake. http://www.lifebridgehealth.org/Sinai/JohnsHopkinsUniversitySinaiHospitalPrograminIntern.aspx. Should I have included an asterisk or something? It's just easy to interpret as a very prestigious match when it may or may not be the case, not deception by the school reporting it.

i didn't say anything about hopkins/sinai because that is how it is indeed listed everywhere however according to FREIDA (https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/programSearchSubmitDispatch.do)....

St. Luke's is "St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program"
Maimonides is "Maimonides Medical Center Program"

....no asterisk needed, these programs do not use the names of Einstein/Columbia/Sinai in their names, period

If bore SkinMD, he's just a step above a troll when it comes to DO threads.

just telling it like it is...sometimes reality is inconvenient

It's more deceptive for the program to even call themselves that. In the case of Sinai Hospital, like I said they have an extremely extremely loose association with Hopkins. Apparently they get to do like one electives at Hopkin, and all the FMG's wear their Hopkins badges around as if they're big shots. Meanwhile, everyone else who actually knows what's up laughs at them behind their backs. It's unfortunate, but it's what happens.

Ignore SkinMD, he's just a step above a troll when it comes to DO threads.

+1, he's been doing it for years. You have to appreciate his resiliency.

just telling it like it is...sometimes reality is inconvenient

I think that's what likens you to trolls; you're not really telling it as it is, you're telling it as you see it. It's great that you can offer a perspective different from other posters and your additions are definitely valuable, but I think you're a little extreme in some of your commentary.

I figured I would try to resist the urge to post results until we had a more complete list.... but looks like the TouroNY list wont be out in full for a while. So here is a partial list from an e-mail with some additions (in parenthesis) from me on other confirmed matches in the NRMP that werent explicitly listed in the e-mail.

anything in parenthesis is my addition based on other confirmed (from the person directly) results.

"I know everyone eagerly awaits today's NRMP results. As a bit of background, 83% of our students who went through the DO match were matched, well above the national average.

In the NRMP match, 68 current seniors entered rank order lists and there were 56 matches, which is also well above the historic national average .

A partial list of the NRMP matches by hospital is listed;

Einstein/Montefiore - Pediatrics, PM&R
Einstein/Jacobi - Emergency Medicine
NYU School of Medicine - PM&R (2)
SUNY HSC Brooklyn (Downstate) - Psychiatry, Radiology
Lenox Hill Hospital - OBGYN, Medicine
Columbia Presbyterian - PM&R
St Luke's Roosevelt - Surgery (categorical)
Cleveland Clinic - Medicine
Johns Hopkins - Psychiatry
U Connecticut School of Medicine - Medicine, Anesthesiology
Staten Island University Hospital - Psychiatry, Surgery (categorical)
University of Massachusetts Medical School - Internal Medicine
StonyBrook Teaching Hospital - PM&R, Family Medicine, Pediatrics
NYMC/Westchester Medical Center - Pediatrics (2), Medicine
University of Washington - Anesthesia
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson - Neurology, Family Medicine, Pediatrics
Maimonides - Anesthesia, Medicine
(SUNY Buffalo - EM)
(Weill Cornell - PM&R)
(UC Irvine - IM)
(Midwestern University - OBGYN)
(North Shore LIJ - Psychiatry)
(U of Washington, Seattle - Anesthesiology)
(Jamaica Hospital - FM)

Other Hospitals include Riverside, U of Florida (anesthesia), St Barnabas (Emergency medicine, Radiology), Morristown, Stamford, LSU, Flushing (PM&R), NUMC (psychiatry, FM), U of Rochester (Radiology), Lincoln Medical Center, U of Colorado (Anesthesiology), Cooper University, St Chris Children's Hospital (peds), Oregon Health and Sciences, and Temple University."

Its good to see a DO match at UC Irvine, looks like they're trying to transition out DO's. Last year they stopped accepting DOs from doing Sub-Is at their hospital

I thought St. Barnabas Rads was going to be shut down?

Thought same thing. Great match list DocEspana, congrats to your classmates! Many many congratulations!! :)

Last edited:

Thought same thing. Great match list DocEspana, congrats to your classmates! Mind sharing where you will be going? Either way, many many congratulations!! :)

I think there is another St. Barnabas Hospital in New Jersey that also has a lot of AOA residencies. Maybe the matches are there?

I think there is another St. Barnabas Hospital in New Jersey that also has a lot of AOA residencies. Maybe the matches are there?

I looked into this. The barnabus EM is the barnabus in the bronx. which is overwhelmingly ACGME, but has (well, had) a AOA radiology.

The Barnabus radiology is Barnabus in NJ, which is mostly AOA, but has (still has) an ACGME radiology dept.

Its odd that they are mirror images of themselves. But yea. EM was the bronx. Radiology was Livingston, NJ.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Student Doctors,
Please join me in congratulating the class of 2013 for all their hard work and accomplishments. Below you will find a list of RVUCOM’s Match Results. To our Faculty and Staff, thank you for all the hard work in making this happen. Great match results like these do not happen without your hard work, wise advice, and dedication.
To the Class of 2013, Well Done!! We are all very proud of you and what you have accomplished. Your hard work has been recognized by your school and your future program directors. I look forward to officially welcoming you as colleagues in the “House of Medicine” on May 18th.
Dr. Dubin

2013 MATCH RESULTS BY DISCIPLINE, NUMBER MATCHED AND RESIDENCY LOCATION

DISCIPLINE MATCHED RESIDENCY LOCATION
ANESTHESIOLOGY 13
Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
George Washington Univ-DC
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor
U Kansas SOM-Kansas City
Riverside County Regional, Moreno Valley, CA
McLaren-Greater Lansing, Lansing, MI
Med Coli Wisconsin Affil Hosps
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-MN
B I Deaconess Med Ctr-MA
U Iowa Hosps and Clinics
U Colorado SOM-Denver
University Hosps-Jackson-MS
U Colorado SOM-Denver

EMERGENCY MEDICINE 18
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY
Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
Southwest Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
LECOM/UPMCE Hamot, Erie, PA
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY
Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
LECOM/UPMCE Hamot, Erie, PA
Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte, MI
St. John Providence Health System, Warren, MI
UMDNJSOM/South Jersey Healthcare, Vineland, NJ
U Kentucky Med Ctr
Central Michigan University COM
U Kentucky Med Ctr
Baystate Med Ctr-MA
Christus Spohn Mem Hosp-TX
Morristown Mem Hosp-NJ
Indiana Univ Sch Of Med

FAMILY MEDICINE 28
Oregon Health & Science Univ
U Colorado SOM-Denver
North Colorado Med Ctr
U Kansas SOM-Wichita
Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV
Blessing Health System, Quincy, IL
Detroit Wayne County Health, Detroit, MI
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Sierra Vista Regional Health, Sierra Vista, AZ
Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA
Lakeside Medical Center, Belle Glade, FL
Maine-Dartmouth FM Residency, Augusta, ME
Maine-Dartmouth FM Residency, Augusta, ME
Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, Camp Lejeune, NC
Largo Medical Center, Largo, FL
Darnall Army Medical Center, Ft. Hood, TX
Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV
Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, Camp Lejeune, NC
St Anthony North Hosp-CO
Central Maine Med Ctr
Aurora St Lukes Medical Ctr-WI
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL
Alaska Family Med/Providence Hosp
North Colorado Med Ctr
North Colorado Med Ctr
Ft Collins Fam Med-CO
Marshall University SOM-WV

GENERAL SURGERY 14
Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA
Travis Air Force Base/UC Davis Medical Center, Travis AF Base, CA
Wycoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MS
Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
William Beaumont Army Medical Hospital, El Paso, TX
South Pointe Hospital, Warrensville Heights, OH
Good Samaritan Hosp-Cinn-OH
University of MaryLand
Oregon Health & Science Univ

ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY 5
Texas Tech U Affii-Lubbock
Summa Western Reserve Hospital, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Plainview Hospital, Plainview, NY
Plainview Hospital, Plainview, NY
St. Mary's Hospital Blue Springs, Blue Springs, MO

INTERNAL MEDICINE 18
Sky Ridge Medical Center, Parker, CO
Parkview Medical Center, Pueblo, CO
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center, Dayton, OH
Danville Regional Medical Center, Danville, VA
Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, IL
Northside Hospital & Heart Institute, St. Petersberg, FL
Genesys Regional Medical-Health Park, Grand Blanc, MI
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
Texas A&M-Scott & White

INTERNAL MEDICINE/EMERGENCY MEDICINE 1
Aria Health Systems, Philadelphia, PA

OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY 10
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
McLaren-Greater Lansing, Lansing, MI
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals, Clinton Township, MI
St. John Providence Health System, Warren, MI
Mercy Health Partners, Muskegon, MI
St. Joseph Mercy-Oakland, Pontiac, MI
Good Samaritan Hospital, West Islip, NY
South Jersey Healthcare, Vineland, NJ
Baylor Coli Med-Houston-TX
University of Toledo-OH

OPTHALMOLOGY 1
Henry Ford Hospital - Wayne State University, Detroit, MI

PEDIATRICS 8
(Civilian Deferred)/ OMECO Teaching Health Center, Tulsa, OK
Madigan Army Medical Hospital, Fort Lewis, WA
Doctors Hospital, Columbus OH
U Nebraska Affil Hosps
Orlando Health-FL
University of Hawaii
U Texas Southwestern Med Sch-Dallas

PATHOLOGY 2
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
U New Mexico SOM

PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION 2
Med Coli Wisconsin AffilHosps
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO

PSYCHIATRY 5
Erie, PA
U Texas HSC-San Antonio
U Arizona COM at South Campus
University of Hawaii
U Utah Affil Hospitals

RADIOLOGY-DIAGNOSTIC 3
U South Florida COM-Tampa
Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State-PA
U Kansas SOM-Wichita

RADIOLOGY 1
McLaren-Oakland, Pontiac, MI

RADIOLOGY-ONCOLOGY 1
Baylor Coli Med-Houston-TX

TRADITIONAL ROTATING INTERNSHIP 6
Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, PA
Samaritian Regional Medical Center, Corvallis, OR
Palisades Medical Center, N. Bergen, NJ
St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
LECOM/Arnot Elmira, NY
Genesys Regional Medical-Health Park, Grand Blanc, MI

stop posting rvu!!! ahhaha

its like in a 10000 posts now

Do you guys have a match list for PNWU or COMP-western university

PNWU is pretty slow about posting this stuff. We had a roughly 80% match rate in the NRMP match from what I have gathered through the grape vine. Approximately a 90% match rate through the AOA. One AOA neurosurg, 2 ACGME Ophtho matches, one ortho surg, one general surg. Will post it when I finally see it.

Just heard, we (NYCOM) had a peds match to UCLA.

I've only heard of two so far (as a first year I don't know the 4th years at all). Grapevine here says Touro Nevada had one match into UCLA Neurology and another into Yale Anesthesiology (I think it's pgy2). Ours also takes some time to compile.

RVU has a super stellar match list! Very impressive. Certainly proved a lot of people wrong with the quality of matches. Best location and certainly one of the best DO schools.

The few that I know are the Neurology at UCLA Harbor, the Yale match you mentioned, PM&R at UC Irvine (so much for "no DOs", lol), another got surgery at an MD program in Cleveland (not sure which one yet), IM at University of Illinois-Chicago... there are lots more, that's just what I know from a quick FB check. Will post more if I find more out.

I've only heard of two so far (as a first year I don't know the 4th years at all). Grapevine here says Touro Nevada had one match into UCLA Neurology and another into Yale Anesthesiology (I think it's pgy2). Ours also takes some time to compile.

Hi, I love this thread and find it very informative. Congrats to all. But I'm wondering why people are constantly talking about a residency program being amazing/well-known or a typical program/nothing special? I get we want the best, but at the end, does it matter WHERE you do a residency, and if so, how? I thought after 4 yrs of med school, you're officially an MD/DO and then as long as you do a residency, you'll get a job...so what difference does a program's reputation make? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

RVU has a super stellar match list! Very impressive. Certainly proved a lot of people wrong with the quality of matches. Best location and certainly one of the best DO schools.

cuNr8.gif

Hi, I love this thread and find it very informative. Congrats to all. But I'm wondering why people are constantly talking about a residency program being amazing/well-known or a typical program/nothing special? I get we want the best, but at the end, does it matter WHERE you do a residency, and if so, how? I thought after 4 yrs of med school, you're officially an MD/DO and then as long as you do a residency, you'll get a job...so what difference does a program's reputation make? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Big difference in regards to reputation if you want to do academia/prestigious fellowships, but if not then no one cares as long as you're competent/friendly. Training varies a lot between top vs bottom ranked institutions. Better programs more often have more structure, fewer patients per resident, less scut work, and more attending interaction. Not everyone wants to be the best, especially after 4yrs of school. A lot of people on this forum probably want to be the best and go to fellowships, or they go to a northern school and have nothing to do with free time because it's freezing outside on the 'spring' equinox.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

As awesome as these lists appear, I think something important needs to be pointed out:
Many times a top name program isn't what the candidate wanted... When you all interview, some may visit so called "Stellar programs", but then, when match list comes, you will find that you just "Click" with a program, top-tier or not.

The lesson here, is take these lists with a grain of salt. You'll learn that the best program out there is going to be there one where you will thrive, be supported, and turn you into a fantastic doctor... If that happens to be Maricopia for EM, Mayo for IM, or a smaller community program for FM, it MUST be the one where you feel that you will thrive. Makes no sense to go to a program based on name because a miserable resident will not learn.

That said, everyone should be very proud of their accomplishments! Cheers to the class of 2013, and GL to the class of 2014!

As awesome as these lists appear, I think something important needs to be pointed out:
Many times a top name program isn't what the candidate wanted... When you all interview, some may visit so called "Stellar programs", but then, when match list comes, you will find that you just "Click" with a program, top-tier or not.

The lesson here, is take these lists with a grain of salt. You'll learn that the best program out there is going to be there one where you will thrive, be supported, and turn you into a fantastic doctor... If that happens to be Maricopia for EM, Mayo for IM, or a smaller community program for FM, it MUST be the one where you feel that you will thrive. Makes no sense to go to a program based on name because a miserable resident will not learn.

That said, everyone should be very proud of their accomplishments! Cheers to the class of 2013, and GL to the class of 2014!

If you don't want to do a fellowship, yeah, I agree. However, if you do want to do a fellowship, it's in your best interest to attend the most badass program you can.

"Most bad ass program" within reason... if you choose a program based on name alone and you are miserable, you will perform poorly, and thus kiss that fellowship goodbye. No one will care you went to Mayo when you sucked. I agree with the spirit of what you are saying, I'm just offering perspective.

"Most bad ass program" within reason... if you choose a program based on name alone and you are miserable, you will perform poorly, and thus kiss that fellowship goodbye. No one will care you went to Mayo when you sucked. I agree with the spirit of what you are saying, I'm just offering perspective.

Yep, I agree. I ranked solid, non-ivy league programs over the ivy/top 10 programs i interviewed at because I wanted a better quality of life in residency. But I was lucky to have so many options. If I only had the option of 1 university program that was malignant, but had good fellowship placement versuses a bunch of pleasant community programs with few fellowships...I'd pick the unpleasant university program. But that's me.

Mayo is a very pleasant place, by the way.

Yep, I agree. I ranked solid, non-ivy league programs over the ivy/top 10 programs i interviewed at because I wanted a better quality of life in residency. But I was lucky to have so many options. If I only had the option of 1 university program that was malignant, but had good fellowship placement versuses a bunch of pleasant community programs with few fellowships...I'd pick the unpleasant university program. But that's me.

Mayo is a very pleasant place, by the way.

Where did you match?

Last edited:
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Student Doctors,
Please join me in congratulating the class of 2013 for all their hard work and accomplishments. Below you will find a list of RVUCOM’s Match Results. To our Faculty and Staff, thank you for all the hard work in making this happen. Great match results like these do not happen without your hard work, wise advice, and dedication.
To the Class of 2013, Well Done!! We are all very proud of you and what you have accomplished. Your hard work has been recognized by your school and your future program directors. I look forward to officially welcoming you as colleagues in the “House of Medicine” on May 18th.
Dr. Dubin

as in the EKG dr. dubin?

Still not on topic of Match Results (other than pissing contest over RVU)

.....well, carry on....

Western COMP 2013. Sorry for the crappy formatting.

Anesthesiology

Anesthesiology RCRMC Moreno Valley, CA AOA

Anesthesiology Rush University Medical Center Chicago, IL ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston Galveston, TX ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston Galveston, TX ACGME
Anesthesiology Tufts University - Baystate Medical Center Springfield, MA ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Washington Seattle,WA ACGME

Diagnostic Radiology

Diagnostic Radiology Brookhaven Memorial Patchogue, NY AOA

Diagnostic Radiology Penn State University Hershey, PA ACGME

Emergency Medicine

Emergency Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Emergency Medicine St. Barnabas Bronx, NY AOA
Emergency Medicine St. John Providence Warren, MI AOA

Emergency Medicine Albany Medical College Albany, NY ACGME
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Health Care District Visalia, CA ACGME
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Health Care District Visalia, CA ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Texas - San Antonio San Antonio, TX ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Nebraska Omaha, NE ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of MO-KC Truman Kansas City, MO ACGME
Emergency Medicine Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Florida Gainesville, FL ACGME
Emergency Medicine Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME
Emergency Medicine Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center Fort Hood, TX U.S. Army

ENT

Otolaryngology Detroit Medical Center Detroit, MI AOA

Family Medicine

Family Medicine Bay Area CCMC Corpus Christi, TX AOA
Family Medicine CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Family Medicine DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Family Medicine EVVCOM/Blue Ridge Healthcare Morganton, NC AOA
Family Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Family Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Family Medicine Kent Warwick, RI AOA
Family Medicine Lonestar Family Conroe, TX AOA
Family Medicine Mountain Vista Medical Center Mesa, AZ AOA
Family Medicine Pacific Hospital Long Beach Long Beach, CA AOA
Family Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA/ACGME
Family medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Christiana Care Wilmington, DE AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Central Washington Fam Med - Rural Track Ellensburg, WAAOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Wright Center Scranton, PA AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Contra Costa Martinez, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Glendale Adventist Glendale, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Fontana Fontana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Fontana Fontana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Orange County Santa Ana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Orange County Anaheim, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Riverside Riverside, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Sunset Los Angeles (Sunset), CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Sunset Los Angeles (Sunset), CA ACGME
Family Medicine Loma Linda Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Merced Merced, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Redding Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Redding Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Shasta Community Health Center Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mount Sinai/Harlem Residency New York City, NY ACGME
Family Medicine Natividad Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Natividad Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Northridge Hospital Northridge, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Northridge Hospital Northridge, CA ACGME
Family Medicine O'Connor Hospital (Stanford) San Jose, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Pomona, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Pomona, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Providence Milwaukie Portland, OR ACGME
Family Medicine Salinas Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCI Orange, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCSD San Diego, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Family Medicine University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN ACGME
Family Medicine University of North Carolina/ Mtn Area Health Asheville, NC ACGME
Family Medicine University of Washington Seattle, WA ACGME
Family Medicine USC/California Hospital Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Family Medicine WOMAC Ft. Bragg, NC U.S. Army

General Surgery

General Surgery DMC Sinai-Grace Detroit, MI AOA
General Surgery Good Samaritan Regional Health Corvallis, OR AOA
General Surgery Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA
General Surgery St. Barnabas Bronx, NY AOA

Internal Medicine

Internal Medicine Aria Health Philadelphia, PA AOA
Internal Medicine Aria Health Philadelphia, PA AOA
Internal Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Internal Medicine CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Internal Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Internal Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Internal Medicine McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital Lansing, MI AOA
Internal Medicine Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA
Internal Medicine MSU-Sparrow Hospital Lansing, MI AOA
Internal Medicine PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Internal Medicine Skagit Valley Hospital Mt. Vernon, WA AOA
Internal Medicine Skyridge Medical Center Lone Tree, CO AOA
Internal Medicine UMDNJ-Stratford/Kennedy Stratford, NJ AOA
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital Medical Center Las Vegas, NV AOA
Internal Medicine Wright State University Dayton, OH Military

Internal Medicine Harbor UCLA Torrance, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine Legacy Portland, OR ACGME
Internal Medicine Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine Providence St. Vincent's Medical Portland, OR ACGME
Internal Medicine Santa Barbara Cottage Santa Barbara, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine University of Connecticut Hartford, CT ACGME
Internal Medicine University of South Florida Tampa, FL ACGME
Internal Medicine University of Texas - Houston Houston, TX ACGME

Med - Peds

Med-Peds Western Michigan University School of Medicine Kalamazoo, MI ACGME

Neurology

Neurology Baylor Houston, TX ACGME

OB / GYN

Obstetrics & Gynecology ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Genesys Regional Grand Blanc, MI AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Grandview Hospital Dayton, OH AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Resurrection Health Care Chicago, IL AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology UMDNJ Stratford, NJ AOA

Obstetrics & Gynecology Baystate Medical Center Springfield, MA ACGME
Obstetrics & gynecology Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Obstetrics & Gynecology UCSF Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Obstetrics & Gynecology UCSF Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME

Orthopedic Surgery

Orthopedic Surgery CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Orthopedic Surgery GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA

Pediatrics

Pediatrics Broward Health Medical Center Fort Lauderdale, FL AOA
Pediatrics Miami Children's Hospital Miami, FL AOA

Pediatrics Advocate Children's Hospital Chicago, IL ACGME
Pediatrics Children's Hospital of LA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Dell Children's Hospital Austin, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Dell Children's Hospital Austin, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics LAC-USC Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Loyola Chicago, IL ACGME
Pediatrics Texas A&M/McLane Children's Hospital Scott&White Temple, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME

PM & R

PM & R Northwestern University (RIC) Chicago, IL ACGME
PM & R Schwab Rehabilitation Chicago, IL ACGME
PM & R Tufts University Boston, MA ACGME
PM & R UC Irvine Irvine, CA ACGME
PM & R UC Irvine Irvine, CA ACGME
PM & R UCLA/ VAGHLA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
PM & R UCLA/VA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
PM & R UTHSCSA San Antonio, TX ACGME

Psychiatry

Psychiatry MCH Erie, PA AOA
Psychiatry Largo Medical Center Largo, FL AOA

Psychiatry LLUMC Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Psychiatry MUSC Charleston, SC ACGME
Psychiatry North Shore- Long Island Jewish Queens, New York ACGME
Psychiatry OHSU Portland, OR ACGME
Psychiatry University of Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii ACGME
Psychiatry University of Washington Seattle, WA ACGME

Traditional Year

Traditional Year Coney Island Hospital Brooklyn, NY AOA
Traditional Year DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Traditional Year DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Traditional Year GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Traditional Year Palm Beach Center for GME Port St. Lucie, FL AOA
Traditional Year PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Traditional Year PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Traditional Year Westchester General Miami, FL AOA
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Portsmouth, VA United States Navy
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center, San Diego San Diego, CA United States Navy
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center, San Diego San Diego, CA United States Navy
Traditional Year Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda, MD United States Navy

Urology

Urology Detroit Medical Center Detroit, MI AOA

Interesting. AMA commentary on the match was that ~1,100 US MD graduates did not match into any residency (post-SOAP). Thats roughly 4% of them. Thats about 1.5-2x the historic rate of US MDs not matching.

Ruh Roh.

Lets all take a moment to be proud of what matches we did get.

Lets all take a moment to be proud of what matches we did get.

+1.

SOAP week was rough this year and there were significant #'s of folks still looking after the week was through. Step 1 averages are going up every year and there are more and more applicants flooding the system...good luck future classes. Work hard.

AZCOM 2013 match results.

2 neursurg, 12 ortho, including a acgme vascular surgery and a acgme derm.

link removed by mod by request - contains personal information

Last edited by a moderator:
NYCOM has had some great matches this year, very proud of my classmates. The official list won't be out for awhile but this is what I have gathered:

IM- Stonybrook, UCONN, Lennox Hill, Temple, NUMC, Georgetown, Pitt, Jacobi/Montefiore, SIUH, UMDNJ-Newark
Psych- Stonybrook, Westchester, Lutheran General (chicago), Drexel
EM- DO- Barnabas, Saint Joe's, Good Sam, Newark Beth Israel, Kent, St Luke's MD- UMDNJ-RWJ, NY Hosp Queens, Hackensack, Beth Israel NYC, UC Davis, U of Buffalo
Peds- Maria Fareri (Westchester), Winthrop, UCONN, Maimonides
Surgery- Lutheran, Saint Joe's
Urology- Albert Einstein Philly
Optho- NY presbyterian
Anesthesia- UCONN, St Luke's Roosevelt, Westchester, Downstate, Rochester, U. Penn
Family- Beth Israel NYC, Ellis, NSLIJ-Plainview, Wilson, Lutheran
Ob/gyn- Jersey City, Baystate, Saint Joe's, Sister's, Geisenger
Radiology- Morristown, North Shore University Hospital
Neurology- U. Maryland, North Shore-LIJ
PMnR- NYU, NUMC
Pathology-Winthrop
Ortho- Plainview

There's definitely a million more amazing matches. Congrats to everyone!

Interesting. This leads me to believe that the Westchester med peds program is a new DO turf (woo). 3 from our school (IIRC) and 1 from NYCOM

Holy crap... 25+ EM matches with the majority being ACGME matches? That's very impressive... but I am confused. Unless I read that wrong you had 210 people in the graduating class?!?! That might be the bigger "Holy crap"
AZCOM 2013 match results.

2 neursurg, 12 ortho, including a acgme vascular surgery and a acgme derm.

link removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
how big is western?!! jezz man..is that double keyed?

azcom..12 ortho???????

Holy crap... 25+ EM matches with the majority being ACGME matches? That's very impressive... but I am confused. Unless I read that wrong you had 210 people in the graduating class?!?! That might be the bigger "Holy crap"

They have a big class, but I noticed at least a handful of people who were on there twice.

Pretty sure their class size is even larger than that.

An MD derm match for AZCOM? I always heard derm MD was impossible for DOs to get into.

Nothing is impossible. The AZCOM class before mine had an allo rad/onc match I believe at mayo too. AZCOM generally does well in the ACGME world