Match - in or not? sad or mad?

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if people matched, where, and how they are feeling.

We didn't get our first choice (WI) and I am a bit sad. We did get my hubbies 2nd choice (my 3rd as far as living goes), but its still a bit of a curve-ball because we had such great feedback about the WI program.

Hubby is happy, surprised, but happy. I am happy too.....but still working on the being as excited as I was about our first choice. After all, there is a reason we all rank someone first. :)

How did everyone do and how is everyone feeling?

With sad smiles,
Wifty

Members don't see this ad.

We didn't match at the top either, which was kind of a shock and a disappointment, but we're going to Phoenix and we're already finding a lot of bright sides to it. :) Now it's time to start looking at real estate, making moving arrangements, thinking about quitting my job! The ball is really rolling now!

Congrats on matching, and sorry about the conflicting emotions -- believe me, I feel your pain. :oops:

Sorry i'm getting back to you so late! We're battling the flu here...ick. I haven't been this sick in ages.

we're happy. we got #4...which was suprising/unexpected, but not sad at all. I guess its just easy to build up "how the match will go" with your #1 and it sorta makes you stop and think when you get another. I KNOW we'll be happy though.

We're headed to Indianapolis- Indiana U

Alison- Congrats! Sounds exciting. you have a big move ahead too
Rebecca- congrats! I guess we weren't meant to be in WI huh? are you headed somewhere warmer? indy will be a bit warmer/less snowy than WI.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Just wanted to see if people matched, where, and how they are feeling"

Well, we matched in Norfolk, VA. It was my DH's top pick so we're pretty happy. I'm a little nervous, since I've never moved away from home before (about 10 hours from VA), but I hear it's a nice city. We're going up on spring break to take a look, maybe find a place to live. We decided against buying right away for a few reasons, mostly time and distance. It's all a little overwhelming, but I guess you can't beat life at the beach!
;)
Ashley

congrats to everyone who matched and who got what they wanted. i'm not going through that scary process yet...thank goodness!!

We're headed to Indianapolis- Indiana U

and to lovemydrhubby....i'm from the University of Tennesee...so naturally i say YAY for Indiana...GO COLTS!!! :) :) :)