Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This also interests me.

More interests me how many minutes are left till may 1st haha
I know! It seriously cannot come soon enough. I'm still hopeful that call will come sooner. Haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptance! :). Was there a big turnout that day?

I'm curious about this too. I'm actually wondering if we will get a info heads up sometime soon like last year? I mean during my interview they said they'd probably interview only 500 this year. But it's curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptance! :). Was there a big turnout that day?

thank you! I'm very excited! There were probably 20-30 people there that day.

I'm sending good luck vibes to all of you still waiting! The wait is almost over :)

Reactions: 1 user
thank you! I'm very excited! There were probably 20-30 people there that day.

I'm sending good luck vibes to all of you still waiting! The wait is almost over :)

I have to admit, they really draw in huge amounts of people. It's kinda surprising this late in the game.

Anywho, mind sharing stats?

I have to admit, they really draw in huge amounts of people. It's kinda surprising this late in the game.

Anywho, mind sharing stats?

Yeah, I'm really surprised with the acceptance. I had 3.8/31 for my stats

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not lol. Did you get in anywhere else?
I applied really late, so I didn't think I would have a chance at admission at all. That and i thought my interview didnt go so well.
I did get accepted at rocky vista and Campbell university, so I have a tough decision ahead :/

I applied really late, so I didn't think I would have a chance at admission at all. That and i thought my interview didnt go so well.
I did get accepted at rocky vista and Campbell university, so I have a tough decision ahead :/

Indeed. Well, I hope you choose the school that appeals to you best.

After a lot of deliberation, I decided to withdraw my acceptance to Marian. I hope the seat goes to one of you guys!! Good luck and hang in there :)

Reactions: 2 users
After a lot of deliberation, I decided to withdraw my acceptance to Marian. I hope the seat goes to one of you guys!! Good luck and hang in there :)

Decided law school was more your thing huh? Lol
Haha, but yah good luck at whatever place you choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this probably may be a question you can answer. But will the committee review the alt list on May 1st?

Does MU-COM have any plans on increasing their class size? Or will they be staying the same until they graduate the first class? ~160 currently correct?

Does MU-COM have any plans on increasing their class size? Or will they be staying the same until they graduate the first class? ~160 currently correct?
They have received provisional accreditation with an approved class size of 150 and are allowed an additional 8% of 150 for attrition. 162 total seats. As far as further increase, not sure but I believe they have to wait until they graduate the first class.

The Hep B vaccine is a series of three shots over 6 months. MU-COM permits you to submit your immunization form after getting the 2nd Hep B shot--then you finish the series at the appropriate time and supply the Office of Student Affairs with documentation [of the third shot].

Admissions

Do we need to fill out an additional form if the third Hepatitis B shot will not be received before classes start? I checked my email and the MUCOM website but found nothing.

Do we need to fill out an additional form if the third Hepatitis B shot will not be received before classes start? I checked my email and the MUCOM website but found nothing.

Please contact MU-COM Student Affairs for assistance with immunizations.

Admissions

Any word on which iPad the upcoming class is getting?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk

Question about 3rd and 4th year rotations. How many students will get to rotate at the level one trauma centers for IM and EM? Will there be a lottery?

Hello, I was just wondering if there was any way we can update Marian with new information related to recent work experiences or shadowing. Would admissions like such information? I know as stated before we could update our applications with this information, but as of the first of the month AACOMAS stopped accepting updates.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any word on which iPad the upcoming class is getting?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk

Members of the Class of 2018 will receive an iPad 4 with 16 GB.

MU-COM

Hello, I was just wondering if there was any way we can update Marian with new information related to recent work experiences or shadowing. Would admissions like such information? I know as stated before we could update our applications with this information, but as of the first of the month AACOMAS stopped accepting updates.

Thanks.

One document containing all of your updates can be sent to Bryan Moody at [email protected].

Admissions

Members of the Class of 2018 will receive an iPad 4 with 16 GB.

MU-COM

Would it be possible to pay the difference and upgrade to the Ipad Air? Also do we get the Ipads at the white coat ceremony or prior to that during the orientation.

Would it be possible to pay the difference and upgrade to the Ipad Air? Also do we get the Ipads at the white coat ceremony or prior to that during the orientation.

There is not an upgrade option. iPads are distributed during orientation.

Admissions

Tomorrow may bring excellent news to some of us on the alternate list. May the odds be ever in our favor! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Greetings from MU-COM!
  • Volume 6 of the DO Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.
  • Volume 7 will be released before the end of May.
Admissions

Greetings from MU-COM!
  • Volume 6 of the DO Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.
  • Volume 7 will be released before the end of May.
Admissions

Admissions,

Is the alternate list going to be reviewed today ?

Thanks!!

Any East Coasters attending MUCOM? Where are you coming from?

Admissions,

Is the alternate list going to be reviewed today ?

Thanks!!

The alternate list was reviewed today [at 7 AM] but the tuition deposit deadline was not until 5 PM. Some offers were made. More will go out tomorrow.

Admissions

The alternate list was reviewed today [at 7 AM] but the tuition deposit deadline was not until 5 PM. Some offers were made. More will go out tomorrow.

Admissions
And just like that, my frown has been turned upside down! Thanks MU-COM!!!

Accepted!!! My e-mail has been showered with information from the advantage series and a congrats letter! It looks like today will be the day I get that call!!! Indy here I come! :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!! My e-mail has been showered with information from the advantage series and a congrats letter! It looks like today will be the day I get that call!!! Indy here I come! :soexcited:
Congrats!! Me too!!! Assuming this isn't a fluke (since I've never heard of anyone getting acceptance emails before the call), May 2nd just became one of the best days of my life!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! Me too!!! Assuming this isn't a fluke (since I've never heard of anyone getting acceptance emails before the call), May 2nd just became one of the best days of my life!! :)
Yes!!! Congrats to you as well! :)

Sorry no calls today. The admission staff is out of the office.

Congrats still!

MU-COM

Reactions: 3 users

Congrats still!

MU-COM
Thanks MU-COM. Glad to be part of the Class of 2018! Will they start calling next week then?

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats still!

MU-COM

If you don't get off today do you think that your changes of getting off are very low? Or do we still have a solid shot?

Also are all the portal modifications complete today? Or will more people be getting their portal changed later today?

Was placed on the first quartile in early April and nothing today... I was really hoping today would be the day but it doesn't look like it's going to be. :(

Was placed on the first quartile in early April and nothing today... I was really hoping today would be the day but it doesn't look like it's going to be. :(

It may not be too bad. I think the people being contacted are just for spots open yesterday at 7am. Some extra missed deadlines may open up... Maybe...

Reactions: 1 users