Made kind of a huge mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

September24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at an osteopathic medical school and was randomly looking back at my application and noticed I messed up on the date on one of my employments. It is one year off and it looks like I have been working for two years instead of one (which is correct).

I already interviewed at the place. I will contact them soon. Is there anything else I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

What type of job is this?
It's a part time afterschool teaching position. Not healthcare related but I did write an optional essay about it as well as receive a letter of recommendation from my employer. However, it did not come up in the interview. I only recently noticed the mistake since I just happened to check my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You did the responsible thing. Proud of you, and hoping for the best. :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
You did the responsible thing. Proud of you, and hoping for the best. :thumbup:
I am hoping to call them tomorrow (if this is the responsible thing you mean :) ). They are closed now. Is that the best course of action in your opinion?

I am hoping to call them tomorrow (if this is the responsible thing you mean :) ). They are closed now. Is that the best course of action in your opinion?
Call or email, yeah. Of course they usually can't change anything on the application, but maybe they're able to write some notes on it. Showing some honesty and integrity is also a wonderful thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Call or email, yeah. Of course they usually can't change anything on the application, but maybe they're able to write some notes on it. Showing some honesty and integrity is also a wonderful thing.

Yes, I agree. I'm gonna call them tomorrow. I am however a bit nervous. I hope it doesn't reflect too bad on my application especially since I am in the final review for a spot. They will re-evaluate me probably. However, I can't let them review me under false information. It's not right.

I don't think many people will care about your part-time afterschool job, but you should ask them to correct your mistake somehow.

Edit: Didn't see Goro's authoritative reply.

Last edited: