Made huge mistake on AACOMAS APP (Already Submitted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A4320

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after so many hours of writing, editing, and checking over my application, I made a huge mistake. I had two documents for my work and activities (AMCAS 700 character count) and my Extracurriculars (AACOMAS 600 character count) and right before submitting I decided to recopy and paste my entries to make sure there were not any mistakes. Like an idiot, I copied my AMCAS (700 count) descriptions instead. As I reviewed it so many times before, I thought that I was in the clear and clicked submit and paid my fees. Decided to read over my app today when I noticed that most of my Experience entries are cut off at the end. Although it has not been reviewed yet, it clearly says once submitted there can be no changes. I emailed AACOMAS about this but basically I am wondering how screwed am I?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can add new duplicate entries to your experiences with the correct descriptions after submitting. Although it would still be pretty obvious that you made the mistakes since you can't delete the ones you submitted and they would still see the experiences with the cut-off descriptions. I would suggest using the AACOMAS chat service and ask them what they can do/recommend

Reactions: 1 users
You can add new duplicate entries to your experiences with the correct descriptions after submitting. Although it would still be pretty obvious that you made the mistakes since you can't delete the ones you submitted and they would still see the experiences with the cut-off descriptions. I would suggest using the AACOMAS chat service and ask them what they can do/recommend
That's a good idea. Thank you I'll ask them about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering about that. I want to change the title of one of my experiences. My title was incorrect. However, I wonder if that might look like I am adding extra items and am lying on my app?

I am wondering about that. I want to change the title of one of my experiences. My title was incorrect. However, I wonder if that might look like I am adding extra items and am lying on my app?
I don't think they'll think you're adding extra stuff if you mention that you're correcting a title of another experience (that might take some character space tho)

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they'll think you're adding extra stuff if you mention that you're correcting a title of another experience (that might take some character space tho)
Thank you, I will mention the correction in the comments section.

Thank you, I will mention the correction in the comments section.
No problem! I'd still ask AACOMAS what they can do about it tho, since I'm not an expert and that's just a suggestion I heard. Maybe they can actually change the title for you but idk if that's possible but I think it's worth a shot