Looking to switch to psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psybrdelic

-leann
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So, I'm in a sticky situation. I'm currently in a neurosurgery residency and I'm looking to transfer. It has crossed my mind that perhaps I was meant to do psych, my first interest when I was a first & second year medical student.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for programs looking for a PGY-2 to start this year. As I have never done this before, I'm kind of at a loss. If you could help or give guidance, I would be most apprecative.

My email is [email protected].

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

So, I'm in a sticky situation. I'm currently in a neurosurgery residency and I'm looking to transfer. It has crossed my mind that perhaps I was meant to do psych, my first interest when I was a first & second year medical student.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for programs looking for a PGY-2 to start this year. As I have never done this before, I'm kind of at a loss. If you could help or give guidance, I would be most apprecative.

My email is [email protected].

Thanks...

It can't be that difficult to switch at this stage.... just apply to places with open spots for PGY2. The only problem is probably getting letters from your PD.

I lost my last vacation bc I was in a major MVA and had to take time off.