This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virajpatel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've run into a bit of a roadblock. I've got 25 schools here that I narrowed my list to but I feel like applying to this many schools will just reflect poorly on my application. Anyone willing to help narrow it down? I am a Michigan resident, btw. And here are my stats, in brief.

DAT: 22 AA/ 22 PAT
GPA: 3.02 cGPA/3.09 BCP
Grad GPA (biomedical science masters): 4.0
Volunteer hours: ~ 200 hours
Shadowing: ~ 200 hours

I've now been hired as a dental assistant at the clinic where I was a volunteer.

AT Still Univ
Midwestern- Arizona
Herman Ostro
UoP Dugoni
Wstern University
Lecom
NOVA
Midwester- Illinois
Univ of louisville
Boston Univ
creighton
Tufts
UNE- Maine
UDM
UofM
AT Still Missouri
UNLV
Columbia
NYU
Touro
Case Western
Temple
Upenn
Roseman
Harvard

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

How would it affect poorly on your application? The only thing it will affect is your wallet.

Reactions: 1 users
^^ I hear you on that. I just crunched the numbers and it wasn't looking too good, another reason why I want to condense this list. But more importantly I want to get in this cycle. This bigger hit to the wallet would be not getting in after spending the past year and a half taking classes after undergrad and now almost being doing with my SMP.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only school I see you having trouble getting into is Harvard.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me be clear, it won't look bad to dental schools if I apply to 20+ schools? I've done my research on the schools in terms of the profile of students and for most of them I really like the city. With that said, it's my third time applying so I also want to get in, desperately. I'm not just applying for the heck so I don't want adcoms to have the impression. Thanks for your help @Likkriue

Let me be clear, it won't look bad to dental schools if I apply to 20+ schools? I've done my research on the schools in terms of the profile of students and for most of them I really like the city. With that said, it's my third time applying so I also want to get in, desperately. I'm not just applying for the heck so I don't want adcoms to have the impression. Thanks for your help @Likkriue
No, some schools will ask what schools you applied to and what your status is with them during the supplementals, but some also don't. The only thing you are hurting is your wallet.