Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i believe in one of the smp threads someone mentioned this program is for ppl that dont have alot of science background. is there a former student that would like to comment about this statement.

Members don't see this ad.

Any other acceptances? Rejections?

Anyone......anyone.....Bueller......Bueller....?

I'm looking for feedback for the program.

The quality of instruction and how many people are admitted and how many are interviewed for the DO program and how many are accepted?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone?

The quality of instruction and how many people are admitted and how many are interviewed for the DO program and how many are accepted?

Thanks

This thread is dead. Maybe it should be an indication?

Thanks

Wish I could provide you more than what is already in the thread.

Wish I could provide you more than what is already in the thread.
I agree I think this question was already answered previously .
anyone interested in starting a Facebook page for this year class?
:corny:

I think it's a good idea. Are you going to start it Zach?

Although myself and domoloft11 are till waiting on decisions. For some reason there has been a delay over the last few weeks and information has been scarce.

still nada for me! i called like 5 times. i left a message but i doubt they'll call back. i'll try again later...

Not sure what the hang up is but I'm beginning to reevaluate things. Not a good sign when you're unable to get in touch with or unable have someone call you back about your application for weeks on end.

I've also called a few times to get some more information on the program only to get no returned replies. I'm 75% sure I'll be attending this program and the lack of communication is starting to make me a little nervous.

I've also called a few times to get some more information on the program only to get no returned replies. I'm 75% sure I'll be attending this program and the lack of communication is starting to make me a little nervous.

Agreed. Have you at least gotten an acceptance yet or are you still waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's a good idea. Are you going to start it Zach?

Although myself and domoloft11 are till waiting on decisions. For some reason there has been a delay over the last few weeks and information has been scarce.

I was hoping some one with more knowledge then me of FB will start it? :confused:

Hi everyone! This is my very first post on sdn! I also applied to this program and am still waiting to hear back. I have called a couple of times to verify everything was received and have always gotten someone to tell me what had and hadn't been received during the call. I have never called and left a message though so I can't tell you of my experiences with that. I feel like I should be getting a decision from them anytime, but who knows. Well that,s all I have, just wanted to jump in and introduce myself!

Hi everyone! This is my very first post on sdn! I also applied to this program and am still waiting to hear back. I have called a couple of times to verify everything was received and have always gotten someone to tell me what had and hadn't been received during the call. I have never called and left a message though so I can't tell you of my experiences with that. I feel like I should be getting a decision from them anytime, but who knows. Well that,s all I have, just wanted to jump in and introduce myself!

Welcome. How long ago did u apply?

Thanks for the welcome. About a month or so ago my application was complete. When I last called to check I was told the committee had my application so I took that as it was being reviewed for the big decision...but I could be wrong. That was about 2 weeks ago.

This program is great for one thing, getting into medical school if and only if you are prepared to deal with the fact that the undergraduate experience isnt that great. However at the end of the day, if getting into medical school is your most important goal then by all means give it a go.

Most, if not all, of the current class are frustrated with the undergrad and think that second semester especially is very poorly organized. There is a special topics biochem class in which the teacher became sick after the first week and then there weren't any classes for almost two months. the program director had no idea that the teacher was sick and finally when he did find out and then found a different teacher, that teacher taught for a bit and then was replaced again by the old teacher who insists on teaching organic chemistry and not biochemistry. The undergrad immunology course is good and first semester molecular genetics i guess helps a bit with the mcat but thats about it.

DCOM on the other hand is great. the faculty, the staff, the school itself is excellent and is the only thing that has kept many of the post-bacs going.

There have been several people that apparently recently complained to the undergrad so they are looking to restructure the program and make it better for next year. Whether that actually happens of course remains to be seen.

Despite everything though, if you ask most of the post bacs if they would do this program again, i think most would say the following:
1) DCOM is amazing and they are happy to be a part of it.
2) doing this program has helped them get into dcom and given them a chance to become a doctor.

I am not trying to scare anyone but I also want to be honest. The program is just starting out and do i think it has the potential to improve, oh ya! but like i said, despite the program's issues, did it give people a chance to become doctors, yes!

i think that anyone who is looking to attend this program should still attend but just don't expect the undergrad part of the experience to be excellent. First semester, things were fine because everyone was so busy with MGA that no one really had time to think about the undergrad classes but second semester, now that is the killer. apart from a few courses, everything else is so-so. Most of the post bacs have just sat around bored with the only happy part of all of this being for the people that got ACCEPTED INTO DCOM!!!! For people that didn't get in, it's been hard because this semester has involved a lot of boredom and sitting around.

Dont let what i said change your mind because this program will give you the chance you need to get into medical school, but also dont expect too much from the undergrad portion. If you come in with that mindset, you will do quite well and not feel frustrated. Besides, there is always the hope/chance that they will fix many of these issues by july so that you guys have an excellent experience.

DCOM IS SO AMAZING THAT IT MAKES UP FOR ANY ISSUES THE UNDERGRAD HAS. Plus, the group is so small that you really end up feeling like a family and for those two things, most of the post-bacs could not be any happier. The friendships people have made and how great DCOM is have made up for everything else. MGA is also great. I am sure most people would still apply to this program knowing everything they know now simply because taking anatomy with first year medical students is awesome and for the family environment that the post bacs have.

Last edited:
oh and don't let the fact that no one is returning phone calls get to you. it's happend to everyone at some point before starting the program.

do the program if you want to get into med school, you like dcom, and are willing to work your butt off in anatomy. but if you are someone that complains, sees the downside to everything, and is really picky then the undergrad part of this program might frustrate you, that is if they don't fix things.

again, i don't think you should suddenly not be a part of this program because of what i said, but just make sure that you really want to become a doctor and go to medical school because if you do, then any issues that a new program has will be worth it but if you are feeling so/so about it, then you will start getting really frustrated, especially if you did all this work and didn't even get into DCOM.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I have three quick questions which I hope u can answer:

1. How many people in the program
2. How many people get dcom interviews?
3. How many people get into dcom from the post bac group?

Thanks

oh and don't let the fact that no one is returning phone calls get to you. it's happend to everyone at some point before starting the program.

do the program if you want to get into med school, you like dcom, and are willing to work your butt off in anatomy. but if you are someone that complains, sees the downside to everything, and is really picky then the undergrad part of this program might frustrate you, that is if they don't fix things.

again, i don't think you should suddenly not be a part of this program because of what i said, but just make sure that you really want to become a doctor and go to medical school because if you do, then any issues that a new program has will be worth it but if you are feeling so/so about it, then you will start getting really frustrated, especially if you did all this work and didn't even get into DCOM.

Thanks for the info! I have three quick questions which I hope u can answer:

1. How many people in the program
2. How many people get dcom interviews?
3. How many people get into dcom from the post bac group?

Thanks

1. started with 30, now 25
2. everyone got interviews
3. all but 5 got accepted.

Hey

Thanks for the info again! Jw if you knew why the 5 didn't get accepted? Sorry just trying to figure out if I'm attending. Any info would be helpful

1. started with 30, now 25
2. everyone got interviews
3. all but 5 got accepted.

Thank you for the info, netters! I too have had problems with trying to obtain information about this program, so it's great to here from a student.

I fell in love with DCOM after getting only a small taste when I interviewed there last year, so I can understand what you mean when you say DCOM makes up for any problems with the post-bacc program!

netters, thank you for the great post and all the great information! Could you comment on the typical class size of the undergraduate courses and what the housing situation is? thanks!

Undergrad class size is under 30, maybe 25-26. In terms of housing, you can either live on campus or off. The housing director is really nice so I am sure if you have any questions you can ask. Also a quick search on the LMU website will show you the available options and pricing.

I just found out I got in. They're sending out a group of decision letters today. :)

I just found out I got in. They're sending out a group of decision letters today. :)

Congrats! I just got off the phone Dr. J to ask some questions about the program. He said he is probably going to have all the Post-Baccs take Biochem and Molecular Genetics along with Anatomy. He also said to fill out the Graduate Housing as soon as possible if we plan on living on campus ..AND he also said ' someone should probably start a Facebook group or something like that' :thumbup: I guess I will oblige and start that group!

Congrats! I just got off the phone Dr. J to ask some questions about the program. He said he is probably going to have all the Post-Baccs take Biochem and Molecular Genetics along with Anatomy. He also said to fill out the Graduate Housing as soon as possible if we plan on living on campus ..AND he also said ' someone should probably start a Facebook group or something like that' :thumbup: I guess I will oblige and start that group!

Biochem and molecular genetics with med students or still undergrad?

has anyone received their matriculate packet in the mail?

Hello guys =) I just got my acceptance letter and only have a week left before my deposit is due. Do you know if I can pay for it online? (my letter only says to send it to admissions by regular mail)

Hello guys =) I just got my acceptance letter and only have a week left before my deposit is due. Do you know if I can pay for it online? (my letter only says to send it to admissions by regular mail)

You can call them and pay over the phone through the cashier office.
Now regarding the matriculation stuff , I Ve talked to cherrie from admission and she said that they will be sending them next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can call them and pay over the phone through the cashier office.
Now regarding the matriculation stuff , I Ve talked to cherrie from admission and she said that they will be sending them next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much =) I am glad this method is available for payment. I am really happy I got accepted and will likely attend LMU (unless NSU accepts me). Congrats to all of those who got accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting. BTW maybe because I am from a big city but the area looks really peaceful and great for studying =)

I already paid my deposit guys =) anyone knows what is the best place to get a one bed apartment? I noticed last year students were staying at somewhere called Mars apartments, is this still the place to go? Also I have metro pcs as my cell company do you know if it will work at LMU? Any insight will be greatly appreciate it.

Hey guys,
Congratulations on getting in to the post bacc program. I am graduate of the program and I will be attending LMU-DCOM as a 1st year next year. Let me know if any of you guys have any questions. I would be more than willing to help. I have a question though? When do you guys have to move to harrogate by? and when do you guys start classes?

I already paid my deposit guys =) anyone knows what is the best place to get a one bed apartment? I noticed last year students were staying at somewhere called Mars apartments, is this still the place to go? Also I have metro pcs as my cell company do you know if it will work at LMU? Any insight will be greatly appreciate it.

Hey a lot of the post-baccs ;ast year did live in either Mars, Lee or University Inn which are all apartments close to each other and a lot of the medical students live in these apartments as well. They are about 1.5 to 2 miles from school so its a pretty short distance to drive. I do have to warn you guys that the cellular service in the apartments is pretty bad and I had verizon. I know some of the other guys had AT&T and I think it was worse than verizon.

Hey guys,
Congratulations on getting in to the post bacc program. I am graduate of the program and I will be attending LMU-DCOM as a 1st year next year. Let me know if any of you guys have any questions. I would be more than willing to help. I have a question though? When do you guys have to move to harrogate by? and when do you guys start classes?

I think the program starts the last week of july . I am not sure about everyone else but I'll be moving July 1st . Gives me time to know the area and get ready.

I think the program starts the last week of july . I am not sure about everyone else but I'll be moving July 1st . Gives me time to know the area and get ready.

Hi =) I am planning on moving around July 1st as well but I am not sure where I will live yet. This is going to sound a little dumb but I have never seen snow so I have to ask (how bad does it get during the winter, does it snow a lot?)

Hey the winter is actually not that bad but Im from Ohio. It did snow a couple of times and we got a couple of days off classes but the weather is very sporadic at times. One day it could be snowing and the next day it would be like high 60's.

Hi =) I am planning on moving around July 1st as well but I am not sure where I will live yet. This is going to sound a little dumb but I have never seen snow so I have to ask (how bad does it get during the winter, does it snow a lot?)

Hey the winter is actually not that bad but Im from Ohio. It did snow a couple of times and we got a couple of days off classes but the weather is very sporadic at times. One day it could be snowing and the next day it would be like high 60's.

Thank you =) I'll be getting ready to move to LMU and see you all in July. Thank you guys I am happy it seems there are a lot of nice people at LMU.:love:

I received an email with my housing assignment today. I will be living in Lee, in a three bedroom suite. I was told I can't move in until July 23-25 though... :(

Anybody else receive their assignment?

Received my information packet in the mail today... I was hoping for a little more detailed info., but whatever. They do have a laptop fee on their list of fees, in case anybody else was wondering whether we would have to buy their laptops.

I just got my acceptance letter TODAY! AHHHHH! I was really starting to sweat! Can't wait to meet everybody! :) :) :)