Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the info! Do you know about any schedule details? I don't think we will get class schedules until orientation, but do you know if classes are usually an 8am-1pm type, not including lab?

starxgazing hit it on the head. The schedule is very sporadic because the Master's program is part of LMU while the medical classes are associated with DCOM. They try to arrange the schedule to avoid as many conflicts as possible, but there will be times when you miss anatomy lecture because of your master classes. You should however never miss anatomy lab as they take that into account when creating the schedule.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate into Dcom or other med schools after the masters here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the acceptance rate into Dcom or other med schools after the masters here?

There are about 65ish Master students from my class in the class of 2020. Not sure how many are in the most recent class. A number took offers at other schools as well.

Hi everyone! Do you think it will be manageable to work part time while doing the BP program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone! Do you think it will be manageable to work part time while doing the BP program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I suppose it's possible, but I don't really see why you would or should to be honest. If money is the concern, just take the full loan amount and live frugally. If your ultimate goal is to go to medical school, doing anything that jeopardizes your grades is a poor choice. Remember that programs like this are double edged - if you choose to do it and you do poorly, your chance of ever getting into medical school becomes next to zero.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to you guys that are attending!

Does anyone know about when the other med schools that I'm applying to this year will do interviews? I'm assuming they will want to see some sort of grades before making a decision?

Hi! I applied to the Biomedical Professions program. I called in today to check my application status and I was told that a decision was mailed on Friday and I would receive it in the mail shortly. Did anyone have a phone interview for this program before getting an acceptance? Do they only mail acceptances or do they mail rejections too?

There is usually a phone interview and they mail both acceptances and rejections. I don't know what it means if you had gotten something mailed without having a phone interview - this may indicate that you applied too late.

Anyone know admission stats for this program? (number of students applied and number accepted?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know admission stats for this program? (number of students applied and number accepted?)
120-140 are admitted, around 300-400 apply, you have a greater than 1/3 chance of getting in, I applied the day before the deadline and got in 2 days later, not a very selective program.

I personally wouldn't recommend this program, unless you really want to take anatomy with the 1st years. If you're mcat is holding you back, study hard and retake it, a high mcat will open up many doors. If you have a low gpa but high mcat and have applied to med schools and didn't get in, do a real SMP that are harder to get into and do well in the program or do a cheaper state master's program. Every app is different, you have to evaluate it and see what needs improvement.

Only about 50-60% of the master's students got into their DO school last year, it used to be higher than 80%, but they removed those stats off their site.

Even if you do well in this program there is no guarantee you will be accepted into their DO school, I know students who had 4.0 gpa's in the program and >500 mcat, but were waitlisted and didn't get in. I also knew students who had C's in anatomy and some who had 492 mcat scores or 2.5 ugpa's who were accepted! They don't respect merit in this program, but a**-kissing to the higher ups is much appreciated and valued.

Nonetheless, they have some amazing professors at this school who are not appreciated and underpaid, and they are one step closer to leaving. There is good and bad in every program, but people tend to be overly positive about the school they spent their time and money at and don't want to accept some facts or be realistic, just providing another perspective here

The MS anatomical sciences program is smaller consisting of 25-30 students, most of these students get in because of the ability to get close to the professors. BP program is harder and will prepare you better for medical school. Some of the classes they make you take is a waste of time and money, also make sure you have taken biochem, genetics, ethics, statistics etc or else they will make you take them at the undergrad level but they will charge you graduate tuition! and don't do the post bac program (total bs)

I retook the mcat and was accepted into an MD school, I wish I had taken the mcat earlier instead of attending this costly program, I am not bitter about my experience, in fact I believe the classes I took here will definitely prepare me for med school, I just believe, in retrospect that there are better alternatives, depending on your situation

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
120-140 are admitted, around 300-400 apply, you have a greater than 1/3 chance of getting in, I applied the day before the deadline and got in 2 days later, not a very selective program.

I personally wouldn't recommend this program, unless you really want to take anatomy with the 1st years. If you're mcat is holding you back, study hard and retake it, a high mcat will open up many doors. If you have a low gpa but high mcat and have applied to med schools and didn't get in, do a real SMP that are harder to get into and do well in the program or do a cheaper state master's program. Every app is different, you have to evaluate it and see what needs improvement.

Only about 50-60% of the master's students got into their DO school last year, it used to be higher than 80%, but they removed those stats off their site.

Even if you do well in this program there is no guarantee you will be accepted into their DO school, I know students who had 4.0 gpa's in the program and >500 mcat, but were waitlisted and didn't get in. I also knew students who had C's in anatomy and some who had 492 mcat scores or 2.5 ugpa's who were accepted! They don't respect merit in this program, but a**-kissing to the higher ups is much appreciated and valued.

Nonetheless, they have some amazing professors at this school who are not appreciated and underpaid, and they are one step closer to leaving. There is good and bad in every program, but people tend to be overly positive about the school they spent their time and money at and don't want to accept some facts or be realistic, just providing another perspective here

The MS anatomical sciences program is smaller consisting of 25-30 students, most of these students get in because of the ability to get close to the professors. BP program is harder and will prepare you better for medical school. Some of the classes they make you take is a waste of time and money, also make sure you have taken biochem, genetics, ethics, statistics etc or else they will make you take them at the undergrad level but they will charge you graduate tuition! and don't do the post bac program (total bs)

I retook the mcat and was accepted into an MD school, I wish I had taken the mcat earlier instead of attending this costly program, I am not bitter about my experience, in fact I believe the classes I took here will definitely prepare me for med school, I just believe, in retrospect that there are better alternatives, depending on your situation

After my 1.5 years in this program with a 3.9 and not accepted to DCOM, I echo these sentiments. The good and bad are eloquently stated here. Just know if you really want to go to DCOM, start kissing up day one (if you are the type to work hard but lack schmoozing skills, you are SOL). Its much easier through the Anatomical program as those many of the professors have DCOM ties. If you are doing BP, it will be much more difficult. I can't say if either track is more difficult academically.

I have real reservations about the direction of this graduate program. Several of quality professors I have had the privilege to get to know have either retired or bolted for greener pastures. The director of admissions has left for the same position at LMU-CVM. They removed any mentions of linkage with DCOM on their website. % of Masters students accepted into DCOM has sharply declined recently.

Last edited:
What about someone in the Anatomical science program that does really well, like 4.0. Is it still not very likely they will get in unless they kiss up to the prof? It sounds like getting good grades doesn't mean anything there, just getting to know the right people.

From my class (I did BP), around ~95% of AS graduates received acceptances to DCOM. I can only recall 1 out of 20-25 AS students not getting in, it was interview related. Therefore, if you are in the AS program, do well and you are fine.

+1! I could not agree more with you.

So apparently there is going to be a new 2nd DCOM campus that'll open next year per email from Pam Lester: "As a note, LMU has announced that they plan to open an additional medical school, in Knoxville, Tennessee, next year! This will open up additional opportunities for more seats for medical students! LMU continues to grow and expand and we look forward to your being a part of that!".

Does this mean the matriculation rate from MS to DCOM will increase because of more seats? Im super worried about the matriculation percentage mentioned by @MDlyfe.

Btw I was rejected from AS but accepted into BP with course deficiencies in Ethics and Genetics.

I'm awaiting from Midwestern MA in Biomedical Sciences interview and am thinking about their program as well because their program is pretty big and well known. Ive heard that th curriculum over there is tough though. Any linkages / interview over there??

Is it too late to apply to either of the Masters programs? Anatomy or BP. I'd love to have some more prep work before applying to medical school. I graduated 10 years ago with a 2.85 gpa but have since taken post bacc course over the last 2 years bringing my cgpa up to 3.11 and sgpa up to 3.3 with MCAT of 506. Would I have a decent chance of getting in these programs?

Is it too late to apply to either of the Masters programs? Anatomy or BP. I'd love to have some more prep work before applying to medical school. I graduated 10 years ago with a 2.85 gpa but have since taken post bacc course over the last 2 years bringing my cgpa up to 3.11 and sgpa up to 3.3 with MCAT of 506. Would I have a decent chance of getting in these programs?

Yes you will get in, this program needs people for tuition. With your stats and upward trend, have you tried applying yet? It’s risky to pay $30k for this program and not be guaranteed anything. Starting this year masters students are interviewing along with regular applicants.

No I haven't applied yet. I probably will this summer though as soon as the cycle opens up. I would still like to find something to do over the next year that would better prepare me for medical school though. Do they not still offer the guaranteed interview with 3.0 or greater GPA? Or do you mean that they no longer have a reserved amount of seats for just masters students?

No I haven't applied yet. I probably will this summer though as soon as the cycle opens up. I would still like to find something to do over the next year that would better prepare me for medical school though. Do they not still offer the guaranteed interview with 3.0 or greater GPA? Or do you mean that they no longer have a reserved amount of seats for just masters students?

They still offer a guaranteed interview. The trend is that less and less are being accepted over the last several years, due to changes in leadership and some former masters students not performing up to par at DCOM. I would say if you can get into Anatomical Sciences track it’s worth it, if you only get into Biomedical Professions it’s not worth the money.

You should have all your application stuff ready for AACOMAS and submit in May when the cycle first opens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Have you applied this cycle? With your stats, and decent ECs I think you could get into some new schools. If you're looking for a good post bad option - go to LECOM. I know 4 people personally who have gotten into medical school through their program. Maintain above a 3.0 and you get an interview. If you get around 3.3+ I'm almost certain you will get in.

Go post in the chances thread to get others input. I had to wipe the dust off my account to see this post haha. Let me know if you have any Qs!

So, i got accepted to the Biomedical programs. Is anatomical sciences better to do since I actually want to take advantage of the linkage. Is it possible to switch to the AS program?
thanks.

So, i got accepted to the Biomedical programs. Is anatomical sciences better to do since I actually want to take advantage of the linkage. Is it possible to switch to the AS program?
thanks.
Anatomical science is better, you don't take as hard classes in the first semester, and the acceptance rate is higher. I don't know if you can switch, but I would reach out to them and give it a try.

thanks.

Just for the record, BP doesn't really take difficult classes in the fall semester either (besides MGA). Most people take RDA, Ethics, MGA, and Colloquial, assuming you have no deficiencies. The spring semester is brutal but the BP classes seem to be better preparation for MFM for OMS-1 year because biochem and cell bio line up pretty well with what they are learning, obviously not exactly the same but still relevant.