Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email saying my application is complete and under review. They hope to provide me with an update soon.
Due to the quantity and quality of applications, our interview seats are filled through 2016. We have rolling admissions and will interview through April. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via email.

I my application was complete in September. It looks like they finally reached my application. I thought they lost it.

Just received the same one!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete in September too and I sent them an email in October asking about my status and I didn't get a response back.. Maybe I'll get the same email lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying my application is complete and under review. They hope to provide me with an update soon.
Due to the quantity and quality of applications, our interview seats are filled through 2016. We have rolling admissions and will interview through April. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via email.

My application was complete in September. It looks like they finally reached my application. I thought they lost it.
I received the same email today as well! I'm just confused as to whether they mean there are no II slots left, or if they're all filled through December.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

My application was complete in September. It looks like they finally reached my application. I thought they lost it.
+1 got the same exact email today. Submitted my secondary in October.

I emailed them for an update and was rejected post Secondary.

Meh, oh well.

For those who interviewed on 12/2...did they say they would get back to us this Monday 12/5?

Or next?

Accepted on Friday Dec. 2nd!

Reactions: 4 users
Just declined the offer of acceptance. Good luck to everyone interviewing here, it's a great school!

They said they'll be presenting us to the admissions committee on Wednesday (12/07), then we might hear something on Friday IF they have the time to call? (My understanding was the Dean tries to call those accepted but not everybody gets a call, just depends on how busy things are.) But she said we'd definitely know by that following Monday! (12/12)

For those who interviewed on 12/2...did they say they would get back to us this Monday 12/5?

Or next?

Also side note, LOVED this school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope my acceptance goes to one of you!

Last edited:
Just checked my phone and had a voicemail saying I was accepted!! My first acceptance! so unbelievably happy right now :biglove:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Giving up my seat here, I hope it goes to one of you! Goodluck to everyone! :)

Giving up my seat here, I hope it goes to one of you! Goodluck to everyone! :)

Would you mind elaborating a little bit? I've been accepted to another rural DO program already, but I interviewed at DCOM on Friday and I'm really hoping for a favorable admissions decision. The facilities and curriculum were major selling points for me, and the (marginally) more attractive location was a nice bonus. I don't know that I'll ever be 100% satisfied with my decision to choose one school over another, but I want to be as informed as possible if I'm fortunate enough to choose.

Paid my deposit here Friday. I'll be attending unless I hear back from a state school because of the cost. I'm doing everything I can to stay in TN. Looking forward to next summer!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Deposit paid, apps withdrawn from all other schools, will officially be here in the Fall!

Reactions: 2 users
I called yesterday to do an application status change and they told me I have been selected for an interview for Jan 27th! Do we as applicants have a portal that we can log onto to check our app?

I called yesterday to do an application status change and they told me I have been selected for an interview for Jan 27th! Do we as applicants have a portal that we can log onto to check our app?

The flow of information through the DCOM portal seems to be unidirectional. I logged in the night before my interview and it didn't look any different. My II came from admissions with instructions to call for my appointment. It seems they're still doing things the old fashioned(ish) way.

Accepted via email rn! Interviewed 9/30. Weird bc I thought my interview went horrible and I had some tough interviewers. Guess you never know what they're looking for :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone else! Im sure the waiting list will move quickly.

How was your interview experience? Why would you say it went horribly? Congrats on the acceptance!!!

Hmm, does anyone else have any insight on them not looking at GPA/MCAT again post interview when making their decisions?

EDIT: quoting error. I meant to reply to another person's comment about LMU not looking at the numbers (gpa/mcat) after the II has been sent to you.

How was your interview experience? Why would you say it went horribly? Congrats on the acceptance!!!

Thanks! Eh I just don't think it flowed well compared to my other interviews. Some awkward pauses, and I didn't answer too well (I thought). Just sorta felt impersonable and awkward. However, a current student said I had 2 of the tougher interviewers so maybe that's just their demeanor lol

Hmm, does anyone else have any insight on them not looking at GPA/MCAT again post interview when making their decisions?

EDIT: quoting error. I meant to reply to another person's comment about LMU not looking at the numbers (gpa/mcat) after the II has been sent to you.

When I went for my interview they said something along the lines of "if you are here, it's because we think your grades, GPA and resume are good enough, and we want to see how you fit into the school." The interview is completely closed file, meaning the people interviewing you only know your name and where you are from (because it's on your name badge).

When I went for my interview they said something along the lines of "if you are here, it's because we think your grades, GPA and resume are good enough, and we want to see how you fit into the school." The interview is completely closed file, meaning the people interviewing you only know your name and where you are from (because it's on your name badge).

Thank you for your input! How was your interview experience here?

Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to everyone, loved it here though!

Thank you for your input! How was your interview experience here?

Laid back doesn't even begin to describe it. It truly is a conversation between you and the 2 interviewers. I didn't feel like I was being interviewed at any point, I just felt like I was talking to 2 people about my life journey and why I was ready to come to LMU.

Just received the email for an II!!!!!! I'm so stoked!!

Hi guys! For those that have interviewed- what's the most cost efficient way of flying in and renting a car? Which airports are you finding to be the most cost efficient?

Hi guys! For those that have interviewed- what's the most cost efficient way of flying in and renting a car? Which airports are you finding to be the most cost efficient?

I personally drove in, but I know that Tyson-McGhee Airport (in Knoxville, TN) is likely your best option as it's about an hour away. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro, KY (seemed to be the cleanest option) and the school runs a shuttle service the morning of the interview to pick you up at the hotel and take you back after it's all over. The school is only 5 minutes from the hotel, so if you wanted to drive yourself and see the scenery a bit it is very easy. Contact the school though, there should be group rates available at the hotels.

Hello!
I wanted to check in and ask for some advice from those that have been interviewed and accepted- how would you recommend bringing up a 'blemish' in your application during the interview? I want the two faculty members that interview me be the best advocates possible when they revisit my application after the interview and I want them to be prepared when speaking with the committee and making a decision. Thank you for any advice!

Hello!
I wanted to check in and ask for some advice from those that have been interviewed and accepted- how would you recommend bringing up a 'blemish' in your application during the interview? I want the two faculty members that interview me be the best advocates possible when they revisit my application after the interview and I want them to be prepared when speaking with the committee and making a decision. Thank you for any advice!

I think it really depends on what that blemish is. I probably wouldn't bring it up outright though but without knowing it's hard to say how to handle it. They certainly won't be asking you about it as your interview is closed file

Hello!

They asked me "what has been your biggest failure" which allowed me to introduce the blemish (my GPA from fresh/soph year) and turn it into a positive (the steps I have taken to correct since then). It truly is a conversation though, so it really just depends on the direction of the conversation for how you can introduce it. My best advice though would be to make sure you address it, this is your one time to truly explain why the blemish occurred and more importantly to explain how you have/are correcting it.

My understanding is that your 2 interviewers are your advocates during the file review. So by explaining this to them, when it comes up in the file review (which occurs a couple days later), they can vouch for you. I'm certain that's the only reason I got in.

They asked me "what has been your biggest failure" which allowed me to introduce the blemish (my GPA from fresh/soph year) and turn it into a positive (the steps I have taken to correct since then). It truly is a conversation though, so it really just depends on the direction of the conversation for how you can introduce it. My best advice though would be to make sure you address it, this is your one time to truly explain why the blemish occurred and more importantly to explain how you have/are correcting it.

My understanding is that your 2 interviewers are your advocates during the file review. So by explaining this to them, when it comes up in the file review (which occurs a couple days later), they can vouch for you. I'm certain that's the only reason I got in.

How would you suggest going about it if the "bigger failure" question does not come up but you would still like to bring it up and explain yourself?

Edit: repeated question by accident

Congrats! :) Complete/stats if you don't mind me asking?
My stats overall are terrible. I've taken the MCAT twice and both were less than 500 (493, 497). my GPA is a 3.72 and sGPA is a 3.62. This is actually the only school to offer me an interview! I wrote a great secondary as well as PS. I believe they look at applicants holistically. That's the only way I can see how I landed an interview. If I can gain an acceptance, it'll prove that there is more to an applicant than numbers. I was also complete 11/2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My stats overall are terrible. I've taken the MCAT twice and both were less than 500 (493, 497). my GPA is a 3.72 and sGPA is a 3.62. This is actually the only school to offer me an interview! I wrote a great secondary as well as PS. I believe they look at applicants holistically. That's the only way I can see how I landed an interview. If can gain an acceptance, it'll prove that there is more to an applicant than numbers. I was also complete 11/2.

That's amazing! My stats are very similar to yours! cGPA: 3.71 sGPA:3.6 MCAT:499. I hope you get accepted!

That's amazing! My stats are very similar to yours! cGPA: 3.71 sGPA:3.6 MCAT:499. I hope you get accepted!
Thank you! I hope you hear something soon as well! with 5,000 plus applicants, I feel like it's a crap-shoot on who gets selected.

Thank you! I hope you hear something soon as well! with 5,000 plus applicants, I feel like it's a crap-shoot on who gets selected.

Wow! Over 5,000? How many do they interview? We are blessed to just get interviews then?!!!

Wow! Over 5,000? How many do they interview? We are blessed to just get interviews then?!!!

This was posted earlier in this thread on page 9. I'm guessing this is the previous years numbers. This is why I'm excited for even having the opportunity to interview here! Hoping for a successful interview!

"They receive 5129 applications, interview 604 candidates, accept 460."

LMU-DCOM OMS III. Here to answer any questions anyone may have :)

LMU-DCOM OMS III. Here to answer any questions anyone may have :)

Hey there, so as you know we only got to meet 1st and 2nd year students when we interviewed. They didn't have two much insight to the process of applying to clinical rotations when I was there in September.

What is the process of applying to core sites like? Is it completely a pot luck type system? Are most of the rotations preceptor style, with few or no residents? If so, thoughts on that?

Going a completely different direction, where would you live if you were to start year one and two again?

Thanks!